Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

Super TIgre G90 has problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 11:26 AM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super TIgre G90 has problems!!!

Hey people at ST I have a g90 that is about 7 months old, I have it on a little extra 300 with a 14x6 master airscrew prop, I was flying the other day and took off and it was running excellent at full throttle when all of a sudden it just shut off, I landed it then cranked it back up and took off again ,,, ran fine then shut off all of a sudden, I came in and it wouldnot start, the next weekend I replaced all fuel lines and, new fuel, new plug, etc. I tried to start it wanted to keep back firing and running backwards then it will run like a top idle-full throttle( if you can get it too run the right way) when you have the heat on the glow plug as soon as you take the heat off it shuts off, so I riched up the low end, it will idle(gets real rough as soon as you take the heat off) but as soon as you try to give it the gas it shuts off(keep in mind I put three new glow plugs in it to just make sure), I have tried to adjust high end needle both way and low end etc, I have tried everthing cleaned carb etc, the whole nine yards, I am just wondering if it is a internal problem, let me know thanks..
Old 03-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Super TIgre G90 has problems!!!

One thing you didn't mention is whether you tried a good glow plug. We'd suggest an O.S. #8. Usually, when an engine quits when you remove the glow plug battery, you have a bad plug.

Starting backwards almost always means that it's flooded or too rich.

Sudden cutoffs when running usually mean that something's awry with the fuel system or carb adjustment.

Model two-stroke engines are very simple. there's almost nothing internal that could cause your difficulties unless the engine's had some kind of accident, such as a prior overheat or foreign object ingestion. They could cause a problem with the fit of the piston/ring/liner assembly, which could cause the engine to cut off once it's warmed up. Wouldn't cause the backfiring or backward starting, though.

To solve any difficulties, we'd need to see the engine.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:49 AM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bax appreciatte the quick response, I have tried all good glow plugs, not a #8 os. but sig,fox, all work though, I have tried to adjust everything, I would like however to send it in for repair(it should be under warranty correct)! Please tell me the address and whole nine yards on what how I need to send it in for repair... thankx
Old 03-30-2004, 11:12 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's how to send an item for service:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/How_...1154077/tm.htm