Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

New Message Markers -- In cookies?

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

New Message Markers -- In cookies?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 11:28 AM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Message Markers -- In cookies?

Has anyone addressed the two computer RCU user issue of keeping track of read messages?

I saw a post somewhere before asking this but can't seem to find it with the search feature.

Are the new post markers tracked in cookies (and therefore local to any machine I may use to access RCU?) If so, can this be changed?

Also, Why is it "not recommended" to log off? When are new post markers reset?

In general, I like what I see here. However, the old RCU enabled me to easily keep track of threads of discussion. I can't do that anymore the way I did previously on two different machines and browsers (AOL at home, dialup, netscape at work -- fast).

If you've already fixed this, please let me know. I've given up trying to use two machines
Old 09-25-2003, 02:19 AM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: New Message Markers -- In cookies?

RCU Admin had a reply to a thread about the storage of cookies, I can't find it either but I did read it.

They are planing to move the personal settings to server side in the near future, thats what I remember the reply to be.

The question was in response to a member using a computer at work and home, and not being able to stay current with his selected threads and forums.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:12 AM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the info Wornboots.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:39 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes...this code is in progress and will be fixed shortly. this was identified early on and the programmers are coding this to be server side instead of cookie based which will totally solve this annoying problem. thank you for your patience. I anticipate the code will be up in a week or two along w/many enhancements, features and fixes.