Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

Remove Persons Post Count

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

Remove Persons Post Count

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Longhair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove Persons Post Count

It seems that people are confusing Quantity with Quality when it comes to the post count.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:32 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Remove Persons Post Count

I use the joined date and the post count to know how to answer someone's question if I know it.

Many times the specifics aren't clear in the question and rather than giving an "if/then" answer , I'll go to the search posts to get the details of their vehicle,battery,charger, ect.

Are you proposing to simply remove the post count?
I've also given a "welcome" to many whith a low post count and may or may not go to the "search posts" for an idea of thier status.

If the name is unfamiliar then a 3946 post count gives some credibility to what you say, right?

I'd prefer to leave it , but possibly make it an option for user to display own post count or not AND for user to display other's post count or not. Sounds like a lot of work. If it was completely removed it sure wouldn't be a big deal imop. It is only 1 click away by clicking on the name.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:45 AM
oldvet70
My Feedback: (10)

I have to agree that in many cases a high post count merely is a sign of someone who has nothing else to do but post. I don't think it serves a purpose other than as Longhair says, to confuse quantity with quality.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:34 AM
oceansfiftyseven

High post count is meaningless. Much like most posts are meaningless. Spend enough time here and you see the same people saying the same worthless or incorrect advice over and over again. RCU is an excellent resource for information. Just because someone post's it does not make it true or useful. Overall I have found RCU to be a much more freindly and informative site than some others and I appreciate it very much. But just because someone sits at there computer all day typing instead of building or flying does not mean they are any more knowledgable or experienced as the guy who just signed up. You don't get membership with RCU when you start the hobby. Blah, blah, blah, sorry for rambling. Rich
Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 PM
MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: oldvet70

I have to agree that in many cases a high post count merely is a sign of someone who has nothing else to do but post. I don't think it serves a purpose other than as Longhair says, to confuse quantity with quality.
You're just saying that cause you've only got 180 posts...

Anyway, Most people that have high post counts (like me ) have something to say on every subject. Anytime anyone posts a question, I answer it. When there's a discussion, I put in my 2 cents. When somebody clueless they will post question and I will post answers for maybe 15 posts in a row...

Another way people get there post counts up, like lets say, LunchBoxer, spend all thier time in the Off-Topic forum. He posts at work and makes an estimated 50 posts a day. Hes made up 30,000+ posts in the lounge...