Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

Muffler tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 08:00 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Muffler tuning

Have run Super tigres for many years and always wondered what effect, adjusting the muffler distance from the motor has. It must have some effect on tuning. I am looking for more torque out of a ringed .40. Running a 11X4 APC on 15% Nitro and spins up smooth and settles off a bit when going vertical but keeps pulling all the way. Richening the HS doesn't diminish the slight RPM drop at MAX throttle. Normal prop loading with one of this size? Run an 11X3 APC help? Thanks
Old 11-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Muffler tuning

There isn't a way in "increase torque" on a model engine. The timing is fixed. Changing the muffler won't help much. You can tune the system with a tuned exhaust system, but that will help total power output at a specific RPM. If you get a drop in RPM, then you have too much propeller for the particular use. You may try going to a 10-inch prop with a 4 or 5 diameter and see how they work.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:43 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Muffler tuning

Thanks Bax. Been running the 11X4 Prop for awhile and it pulls alot better than the 10X6 I had on it. Any down side to running an 11Inch other than the RPM drop at the top? Hurting the motor any? Plan on trying an 11X3 on it as well.