Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

I am a New & in much need of some friendly in Nitro offroad RC department

Old 04-03-2014, 06:55 PM
AndyOasisPool

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default I am a New & in much need of some friendly in Nitro offroad RC department

When I was a kid till now I have always loved RC toys. The best I had was a Monster beetle! I also had rc10 truck and an Rc Raider. (I built them) What I ALWAYS wanted was a Gaspowered RC. Now that I am 35 & kind of bummed that my kids don't lov'em as much as I did I wanna buy myself a new toy.

I have been looking at Nitro trucks/truggies/buggies for days online, trying to research to decide exactly what i want to get and it's become overwhelming. So I figured I would ask you guys for some advice Seeing how I kind of have a few things in mind.

1. I can go up to $600 Total for everything needed. If I can shave $200-$300 and still have a blast please show me the way, I do not want to go over though.

2. What i am looking for is a Nitro/gas powered 1/8 or 1/10scale. Searched more 1/8 but just want the best toy.
a. I would like a truck or truggie unless there is a better package to be had with a buggie
b. I want something Off Road that can jump, handles decent, prefer 4wd but don't know if that is a must.
c. I want something fast durable, and can hold its own if I were to go racing.
(there is a dirt RC race track not far that I have been to a few times, some really fast toys I have seen...There is usually a small number of people there & I would love to show up there and Stomp some RC ass)

3. Something upgradeable would be nice option...

4.Something set up would be nice but not a must...I don't know much so would need to know what all to get...

After your done giving me a hard time for being the new guy on the block, If you guys could throw up some suggestions and information I would be very grateful. am excited to get this started so I look forward to your response!
THANK YOU!!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 02:05 AM
rcjunky67

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What up Newb? As with all matters RC , there just is no substitute for experience . You should go to the track of which you speak and talk to the folks that are running what you want to get into. Personally, I'm a mechanic by trade, and I drive alot of cars on a daily basis, so I myself have no need to drive RC car's , that's why I fly.

But just like getting into or back into any facet of the hobby, your best off to seek some guidance from the guy's that are playing with the same toy's you want to play with.Care must be taken though my young friend, cause any of these things can be like a bag of potatoe chips, or sex, "Once you pop you can't stop" and before you know you'll have a different toy for every day of the week. Nahtamean?

Search this Thread