Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

classified adds appear as closest to location to viewer

Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

classified adds appear as closest to location to viewer

Old 01-19-2019, 04:12 PM
paco ritter
My Feedback: (51)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default classified adds appear as closest to location to viewer

Is is possible to allow classified adds to appear as closest distance in miles from the person looking at the add? You offer a city ID for the locale of the seller, to offer it in miles from viewer would be a welcomed feature. Seems like this was available in the other format. You could choose from highest/lowest dollar figure, distance from viewer to seller, etc. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:44 AM
paco ritter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

while everyone may be entitled to an opinion, being classified as a wuss, especially one that can't use plain old math, might be a bit far fetched as a comment. My intentions for this post and recommendation is not because I'm unable or unwilling to do math, it is so when I call up "planes" and see 19 pages of adds, I'm an truly not interested in the one in Spokane, WA, Los Angles, CA, Bangor Maine, or Key West, FL even if they are giving away a $3000 plane. What I would have interest in is what is for sale within perhaps 300 miles of my location, or an easy day's drive of where I am located. I have found in most cases, if there is a deal to be had, you add on shipping cost the the deal just went out the window, so I nix the idea of shipping automatically. I am mobile and can retrieve a bought plane within a reasonable distance, but I really don't want to thumb thru 19 pages of for sale adds trying to find a possible buy when they are located somewhere near B.F. Egypt from my location. Now, excuse me while I do my multiplication tables....
Old 01-21-2019, 09:53 AM
IBThomas
Administrator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You can sort by distance. Just scroll down to the bottom of "Search Marketplace" while browsing the listings, and you'll see an option that says "Location", click on it and you'll be able to sort by distance from your zipcode.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:48 PM
paco ritter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks, IBThomas, this is exactly what I was searching for. Appears my former settings were adjusted in the manor in which I had suggested but the new format RCUniverse went to awhile back did away with that setting. I was not aware of how to find it to reset it to what I had in the past. This is what I was wanting to do. Thanks again.