RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/suggestions-47/)
-   -   Split the 3D, aerobatics forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/suggestions-47/396677-split-3d-aerobatics-forum.html)

niche 12-03-2002 08:52 PM

Split the 3D, aerobatics forum

Hello
I just wanted to suggest to split this forum into two.
There are way too many 3D related threads and it gets really hard to find anyone talking about patterns, F3A, IMAC etc.
It looks like the only thing we should aim to is 3D and I personally think there are other interesting categories.
That's why I suggest to the moderator to split this forum, so you can really sharpen the search for the kind of aerobatics of your likings.
Regards
Omar

robert 12-03-2002 09:04 PM

I second the motion.

MHester 12-03-2002 09:46 PM

I'll third it. =P

-Mike

robert 12-03-2002 09:51 PM

Pattern and AA on their own, and then MACI/large scale 3D, and then 3D.

Texas 3D 12-03-2002 10:41 PM

Definitely a YES !

knoen 12-03-2002 10:48 PM

I agree...
Split the forum!!!

YNOT 12-03-2002 11:20 PM

Split

Sub-Catagories under Aerobatics:

Pattern
IMAC
3D
Artistic

KeithB 12-03-2002 11:57 PM

I think four categories is too many, on the other hand I see the reason for separation.

You could have:
Precision Aerobatics (IMAC and Pattern), and
Freestyle/3D (IMAC freestyle and AA).

If the discussions revolved around flying techniques such as how to use rudder to keep your lines straight, trimming techniques, etc. then this breakdown would make sense. However the reality is that people end up talking about specific planes, like is the Extra or Edge better. Or are the PLProd or ZNLine pattern planes better. Fact is that the pattern guys don't want to see all those posts about the H9 Edge and the IMAC guys don't want to read about the Smaragd. However, both could benefit from discussions on trimming and using rudder. Therein is the snag.

Do we break the IMAC and Pattern forums to filter out all the stuff about planes that we don't care about and loose the benefit of crossover topics or do we keep them together and just skip the threads about planes that don't interest our particular bent?

I'm definilty for separating out the 3D stuff, and ideally I'd like to be able to read about only IMAC planes or only Pattern planes, but honestly I'm not sure I want to give-up possible crossover topics.

Finally, I definitely wouldn't split AA out as a separate topic because there will be virtually no posts in it. If we were to take YNOT's approach I would just do three categories:

Pattern / Artistic
IMAC
3D

My thoughts,
Keith

Flyfalcons 12-04-2002 12:42 AM

Yes, something like Precision and 3D/Freestyle. I'm tired of wading through all of the "what's a good 3D plane for XXX engine" posts to find some good IMAC discussions.

Warrior523 12-04-2002 12:52 AM

Please include my vote for a split. 3D should never have been included with any kind of precision flying postings.

Dan

KeithB 12-04-2002 12:55 AM

Ryan, unfortunately many people think IMAC means 3D and would be perplexed to see two categories :confused: .

I'd bet if there were an IMAC forum it would still end up with a lot of 3D posts :D.

Keith

Flyfalcons 12-04-2002 12:59 AM

Unfortunately I think you're right Keith. If one of the forums was labeled Precision then maybe there would be some good discussions on the real side of IMAC - precision flying. Don't call it IMAC because I'm sure it would soon be littered with 3D stuff.

Chris 540 12-04-2002 02:33 AM

I agree...split them.

santiagotor 12-04-2002 12:41 PM

I Agree

Great thinking Omar... I agree

Santiago

Ryan Smith 12-04-2002 01:55 PM

I agree too...

robert 12-04-2002 09:36 PM

I agree with Keith, if IMAC and pattern go together, there will still be alot of 3D posts there.

Pattern/AA.
IMAC,
and 3D.

SwampFlier-RCU 12-06-2002 04:35 PM

Split it and I don't agree that there wil be confussion because the label should be self evident
3D/Artistic/Freestyle
PAttern/IMAC
or maybe just reverse the order as I did and put the 3D in bold up front for those that don't bother to read closely :)
Regards,
Patrick