Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

Old ST 60 assembly

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 AM
hueyman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old ST 60 assembly

Engine is an ST 60 Italian made circa 1970's. took it apart some time ago to inspect and replace parts and forgot some details. The head has a tapered squish chamber with a slot at the deepest part of the chamber. There is an offset tab machined across the top of the piston that mates into the slot of the squish chamber. I thought I remember the piston assembled in the engine with the offset tab closer to the exhaust port. Is this correct or should the offset tab and head slot be closest to the transfer port?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12778.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1225010  
Old 06-26-2009, 07:57 PM
hueyman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old ST 60 assembly

please disregard, i assembled as instructed on another forum and had problems tuning. Found out the assembly was correct but I didn't have the spray bar in the carb aligned properly...running good now.