Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 275 of 371 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 9253

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Gothic

Hello Everyone. I'm still hanging around checking you guy out. I still haven't maiden my heli yet.
    I'm a bit too lazy to search back through this thread to find the on board micro camera you guys are using. Can someone give me a link to the best key camera? I know at some point is saw that there were some models that were better then the others.

Thanks
    G.
    I think most people use the #11 cam. Here are some links.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/808HD-11-HD-...item2564420a4a

Following sellers are guaranteed to sell the REAL camera (there are alot of fake ones):
    hxelepro360 eletoponline365 digitalele889 beetleonline kdataonline999 Digitaleletech168

power-gps internet-shop365 powerdigital898 eletech086 cuspdigitalele666 Accesseletech2010

For more information about the 808 HD #11 keychain cam:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1362692
    http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

Hey Thanks for the links Ingleburn. Who knew a it could be so confusing with all the fakes ? Glad I asked the question.

G.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Everyone. I'm still hanging around checking you guy out. I still haven't maiden my heli yet.
    I'm a bit too lazy to search back through this thread to find the on board micro camera you guys are using. Can someone give me a link to the best key camera? I know at some point is saw that there were some models that were better then the others.

Thanks
    G.
    I think most people use the #11 cam. Here are some links.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/808HD-11-HD-...item2564420a4a

Following sellers are guaranteed to sell the REAL camera (there are alot of fake ones):
    hxelepro360 eletoponline365 digitalele889 beetleonline kdataonline999 Digitaleletech168

power-gps internet-shop365 powerdigital898 eletech086 cuspdigitalele666 Accesseletech2010

For more information about the 808 HD #11 keychain cam:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1362692
    http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

Hey Thanks for the links Ingleburn. Who knew a it could be so confusing with all the fakes ? Glad I asked the question.

G.
    Yeah and Ive got a couple of fakes to proove it. If something seems to good to be true, it usually is.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys,

Bit of an update from my last crash on Friday. Was flying the last pack late afternoon (too late as it turns out), lost orientation and crash it. This rebuild hasn't been as straight forward as the last 2. Had it all back up and running for Saturday morning. Complete new tail, blades, both shafts in the head, blade grips plus a few other bits.

Went to fly saturday morning and there is a vibration through the head that only comes in just as you take off then the gyro gets all confused and the tail goes mad. Back to the workbench.

Put a complete new head on it off the other GT kit I bought and it still had the same problem. Replaced the main gear/autorotation gear same problem.

Ok, so the only other thing that's left that moves is the two bearings in the upper and lower bearing block for the main shaft. Replaced both of these (blocks and bearings swapped) and put the original head back on. Vibration gone. So it looks like a bearing has bent or the block is bent.

Forgot to disconnect one of the servoes (HXT900's) when I pulled the head up at one stage and striped a servo. No problems, got a spare one of those. Went to test for the vibration for the last time and the tail serveo has failed. It's dead. Luckly it happened on the ground. It's a goteck ds9257 from hobbyking. Won't be buying one of those again. Lasted about 45 flights.

So now i'm grounded untill I can get a decent tail servo. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Cheers
    Jonesy
    Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For the tail of a 450 I've never had a probllem with an Align DS420, very fast and reliable.

Here is a link to a store in QLD - buy now you will have it tomorrow.

http://www.zeejayhobbies.com.au/serv...prod_2028.html

Regards, Phil.
    I permanently need just one more Plane.....I think's it's a mild obsession!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Flying Fiz

For the tail of a 450 I've never had a probllem with an Align DS420, very fast and reliable.
    Regards, Phil.
    Thanks Phil, incidently I was just looking at that servo on that site about 5 minutes ago.

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Hi Guys,

Bit of an update from my last crash on Friday. Was flying the last pack late afternoon (too late as it turns out), lost orientation and crash it. This rebuild hasn't been as straight forward as the last 2. Had it all back up and running for Saturday morning. Complete new tail, blades, both shafts in the head, blade grips plus a few other bits.

Went to fly saturday morning and there is a vibration through the head that only comes in just as you take off then the gyro gets all confused and the tail goes mad. Back to the workbench.

Put a complete new head on it off the other GT kit I bought and it still had the same problem. Replaced the main gear/autorotation gear same problem.

Ok, so the only other thing that's left that moves is the two bearings in the upper and lower bearing block for the main shaft. Replaced both of these (blocks and bearings swapped) and put the original head back on. Vibration gone. So it looks like a bearing has bent or the block is bent.

Forgot to disconnect one of the servoes (HXT900's) when I pulled the head up at one stage and striped a servo. No problems, got a spare one of those. Went to test for the vibration for the last time and the tail serveo has failed. It's dead. Luckly it happened on the ground. It's a goteck ds9257 from hobbyking. Won't be buying one of those again. Lasted about 45 flights.

So now i'm grounded untill I can get a decent tail servo. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Cheers
    Jonesy
    Sorry to hear mate. But luckily the servo failed on the ground and not in the air. Hope your flying again soon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Regards, Phil.
    Thanks Phil, incidently I was just looking at that servo on that site about 5 minutes ago.

I can vouch for their service. Ordered my sim and some parts for the pro from them and like Phil said, they were here the next day.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Goodmorning everyone heres a few more vids. one is a disaster you can't see the other is the aftermath two more are my sr and ten$$ heli
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax21v6WvV9s[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mWtWgQHkdE[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiP4p0q8E-U[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWW69lPbH-Q[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: joizeex

ahamay - trust me, it always happens on the last battery/tank lol

Buz - looking forward to results of OSD and long distance flying!
    Yeah my crash happened on the last minute of my last battery. Maybe ill buy 300 of them then i might be right for a while. Took mine out for its first hover since the rebuild and it flew great. Will go out this afternoon and get a few more packs in. Meanwhile since I have my kids this weekend I took them over the park and put my keychain cam on my youngests rocket. The extra weight of the cam kept the altitude down and the parachute was spinning a fair bit on the way down but check out the video anyway. Oh and the next flight lost the rocket up the biggest tree in the area. Luckily without the cam attached but on the last motor we had. Sound familiar?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEDX1nkXauM[/youtube]

Awesome video... I love model rockets. need to fit some to the Gaui 550...
    ..... frakkin cylons...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hugj

Goodmorning everyone heres a few more vids. one is a disaster you can't see the other is the aftermath two more are my sr and ten$$ heli
    Observations:

Viddy 1 I would not have my "John Thomas" anywhere near that prop![:@] OMG! Is the plane a pile of sticks?? Do you go to the crash site with a garbage bag???????[:'(]

Viddy 2 I am sooooooo gutted for you! Did the NTSB show up??? Is ANYTHING salvageable??? I'm SICK! Somber faces all around. "Impact crater" Ouch!

Viddy 3 (If I haven't been abundantly clear) I HATED my blade SR although I learned A LOT from it! Yah know, the I-Kam may be the HD version of what I'm using??? Hmmmmm

Great flyin'!

Viddy 4 Your hands oughta shake...............the dang thing costs a fortune to crash!!![:@]

Thanx for sharing and I am truly sad about Bryans crash!

b
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7 (soon to be retired) / Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Gemini 600 Catamaran / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / Paradise sail boat /Big Swamp Buggy / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Morning Boyz!

Had a few flights (and the requisite blather)

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_cW8VWp81I[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT5LfdIOtz8[/youtube]
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7 (soon to be retired) / Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Gemini 600 Catamaran / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / Paradise sail boat /Big Swamp Buggy / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What is the highest mah and C rated lipo you are using on your V2 Clones with metal heads ?

Thanks
    G.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What is the highest mah and C rated lipo you are using on your V2 Clones with metal heads ?

Thanks
    G.

Hi again Goth,

Rob turned me onto the Nano-Tech's

I am treating myself to some of these for Christmas!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Thanks
    G.

Hi again Goth,

b

Yes, I was considering them also. I have about 12 lipos, 2200 / 25 and 2200 / 30. Just wanted to see what else would be good to use.
    Guess I'll wait for Rob's input on the Nano.

G.

G.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Thanks
    G.

Hi again Goth,

b

Yes, I was considering them also. I have about 12 lipos, 2200 / 25 and 2200 / 30. Just wanted to see what else would be good to use.
    Guess I'll wait for Rob's input on the Nano.

G.

G.

I should have been more clear.

He uses them and got me using them and it works great!

It tends to keep it's total power range no matter the input!

Great battery and here in the US it's about twice the price of a regular battery but as I tend to task my heli more these days, daddy likes!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys I relized that i did not post the ten$ heli so here it is
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkDrHPmgqlA[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys I relized that i did not post the ten$ heli so here it is
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkDrHPmgqlA[/youtube]

(Dood, you let Bryan fly your heli after "You know what". Quite the friend you are)

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: joizeex

Jeff, have you ever seen these guys around? jersey guido

Brian, i was using INO Lab D202HB. it's a ball bearing, carbon geared 0.10s servo. Now i'm using Turnigy MG90s (metal gears). I ran out of daylight already, so hopefully i'll get a couple of flights in tomorrow and see how it goes. While i'm at it, gonna put a new ESC in for the HBK and hopefully resolve the ESC overheating issue with that heli.

hah! I think I went to high school with those guys, except they were driving IROC's back then

Hobby King HK-450GT w/ tarot zyx fbl, MCP X, 2 Slow Sticks, china clipper, Hk Vampire, HL F-86, .32 Float plane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

*For the tail of a 450 I've never had a probllem with an Align DS420, very fast and reliable.

Regards, Phil.

If you are considering the align servos, take a look at these. I am told that they are made from the same inards as the aligns.

I had them in my trex 450sa flybarless before I sold it, and they were awesome.plus the price is good

jeff
    Hobby King HK-450GT w/ tarot zyx fbl, MCP X, 2 Slow Sticks, china clipper, Hk Vampire, HL F-86, .32 Float plane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry for your loss, Though I must say that your "crater" is non-impressive. My friend had a .40 sized thunderbird go in on some foft ground a few months ago. Lost control midway through a loop at wide open throttle. This thing was also tune piped, so he clames it went 150mph flat and level, and I beleive it. Ayway, you can imagine how fast it would go straight down at W.O.T.! the thing was like a lawn dart! I helped him DIG it out. When we finally found the motor, I had to reach into the mud up to my elbow to retrieve it! Now that's a crater!

It takes a strong will to keep flying these things after losing them like that! I just finally found the wings from my first trainer that I lost nearly 4 months ago! Or better yet, the debris field that used to be them. My wing spar failed, and I lost a wing in flight.

I will give you th same lecture that my friend got after the lawn dart incident though. GET RID OF THE 72mhz!

jeff

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jnail

Sorry for your loss, Though I must say that your ''crater'' is non-impressive. My friend had a .40 sized thunderbird go in on some foft ground a few months ago. Lost control midway through a loop at wide open throttle. This thing was also tune piped, so he clames it went 150mph flat and level, and I beleive it. Ayway, you can imagine how fast it would go straight down at W.O.T.! the thing was like a lawn dart! I helped him DIG it out. When we finally found the motor, I had to reach into the mud up to my elbow to retrieve it! Now that's a crater!

It takes a strong will to keep flying these things after losing them like that! I just finally found the wings from my first trainer that I lost nearly 4 months ago! Or better yet, the debris field that used to be them. My wing spar failed, and I lost a wing in flight.

I will give you th same lecture that my friend got after the lawn dart incident though. GET RID OF THE 72mhz!
    jeff

Ouch....I thought EVERYONE had??/

Am I the only one who has seen this??
    Rob will be testing it soon!

Basically a DX7 (Better than as it has better firm ware) at 29bux plus shipping??

A DX7 with a Rx is 250ish!

Cool stuff!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

*For the tail of a 450 I've never had a probllem with an Align DS420, very fast and reliable.

Regards, Phil.

If you are considering the align servos, take a look at these. I am told that they are made from the same inards as the aligns.

I had them in my trex 450sa flybarless before I sold it, and they were awesome.plus the price is good

jeff
    Jeff,Yes that is the word on the street that the Spektrum and Align are the same servos, however, just about everywhere in Australia or out of Hong Kong the Align servos are cheaper than the Spektrums.Regards, PhilBTW I went up the coast last weekend as my sister in law has a place on this lovely big lake, anyway I took up Trex 250 FBL and a Gaui 550 and demonstrated them to her hubby who is a great bloke. I was flying them out over the lake (first time I have flown over water) and zooming them around this huge unused park they have as their next door neighbour, it was great fun.He now knows what he wants for Christmas, he liked the 450, fast and non life threatening, so he's another poor soul destined for years of addiction

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Make that I took up a Trex FBL 450 and the Gaui 550

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok guys the holidays are getting near and i thaught i will plant a few ideas in the wifies brain. I wold like a 500 class heli i saw on hobby king a gaui 425 super combo for 499.00 looks like a not too bad deal. looking for quality and not  problems also parts avabilty. what does everyone think?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Regards, Phil.

jeff
    Ended up getting the Align DS420 for the tail. That will get me back in the air. I will keep using the cheapie HXT900's for the cyclic untill Ican decide on some MG's. Apart from stripping easily when you crash the HXT900's do a resonably good job overall especially for the price. Perfect for a learner to destroy a few.