Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

what is re-sale value?

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

what is re-sale value?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 12:33 AM
RobinsonFam1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is re-sale value?

is there a web site or some company that one can go to to find out the resale of some particular items that are discontinued?
im trying to sell some things and am afraid of what to ask whether it be too high or too low and the companies that made these items originally now make a "cousin" of the previous. So as you can see im totally lost here!

[email protected]
Old 01-14-2003, 01:05 AM
FHHuber
Banned

They are worth what you can get...

You can peruse E-Bay looking for the same items. Lots of discontinued stuff shows up. Its a fair indicator of what you can sell stuff for.

Generally, unless its become collectable, good useable stuff goes for 50% to 75% of new, equivilent performance item, price. There are some cases where the stuff will sell for a LOT less, or collectabes can go for many times what an equivilent new item would bring.

Without a list of the stuff you want to sell... thats the best I (or aout anyone) can do.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:44 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do a search here at RCU for the item...past sales might give you some idea too. I usually leave about 4 months of history on here for only that purpose
Old 01-17-2003, 12:18 AM
RobinsonFam1

hey thanks guys..i appreciate the help..maybe we should all get together and compile an NADA for rc's like real cars! i think ill let someone else head up that project tho!