Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

engine heat range

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 10:04 AM
DaveFri
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine heat range

Would anyone know the aprox heat range on a ST S-90K? My fuel lines are touching the engine and are either getting hot and melting a bit or just getting chaffed or both.Either way it is putting a gouge in my lines.The way the lines come out of the firewall there is not much other places for the tubing to go and it is rubbing the engine.I wanted to put something over the tubing where it touched the engine to keep this from happening. Have some Tech Flex but the heat limitis 255 degrees.Does the engine getter that hot?
Any ideas of what i could use to sheath the fuel line where it hits the engine?

Dave
Old 12-22-2012, 09:02 AM
DaveFri
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine heat range

Old 01-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: engine heat range

We've had well-running glow engines that topped 375 degrees F at the cylinder head where it joins the case. This was measured with a contact probe at the rear, where the air stagnates. A well-running engine will get hot enough to cause severe burns if touched. The muffler especially so.

Basically, though, just ignore temperature. Don't let anything touch the engine or muffler, except fuel lines attaching at the appropriate nipples. Use silicon surgical tubing for the fuel lines and muffler pressure line and you'll be OK. Other types of plastic or rubber tubing won't be as good.