Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

COMO S-90

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:33 PM
rszanti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COMO S-90

I just picked up a COMO S-90, apparently brand new. I know SuperTigre built these, possibly as a special for World Engines. I hope to use it in an old 60" Bipe (1080 sq.in.wing area) that has around a 10lb AUW. To fit in the cowl, the engine needs to be mounted inverted. This puts the throttle arm on the opposite side from the servo pushrod. All leading me to a few questions -

Does this engine sound like it should handle this size Bipe OK ?

Does anyone have any experience with these, especially how well do they operate inverted ? And what fuel do they like ?

Can the carb be rotated 180degrees to place the needle and throttle arm on the other side without creating running problems ?

And are there any funny things I should be aware of ?

Hoping for some help !

Richard
Old 02-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: COMO S-90

Your Como engine should run just like any other engine. Inverted running can pose some difficulties because the glow plug becomes the lowest point in the fuel system and can be flooded-out at low throttle settings. This is common to ANY glow engine. You need to make sure the engine is running well upright with the carb properly-set before you invert the engine. You may find that you have few difficulties, or you may find you have several. An on-board glow plug battery that comes on at low-to-mid throttle and is on at idle will eliminate most inverted-running difficulties.

Rotating the carb 180 degrees won't affect how the engine runs, but the needle will be on the exhaust side, and access may become problematic.

For answers from general users, please post in the general Glow forum. This is not a discussion forum.