Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Pulse XT40 as second plane?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Hangar 9 Pulse XT40 as second plane?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 04:45 PM
parkpilot01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 Pulse XT40 as second plane?

I've heard some great reviews of the Hangar 9 Pulse XT40 and its been recommended to me. It will only be my second plane and Im kinda concerned about how it will handle? People at the field have recommended the Wot 4, but I cant be bothered with a kit build and from what Ive seen the two have similar flight performance. Just wondering what your comments are about the pulse. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:55 PM
bencav84

Default RE: Hangar 9 Pulse XT40 as second plane?

Do a search, the Pulse XT 40 and 60 get a fantastic review.

They are built light, so reinforce the landing gear mount area.

IMHO, they are a little too expesive for a second plane, which, always seem to live a harder life than trainers (getting to grips with aerobatics and new stunts etc..)

Black horse do a great range of ARFs which are good seconds (I have the super air myself, but the travel air is also a very good plane) not quite Hangar 9 quality, but very good for half the money.

I have to agree with you, I feel sticking an ARF together is too much hassle, never mind a kit build. My enjoyment of this hobby is airborn, not benchborn!!

Enjoy whatever you go with!!

BC
Old 11-04-2008, 11:33 PM
kbailey45
My Feedback: (41)

Take a look at this for your second plane its fairly inexpensive. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCLX6&P=0
Old 11-07-2008, 07:20 AM
wannabflyboy
My Feedback: (10)

My second plane was a Pulse 60. It was an incredibly easy transition. It flies very close to a trainer but will do sport aerobatics if you want it to. Slow flight is incredible and it was a great confidence builder for me. I was a little apprehensive about moving from a trainer to a low wing but it was a breeze. Hope this helps.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:50 AM
kbailey45
My Feedback: (41)

I was actually looking at the Pulse because I think they are good looking planes. I went from a Duraplane 40 as my trainer to a GP Venus 40 as my second without any problems.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the local flyers has the Sig Extra as a second plane.

Jim
Old 11-07-2008, 11:36 AM
TideFlyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Pulse XT 40 is a terrific flying plane and will make an excellent first low wing/2nd plane in my opinion. If you decide to go in that direction, send me a PM or e-mail for some tips.

Andy
Old 11-07-2008, 12:14 PM
opjose

One of the Pulse's salient points is that because it is a decent aerobatic plane, you will not tire of it.

You'll still drag it out to the field even after you've transitioned to more complex and harder to fly planes, just to have some relaxed fun with it.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:03 AM
HollywoodHitman

DO IT!!! I love this plane. I have well over 100 flights on mine now I'd guess. Still going strong.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Sherman

The Great Planes Easy Sport is an excellent second plane. My friend started with a trainer, and his second plane was the Easy Sport. He now has a Pulse and a Tower Kaos, and flies the heck out of them. He constantly advised relative newcomers to get the Easy Sport, which flies like a trainer, but can be a lot more maneuvarable. The Pulse, Four Star, Tiger (Goldberg) and the Kyoto low wing Calmato are all good flying planes and easy to take off and land. Good luck on your venture!