Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

Super Tigre 90 Made in China

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Ralphbf
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Tigre 90 Made in China

Hello Bax

I started up my new made in China Super Tigre 90 a couple of days ago to break it in.
After 2 1/2 hours I mounted it on my 1/5 scale clipped wing cub, took it out to the field to try it out.

I wanted to say that this engine runs perfect. Other members commented on how well it idled.
Transition is good and should get better. With a 13x6 prop it will take off at about 1/3 throttle.

I have heard " Get the Italian models, " but this is one of the sweetest engines I've ever seen.

Thanks for your support on some of my past projects.
None needed on this one.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:06 PM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: Super Tigre 90 Made in China

It doesn't completely match the thread title, but I'd like to add a similar comment. I was somewhat leary of the "Chinese" Super Tiger's, but the prices are just to good to ignore. I'm happy to say that I just bought my third "Chinese" Super Tiger. I've been running a GS-40 in my Goldberg Tiger 2 since January. I've also been running a G-51 in a Air Boat for several months. Both have performed flawlessly from day one.

I just bought another G-51 for my son's Katana Profile. We'll see how it goes, but so far my experiece with these new Super Tiger's has been great!
Old 07-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We're glad to hear of your success. The aim was to never change the quality, but to maintain it. We've also worked to improve what deficencies there may have been on some of the engines.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:46 PM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

I would have to echo what Ralphbf said in his post. I had a 91FX on a UCD and it was nothing short of a nightmare. I did everything but get on my knees and pray to it. Nothing worked. I then found a ST 90 in RCU and made the purchase. I must admit after all the trouble with the FX, I had my doubts if anything would work on this plane. I inspected the ST and found that it had been made in China. The overall appearance and function seemed good. I mounted the engine to the UCD and with my "break in" instructions firmly committed to memory decided to see if it would start. To my absolute amazement, it fired right up. After running a very rich tank through it, I started the "break in procedure. At about mid tank on Tank #2 it was developing a very nice and consistent idle, actually it dazzled the living daylights out of me. The transition from idle to full throttle had no hesitation. I kept up with the "pinch tests" and things just got better and better. I've only run four tanks of fuel through it and at this point I would not be afraid to let the UCD take wing with this engine. Tomorrow night at the field, I'll run one more tank through it and then fly. This engine is one of the best engines I've ever had to break in and I'm going to give Super Tigre a VERY hard look when I make my next engine purchase!
Old 01-15-2006, 04:59 PM
watchmego4it
My Feedback: (144)

I need a quick help me howard if possible. You said that it worked well on the 1/5th scale. What type fuel and how much nitro/lube are you using. I'm having a little trouble with 15% cool power. Thanks in advance Mr. Bax.