Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

Virus's in Videos

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

Virus's in Videos

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 01:27 AM
AmbientSix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virus's in Videos

I searched, but found no way of bringing this problem to the attention of the site staff. I dowloaded two videos: i think the culprit was the "turboprop spitfire" video. As soon as the video finished downloading, my antivirus program (Antivir) found several viruses. Another program also alerted me that ".exe" and 2 other programs were attempting to write themselves into the startup. My keyboard, apparently, had had all the keys remapped ass well. It took me several restarts in safe-mode and a lot of deleting to fix the stupid thing, and now my task manager and anything in the system tray will still not function all the time. Now I'm going to have to reformat my pc again! Remind these ....people...if you could call them that, that distributing virus's is illegal! COULD SOMEONE PLEASE SCAN THE VIDEOS FOR VIRUS's BEFORE POSTING THEM FOR DOWNLOADING!

Sorry if I sound angry but this is just plain stupidity. I hate F*&$Y&*@#(*! hackers.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:30 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Virus's in Videos

There is no way for us to do a virus scan on video's posted as they are not uploaded onto RCUniverse. I just finished downloading, scanning and playing the Spitfire video, and it's clean. More than likely your system was already infected and, by coincidence, the virus activated just as the download of the video completed.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:26 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Virus's in Videos

RCU videos in our magazine are all clean. we build and upload them. the ones in the forums are NOT hosted here and anything is possible remember so just leave your virus scanner on to catch these. also make sure the file being downloaded is a .wmv or other video format and not a .exe file