Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

KEEP RCU FREE

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

KEEP RCU FREE

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 10:04 AM
Tiger
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KEEP RCU FREE

What were you doing before the change? Wellfare?
Old 09-11-2003, 10:47 AM
Old Sourdough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a new user of RCU, having come in via RCOnline to ?????? to RCAirport to here. So far, I like what I see here, although with my 56kbps modem, the pages do take a bit longer to load. I do not know what changes have been made to this site, but that's not my reason for this reply. I do understand the need for the owner(s) to feed, clothe, shelter and educate his (their) loved ones. It might also be nice if he were able to have enough extra to hire someone to replace himself as the HMIC and all that entails to allow him to begin once again to enjoy the hobby that lead him to the endeavor in the first place.

I find no challenge at all in paying a small fee (When was the last time your real estate agent didn't charge you a commission for selling your property?) should I want to sell an item here. I think that is more than fair.

Yumpin' Yimminy, guys, how much does that garage-yard-moving-estate sale ad you put in your local newspaper cost you? Probably at least as much as the yearly fee for unlimited sales that is suggested here. That $20.00 yearly fee might not work out well economically for selling one $25.00 engine or whatever, but if a guy has quite a few items to move, it doesn't sound like much amortized over all the items sold. Maybe the better idea would be to charge a flat percentage for every item sold as a result of an ad placed here. On second thought, that probably isn't a good idea, either. Think of the administrative/book keeping nightmare that would create!

Again, since I have not used RCUniverse previously, I may not know what I'm missing by not becoming a subscriber, but I guess I'll just stay Fat, Dumb and Happy and just proceed with my purposes here.

Sincerely,

Paul
Old 09-11-2003, 10:48 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's time we let this one sit. Thanks.