Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

ST 3000

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 08:12 PM
Big Oakden
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ST 3000

I need some help here guys.....

I purchased a Nosen P-51 set up for a ST-3000. The plane is about 22lbs now, and isn't even covered.
Soooooooooo, off with the ST3000 as I fear it will not have enough power to pull the plane around the sky without fear of falling out of the sky.

The motor is NEW in the Box, never run, and has been sitting around for about 5 years.

I am getting a Balsa Nova 120 that I am debating about putting this motor on. and my questions are as follows:

How much fuel do these guzzle? say about 1/2 throttle? (I'm not insane enough to run a BN120 at full throttle)

secondly how are these after conversion to gasoline?

is it worth the conversion?

how much HP is lost in the conversion?

what about mufflers? (mine does not have one)

can a converted ST3000 use a Pitts style muffler?

I could use some "expert" help here.

Thanks again for any help you can offer.

Dave Ogden
Glendale, AZ
Old 09-22-2003, 10:14 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: ST 3000

We've seen this question posted in multiple forums, where many good answers have been given, so we won't answer it here. Please be advised that posting the same question in multiple forums is not considered good form, and is basically against RCU rules.