RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Sport Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/sport-flying-373/)
-   -   cant go flying!!!!!!!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/sport-flying-373/10534225-cant-go-flying.html)

dasquirrelisme 05-22-2011 08:53 AM

cant go flying!!!!!!!!!

It was a perfect day to go flying so I drove out to the field ..I was so excited since it was going to be my first flight this season but once I got there the lane that goes to the field was flooded..this just isnt fair..

thailazer 07-12-2011 02:01 AM

RE: cant go flying!!!!!!!!!

One of the fields I fly at has a lane that floods as well. Have forded it a few times but hate doing it as you can never know how deep it is.
A lot of things have to go right to be able to fly! Radio has to work, plane has to be together with all its bits, the engine has to be set up.

I've been shut out the last two trips out. First time was a bad glow driver that wasn't charged and yesterday, I found out that the battery that is in the glow driver self-discharges over the course of a few hours. The lighting stroke that took out the charger must have created a leakage path in the battery. A lot of things have to go right to be able to get a flight in!

AmishWarlord 07-12-2011 02:16 AM

That's what sims and park flyers are for.

Now sims and park flyers aren’t as fun as being out at a real field with the guys but I don't think the guys where at the field either. I'm sure the guys at your field can "feel" when that road is flooded in their bones. :)

Just be patient. You where probably going to have a radio glitch caused by solar activity, lose your plane and then yell out that the universe hates you. See? The universe didn't let you fly and crash your plane. It loves you after all.

thailazer 07-12-2011 03:10 AM

AmishWL, that is great re-framing! Always the optimist, and you are probably right. There were a couple of F-5's doing low levels just looking for targets.

Minnreefer 07-12-2011 06:37 PM

I feel your pain, our club owns the land that we fly at, but the problem is it is very low near a river. The river has been over it's banks now since last March, it might go down below our level in a week, but, it has been close 3 times this year. We have a back up flying site, but it is not as good and not home.

dasquirrelisme 07-13-2011 10:04 AM

thats funny you said something about the glow driver being bad.I went out to the field last week and unloaded everything,got the plane ready and then realized my glow driver was dead because of a bad battery. The weather here hasnt been that great for flying but I have been out about a half dozen times.Hopefully we will have nice fall weather to make up for it.

thailazer 07-13-2011 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: dasquirrelisme

thats funny you said something about the glow driver being bad.I went out to the field last week and unloaded everything,got the plane ready and then realized my glow driver was dead because of a bad battery. The weather here hasnt been that great for flying but I have been out about a half dozen times.Hopefully we will have nice fall weather to make up for it.
I picked up a new battery yesterday and it has been on the charger all night. Going to try to fly this afternoon but the clouds are already rolling in so might have to stand down again!

jeffk464 07-16-2011 05:43 PM

I'm going to try flying tomorrow with a year and half old glow fuel, I might be in the same boat. :)

AmishWarlord 07-17-2011 01:57 AM

LOL@FAI fuel

Good luck!

lopflyers 09-01-2011 06:42 PM

WOW, that is me.

Went to the field with just one plane and it didnt start, I tried for 1 hr at no avail. Still dont know whats wrong with it

Went two days later and the moment I arrived to the field it starts pouring, waited one hour for the rain to stop and it got worse

Went with high winds, but took a 72" and a 59", the 72 inches I stalled 2 feet from the ground and bended the main in the first flight, never took off with the small one out of fear of the wind.

:([:@]

Charlie P. 09-01-2011 08:02 PM

Run home and get the floats!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/r...151/sarp10.jpg

red head 09-02-2011 12:55 PM

Ya never take ONE plane to the flying field !!!! That's as bad as just one more flight !! Ya know it's going to go bad. ENJOY !!! RED

dasquirrelisme 09-02-2011 02:01 PM

I never take more than 1 plane to the field..I figure if im going to leave with a trashbag of balsa 1 bag is enough.

kerwin50 09-06-2011 02:30 PM

I use to take more than one plane out but since I got the MX my twist gets really jealous so I have to take them out seperate.

SGT.SHAGGY 09-14-2011 04:43 PM

if your going to do it do it right, the zip lock bags that I have my lunch in at the field should be plenty big to take home the receiver, engine and what servos may be found:)
on another note, I have nit flown at a club field in some time being that I am deployed, being that where we fly is right on the wire the chances of needing a bag at all are slim to non. Lol

ORIGINAL: dasquirrelisme

I never take more than 1 plane to the field..I figure if im going to leave with a trashbag of balsa 1 bag is enough.