RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Sport Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/sport-flying-373/)
-   -   What is wrong with people in the marketplace? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/sport-flying-373/11568533-what-wrong-people-marketplace.html)

lopflyers 07-13-2013 11:51 AM

What is wrong with people in the marketplace?

I am always browsing in the market place section here on RCU. Sometimes you can find good deals.I have also sell items here. You know the saying: Someones trash is someone else treasure.But people want too much money for their planes. You see ads where the seller even details how much he spent building the plane, and then substract 10-15% for an used and abused plane.If I have that kind of money to spend in a plane for 10-15% Ill buy new.When you take a brand new car out of the dealer there is 30% depreciation right there. That is without scratches, what make people think that their planes dont depreciate.The times that I put an article in there I d research the price new and post it at 50%.They put their goodies there and of course they don't sell, any person interested in selling will drop the price, but noooooooo. They go ahead and put in there at the same price. Definition of insanity: Doing the same things and expecting different results!!!!!The only thing worth in there is people who like to build but not to fly, there are some ads New, never flown plane. Those are worth IMO more than 50% original values, anything else, for crying outloud, lower the price or keep it in your garage.Am I too cranky today?

vpresley 07-13-2013 12:31 PM

RE: What is wrong with people in the marketplace?

Man can ask any price he wants!!! Will he get it? That's another question. You can always make an offer if your interested. Now days there are so many LOWBALLERS you have to ask a higher price just to get the price you want in an offer. Or name your price and don't budge. Many ways to deal with the situation. Don't get mad if they refuse your offer, just move on. That's what I do.

Vince

rt3232 07-14-2013 01:13 PM

Some times your are lucky to get .15 cents on your doller

Roary m 07-20-2013 04:55 PM

I have always understood that once you buy something new from mail order or retail, it loses roughly 30% in value. When it becomes a collector, I guess it's whatever the market will bear. There are price lists for out of prod. stuff but it still gets a bit subjective. I hear you though, I think some folks are trying to make a retirement off their 'cool flier' ship with one of a kind engine. My philosophy is if I want it, I don't try to bargain with the seller; I just ask myself if I really want it and that way I avoid insulting the seller(who either may not be aware of how the market works or he doesn't want to take a hard loss). I try to do my homework and create a 'comp' list as well.(A 'comp list' is a listing of similar items at the same or close price and condition being sold at close to the same date).., please excuse my grammar here, I'm having a brain freeze.

AA5BY 07-21-2013 02:52 AM

Yeah, I think you are being too cranky.... but we all have those days.

tailskid 07-21-2013 01:17 PM

If you consider the Marketplace being $$$$....check out some of the 'Buy it Now' prices on flee-bay!!!!

lopflyers 07-21-2013 02:33 PM

That's ridiculous. LHS is cheaper than flee bay