Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

Classifieds...Way to go

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

Classifieds...Way to go

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 08:05 AM
ilike2fly
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classifieds...Way to go

I just wanted to thank you guys at RC Universe. I know with any change you are going to get a lot of $%^#[:'(]. I was used to the old site and this one will take some getting used to, but in the end I'm sure it will be much better. I just had 2 listings in classified. One for sale and one for an item wanted. I had a buyer in about 15 min. and had a seller in 5. GREAT JOB
Old 09-10-2003, 04:29 PM
1Jimbo
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Classifieds...Way to go

LOTS of people including me will NOT give out personal info (credit card # ect...) online.[:'(]
Old 09-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a good thing you don't have to enter a credit card to submit a classified or wanted ad wouldn't you say? The Marketplace help section explains it all should you be interested.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:44 PM
easysport

Sorry to say that I think the classifieds are going to be a bust unless there is a major re-aranging done including listing more sub catagories. I dont want to look at page after page of planes to find a prop or page after page of engines to find a muffler. What about using all the classifications that were in the old RCU. Also They should be listed similarly to the way it used to be.I dont need to look at a 2in high box with a picture that does no good with a 1 sentence description. You could fit 50 classifieds in the space you have 7 now.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:20 PM
Nathan
Administrator

I've read this reply and your other but will respond here. Please make sure you understand how the Marketplace works before posting your suggestions. If you would like assistance I will be more than willing to walk you through it just email me. You may also go to the help page for detailed explanations of how it works.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:30 PM
easysport

Listen Plane insane I have loved this site from the first time I joined and have sent many other people here and I do know how the classifieds and auctions work. I just believe that it is better to click 3 times and see 75 listings than 21. I dont need pictures that show no detail to lure me to look at something I may buy.I also like things to be organized in a logical manner something I may say is a shared trait with a lot of other RCers. I liked the many catagories in the old marketplace always found something that I did not know I needed while browsing some of them and I like you guys am only trying to contribute to the betterment of this site.One thing I will ask where is this "filter" to see only members classifieds and not commercial ones?
Old 09-10-2003, 08:51 PM
Nathan
Administrator

I know you've been around these parts for quite some time... back before RCU too if I recall correctly, yes? Much of what you're suggesting can be easily remedied and made into custom features for the members if that's what they want, but will require a little time on our part to evaluate and get done. Hopefully we can let some of this settle in a little before making too many changes. I'm sure you know RCU has always been an ever changing entity, constantly striving to improve and I don't see that stopping now.

What I like about the auctions/classifieds is the fact that the information can be broken down so nicely so you can find exactly what you want. Not only that I also love that I can make my browsing take me to a more generic portion (arfs for example) of the marketplace so I can browse categories (kits, warbirds, etc.) as I like to do. I also like that I can ask questions in a forum style format as I used to be able to do. I'm not sure how we ever got along without it.

The classified/auction commercial vendor regular member filter concept was just conceived with help from many of the members suggestions. It may take a few days or a couple weeks to implement.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Tiger
My Feedback: (7)

What I like about the auctions/classifieds is the fact that the information can be broken down so nicely so you can find exactly what you want. Not only that I also love that I can make my browsing take me to a more generic portion (arfs for example) of the marketplace so I can browse categories (kits, warbirds, etc.) as I like to do.
What I don't like is that I have to take the time and trouble to go look to see whats new in the classified section. Sometimes I'm not really looking for something in particular, but before, using the old RCU, it would show on my search for lattest postings and my interest would be caught for the deal that I could'nt pass on. Now those are gone because I'm not going to go through each and every classified listing to see what's new. That would take me way too long.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:00 PM
The_Matrix

Maybe RCU classifieds will work alot better if they will accept something other than credit cards, such as PayPal or simular service.

" Forget about Thrust, Incidence, Deflection, Lift and all that Crap. Airplanes Fly because of Money"
Old 09-10-2003, 10:06 PM
Bill Rademacher
My Feedback: (77)

Default I knew it wouldn't last for long

I knew RCU wouldn't last for long. I don't want a new can opener that rubs my feet and washes my car. I just wanted it to open a can.....

As a web developer, I can tell you that putting 20 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound bag is not the task. The task is to stay focused, fast and simple. Why did people come over to RCU in the first place? Have you forgotten? All that selling of the public about speed, simplicity, response...? Man, you guys missed the mark. What a cumbersome piece of overhead....

It doesn't mean you are bad folks , just means you fell into the technology and $$$ trap. Just because I can do it, doesn't mean I should do it.....

Like so many other endeavors, you hooked folks with a freebee in order to nail them with a cost structure later. Are you Bank of America?

Bill Rademacher
Old 09-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Nathan
Administrator

This will be coming as well.

ORIGINAL: The_Matrix

Maybe RCU classifieds will work alot better if they will accept something other than credit cards, such as PayPal or simular service.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:16 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

We keep hearing "this will be coming", we were also told that when the new site came on-line "it would already be here."

Looks like Bill Nailed it on the head with his description.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Nathan
Administrator

One step at a time.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:38 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Since RCU has been a great forum for alot of things...including the buying/selling area....I have asked myself....how are young people who are not old enough to have a credit card going to buy and sell as they did before on the old RCU site?

CMO
Old 09-10-2003, 10:40 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Parents as they have to do on other similar type auctions.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:34 AM
Tiger

Since RCU has been a great forum for alot of things...including the buying/selling area....I have asked myself....how are young people who are not old enough to have a credit card going to buy and sell as they did before on the old RCU site?
How many people feel comfortable giving there credit card out on-line?!! How many people do not wish to have a credit card?!! How many people should we shun from this great hobby because they are to young to have a credit card?!! How many people should we kick out of the sport just because they can't have a credit card?!!
Old 09-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Tiger

Parents as they have to do on other similar type auctions.
This does not even deserve a comment!!
Old 09-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Nathan
Administrator

How do they buy from Tower? How do they buy from H9? How do they buy at eBay? This really isn't a new concept, but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:51 AM
Tiger

Maybe they buy from their LHS and maybe they buy using money orders! This really is'nt an old concept either!
Old 09-11-2003, 10:55 AM
Nathan
Administrator

Thank you for your suggestions.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:32 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Something to keep in mind.....

It is a FEDERAL OFFENSE to bid on something and then not pay for it or to bid on something only to BRING UP THE COST. The use of a credit card PROTECTS RCU from kids that might have these intentions as well as THEIR PARENTS!!!!

this is not to say that this is the only intentions for the use of credit cards here