RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Sport Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/sport-flying-373/)
-   -   Stinger II any good? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/sport-flying-373/11181301-stinger-ii-any-good.html)

skyraider71 08-04-2012 09:38 PM

Stinger II any good?

Anyone flying the GP/Lanier Stinger II?
How does it fly? What do ya think?

scott36 08-05-2012 03:18 AM

RE: Stinger II any good?

ive been looking at this plane for a eletric coversion, not much info for eletric tho, but alot of folks like the older ones and speak good of this one. try a search there is some info out there.

ratherbflyin 08-05-2012 10:58 AM

I have one and love it, very good quality arf with excellent fitting parts and covering job. Used all the hardware included. I have a O.S. 55AX and Bisson pitts muffler in it and she is quick with lot's of vertical. Really a 46 size is plenty but l had the 55 sitting without a home. No bad habits for this plane. Get one, you will not regret it![8D]

maukaonyx 08-05-2012 04:00 PM

I really like mine a lot. Powered by a YS63, it really zips along and flies big. The ARF is very good quality. Jon

AJsToyz 08-31-2012 07:40 AM

What size prop you running on the YS?

I have this on electric. Depending on how much power your looking for will really dictate your set up. The plane flies very well with a 42-60-800kv motor, 12x8 3 blade Master Aitscrew prop on a 4s 5000mah lipo. I tried this on a couple differant E props, but was not very happy.

Andy

maukaonyx 09-02-2012 06:01 AM

Sorry it took so long to answer...prop on my YS63 is an APC 12x6. I had to get the plane down from its storage perch and remove the spinner. Gonna fly it today while its down. Jon

svanvalkenburg 01-15-2013 02:15 PM

I got one and stuffed a Magnum 70FS into it (I likes me some power!) with a Xoar 13X6. Mounting it took some major surgery on the mount to get the correct backplate spacing but the rest was straightforward. I really like the quality fit and finish. On the maiden flight it had a severely pronounced roll to the right but I was able to get it down safely using about half a stick left aileron all the way. Back at the ranch I started checking things like I should have done in the first place and found one degree positive incidence on the left wing. After reworking the locator pin hole in the fuselage all was okay. I flew it again this weekend and was very pleased. Unlimited vertical, does anything you want, goes where you point it and lands like a butterfly with sore feet. The only other thing I didn't like was the supplied plastic spinner. It doesn't match the covering and the soft plastic back plate warped just enough to make contact with my very carefully spaced cowl...Grrrr! So, I replaced that with an aluminum one which looks so much better. I wrote GP about the incidence thing but they never responded so they either don't believe me or don't care. Whatever. I think this will be my new standard as I build my Meister 109...

maukaonyx 01-16-2013 07:14 AM

Mine is fine in the incidence department, sorry about yours. Loving the plane though, with the YS 63 in it. SUre is nice to take it out since it packs up easily, or can even fit in the truck or XB fully assembled. Love to scream down the runway at WOT with the plane whistling, haha. Jon