Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

Product Announcements

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

Product Announcements

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 11:33 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Product Announcements

a thought for product announcements. unless I am desperate for info, i do not stray too far from the jets forum. how about letting a mfgr make an announcement in a forum specific to their product, but limited to an announcement only. perhaps set it up as a "field" based post which requires the person making the post to provide the "who what when why and how much" info. The post appears in the forum with a "PA" in front of the topic, so it may be easily identified as a merchant announcement. Set it up so no replies can be made to that post, only replies can me made in the product announcement forum. the original PA post will scroll down after a day or so, but remain in the specific forum. If the search application is used, the information may be retreived. a limit could be set on how many of these could be made based on the different levels of membership. a venue like this may take some of the controversey out of the mod's hands.

thought for food...
Old 08-30-2004, 07:18 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Product Announcements

we are bouncing around this concept in light of some recent events. Before we could do this I would still want to run it by our advertisers to make sure none of them would be unhappy with such a practice plus we would need some rules on it and methods to enforce the rules to avoid abuse. If all these hurdles can be cleared such a thing could be plausible.