Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Is Super Tigre Dead?

Is Super Tigre Dead? Ive noticed that they arent producing engines or parts in 4 years, which seems to coincide with the Passing of a Legend Mr Jaures Garofali. Founder and chief designer. Does anyone know whats in the works for Super Tigre? My favorite engine since I started flying C/L in 1966.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The production difficulties have had nothing to do with Mr. Garofali. They have everything to do with the manufacturing plant in China. We've been told that it should not be too long until engines and parts start becoming available again. A few engines and parts are still available. More to come.
    Bill Baxter, Manager Hobby Services/Futaba Service/North America
    3002 N. Apollo Dr. Ste. 1 Champaign, IL 61822 USA
    Service Phone: 217 398-0007
    Email: hobbyservices@hobbico.com

Hi Bax thanks for the info. Ive got alot of Tigres and am hoping they will keep making parts for them. Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have an old Italian ST 60/61 that needs a new R/C carburetor. Do they still make them? Where can I get one reasonably? It was a screamer and I would like to get it back there again. Will a new ST carb work on it? Thanks.
    Steve Westphal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    A carb for the old SuperTigre ST .61 would only be available through the used parts market. There is nothing current that we know of that would fit. You'd have to do a search through the different internet selling sites and RC forums to find what you're looking for.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Bill any update on this? Please note that there is a similar discussion on the glow engine forum. Seems the only engines sold now are OS, TT, and Saito? Fox, Webra, K&B, many others now defunct, though I think Fox says they may produce engines when they complete some current contracts. TT, ST, and Fox OS is good but do not seem to last as long.
    Glow Head Brotherhood #15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by tshirtmeister View Post
    Is Super Tigre Dead? Ive noticed that they arent producing engines or parts in 4 years, which seems to coincide with the Passing of a Legend Mr Jaures Garofali. Founder and chief designer. Does anyone know whats in the works for Super Tigre? My favorite engine since I started flying C/L in 1966.
    Contact Great Planes, ie Tower, Hobico, etc. Great Planes bought out Super Tigre, I forget just when, some 15 years ago, first the import rights then the whole company.
    It was not long before GP bought out the entire company and sent it to China.
    Horrace Cain AMA L-93

Peace is the brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.\" T. Jefferson

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Actually, no "smoke". SuperTigre is one of our many brands, and interest has not been lost. There have been a number of difficulties with the production facilities. The only information we have is that things are being worked out. The brand is not being dropped. Unfortunately, it's been several years since we've had new production of a number of items. The last batch of airplane engines was received about fourteen months ago.