Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

how about a faq,?,help auction forum

Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

how about a faq,?,help auction forum

Old 08-05-2003, 08:51 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how about a faq,?,help auction forum

after looking around breifly at the auction part of rcu i cant help but wonder how many topics will be started in the wrong forums related to that.
i got a little lost and im pretty good when it comes to the web.

im sure all the info i need is right there for me, but i didnt have time to look, but im sure new guys wont be so patient and either giev up on rcu or post a question in the nitro car forum about how to sell theit buggy.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:02 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a complete and total online help guide which covers EVERY aspect of the auction in detail plus little "?" icons everywhere with popup tooltip text and you can click them also for even more information from the help guide. Check it out tonight or when we do the next beta test. It is FAR easier than ebay. Simply click sell in the marketplace and then just go through the "EZ" steps.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:12 AM
mvigod
Banned

Oh yeah...and we will have dedicated user support forums for the auction AND classified systems in case the extensive help guide doesn't give you the answer. The help guide is searchable and quite amazing though...do check it out.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Trombe
My Feedback: (1)

Ummmm, everything was deleted from lastnight... right?
Old 08-07-2003, 02:23 AM
mvigod
Banned

everything wasn't deleted yet. we will delete it before launch..it is all test data to ferret out bugs or functionality issues. we have fixed many bugs and implemented many user suggestions already. the code is cleaning up very nice now and is super fast.

Another test is slated for tomorrow. I want everyone to use the fake credit card supplied to buy, bid, sell, place classifieds, wanted ads, make offers..go nuts...stress and strain the system.

Once the marketplace code is certified clean we will test the forum side. Once that is clean we can do a unified test, ensure all data integrity and then go for a launch. Estimate is 7-14 days.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:20 PM
Trombe
My Feedback: (1)

Well, I *acidently* placed a $9,000 bid on an item and got VERY scared when It never asked for the fake credit card... Is that supposed to hapen?

Oh yea, How do ya like my new Avitar? MinnFlyer made it!
Old 08-08-2003, 01:19 AM
mvigod
Banned

a bidder does not need a credit card. Only a seller needs one. A buyer/bidder can "opt" to enter a credit card so we can run an AVS check (no charge on the card) to verify the buyer. This makes them an "AVB" or address verified buyer. AGain this is not mandatory for buyers to do.