Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

Is Super Tigre Dead?

Old 01-27-2014, 04:04 PM
tshirtmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Super Tigre Dead?

Is Super Tigre Dead? Ive noticed that they arent producing engines or parts in 4 years, which seems to coincide with the Passing of a Legend Mr Jaures Garofali. Founder and chief designer. Does anyone know whats in the works for Super Tigre? My favorite engine since I started flying C/L in 1966.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:20 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The production difficulties have had nothing to do with Mr. Garofali. They have everything to do with the manufacturing plant in China. We've been told that it should not be too long until engines and parts start becoming available again. A few engines and parts are still available. More to come.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:07 PM
tshirtmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bax thanks for the info. Ive got alot of Tigres and am hoping they will keep making parts for them. Thanks
Old 07-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an old Italian ST 60/61 that needs a new R/C carburetor. Do they still make them? Where can I get one reasonably? It was a screamer and I would like to get it back there again. Will a new ST carb work on it? Thanks.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Bax

A carb for the old SuperTigre ST .61 would only be available through the used parts market. There is nothing current that we know of that would fit. You'd have to do a search through the different internet selling sites and RC forums to find what you're looking for.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill any update on this? Please note that there is a similar discussion on the glow engine forum. Seems the only engines sold now are OS, TT, and Saito? Fox, Webra, K&B, many others now defunct, though I think Fox says they may produce engines when they complete some current contracts. TT, ST, and Fox OS is good but do not seem to last as long.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:52 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tshirtmeister
Is Super Tigre Dead? Ive noticed that they arent producing engines or parts in 4 years, which seems to coincide with the Passing of a Legend Mr Jaures Garofali. Founder and chief designer. Does anyone know whats in the works for Super Tigre? My favorite engine since I started flying C/L in 1966.
Contact Great Planes, ie Tower, Hobico, etc. Great Planes bought out Super Tigre, I forget just when, some 15 years ago, first the import rights then the whole company.
It was not long before GP bought out the entire company and sent it to China.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:08 AM
Bax

Actually, no "smoke". SuperTigre is one of our many brands, and interest has not been lost. There have been a number of difficulties with the production facilities. The only information we have is that things are being worked out. The brand is not being dropped. Unfortunately, it's been several years since we've had new production of a number of items. The last batch of airplane engines was received about fourteen months ago.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:09 AM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribing to thread and keeping my fingers crossed.

My friend and I was talking about Super Tigre last night and came across this thread this morning.

Anybody have any new news in the last three months?
Old 12-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Bax

No new news at this time.