Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Hi Hugj,

That is a great deal on a super well engineered heli. You may be able to shave off a few bucks if you get the basic kit in the same heli for the $79 (not the super combo). But that seems to be out of stock everywhere.

It flies so solid and so so stable and depending on your gearing and motor it can have insane headspeeds and power. They are no longer in production, but there are tons of parts still available. It takes most of the parts that the Gaui 550 does, in fact some people stretch it to a 550 with a longer boom and bigger blades. You only get this quality and servo set-up in the Align range when you get to the 600 &700 size helis. The geometry of the cyclic servos gives you absolutely slop free responses, very clean and crisp.

I'm not sure what the Gaui gyro is like as I've never used one, (I stick on the Align GP780) but I'm sure it's fine and is probably made by a well know company.

It would be a no regrets purchase.

You could also think about the Gaui carbon fibre 550, I think that is an even better deal here is a link to a store in Australia wher it is $150.00 and it is mainly built already (90%) and has been well locktited. I have one and I put on a set of Bluebird servos (about $30 each) on the cyclics and they are super fast and strong,  PM me or Rob if you want more details. here is the link.  http://www.wattsuprc.com.au/product_...asp?pid=204006
Old 10-25-2011, 03:40 PM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: hugj

ok guys the holidays are getting near and i thaught i will plant a few ideas in the wifies brain. I wold like a 500 class heli i saw on hobby king a gaui 425 super combo for 499.00 looks like a not too bad deal. looking for quality and not problems also parts avabilty. what does everyone think?

Looks nice (and the Gaui "Fanboys" will attest) but have you considered buying [link=http://www.scaleflying.com/Chaos-500-Size-Ready-To-Fly-Helicopter-Kit_p_1310.html]Chaos[/link] (Clone) in that it is made in America and you can not only readily get parts but you can call them and speak with the owner personally if you have a problem.

You can buy a 600 combo for the price of a Gaui 425 BTW.

Check out RC Gr@ups for the Chaos thread!

b
Old 10-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Flying Fiz

I think the clones are a great intro into the sport, but you can't beat the real thing for reliability and quality and better all round performance, (just my view).

And continuing on Brian's US centric ( which is fine BTW Brian) Chaos theme I would consider this combo;

http://www.scaleflying.com/Chaos-500...it_p_1310.html

And its the real thing!

regards, Phil
Old 10-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Flying Fiz

Hey Brian

Are you saying that Chaos are a clone copy of a name brand?

I thought they were a brand in their own right, they certainly have top quality components in their combos, like Scorpion motors, Castle Creations Ice ESC's etc?  I'd say if they are a copy of a known brand, they would be a very good one, as is Tarot.

Regards, Phil

PS: I'd like to see you with a 600 fishtankin in the front yard!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:37 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Flying Fiz

Hey Brian

Are you saying that Chaos are a clone copy of a name brand?

I thought they were a brand in their own right, they certainly have top quality components in their combos, like Scorpion motors, Castle Creations Ice ESC's etc? I'd say if they are a copy of a known brand, they would be a very good one, as is Tarot.

Regards, Phil

PS: I'd like to see you with a 600 fishtankin in the front yard!!!
Hiya Phil!

Yah, it's a clone and honestly not being US centric (I'm an international tart when it comes to goodies) but moreover just getting a great machine, parts and support in short order and at a decent price.

You are correct kinda "Taroty" if you will!

b

PS I hope you are healing well and yah, a 600 would be nice but I have developed a parts list to upgrade my fleet rather than move up in size!

Old 10-25-2011, 04:50 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

I got my [link=http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001220733]Leaders Hobby GY520[/link] in the mail today and thanks to [link=http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001220733]Robs setup viddy[/link] (seriously, the manual sux) just as the sun set I got it on the bird and ONE test.

Looking forward to test more tomorrow!

Best to all!

b
Old 10-26-2011, 02:39 AM
ingleburn

Hi all, hope the weather is being kinder to you than it is to me. Been raining on and off here for a few days so Ive been grounded. Since I'm still on holidays, well at least till tomorrow, I hooked up my sim to the plasma and decided to get some practice in. The outcome is that I suck big time. The funny thing is that nose in is pretty good but side in is doing my head in. From what I hear most people have trouble with nose in so whats going on with my brain? I think the crash I had last week has scared me off a bit so might get some more sim time in before I venture out again. But after all the recent talk about the mcpx I bit the bullet and ordered 1 as I'm going away for work again next week and I have big areas of indoor space with plenty of carpet to practice in and if this things as bullet proof as you all say it is then maybe that's what I need.Anyway a few quick shout outs:
Phil, hows the healing going?
Jonesy, you back in the air again?
Brian, hows the new gyro going?
Simon, cant wait to see some inverted.
Rob, where the hell are you, the forum is lost without you.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:24 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Observations:

Viddy 1 I would not have my "John Thomas" anywhere near that prop! I am not as near as it looks, besides, it would be a VERY small target. OMG! Is the plane a pile of sticks?? Do you go to the crash site with a garbage bag??????? We generally carry a sheet, the garbage bag comes into play once we get home.

(Dood, you let Bryan fly your heli after "You know what". Quite the friend you are)
You'd be suprised by the reaction most people have to "Can Ifly your airplane? I've crashed all mine!"

b
Bryan

Old 10-26-2011, 03:57 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn
Hi all, hope the weather is being kinder to you than it is to me. Been raining on and off here for a few days so Ive been grounded. Since I'm still on holidays, well at least till tomorrow, I hooked up my sim to the plasma and decided to get some practice in. The outcome is that I suck big time. The funny thing is that nose in is pretty good but side in is doing my head in. From what I hear most people have trouble with nose in so whats going on with my brain? I think the crash I had last week has scared me off a bit so might get some more sim time in before I venture out again. But after all the recent talk about the mcpx I bit the bullet and ordered 1 as I'm going away for work again next week and I have big areas of indoor space with plenty of carpet to practice in and if this things as bullet proof as you all say it is then maybe that's what I need.Anyway a few quick shout outs:
Phil, hows the healing going?
Jonesy, you back in the air again?
Brian, hows the new gyro going?
Simon, cant wait to see some inverted.
Rob, where the hell are you, the forum is lost without you.
OK this drives me nuts...you charge up all your batteries ready to fly the next day then the weather turns to crap for days on end to the point where you have to discharge your batteries back to storage voltage...

Ingleburn, thanks for asking. I've just recieved and installed the Align DS420 rudder servo this afternoon and did a quick spool up untill it was light onthe skids and it seems ok. I think I've fixed the vibration I had since the last rebuild but I havn't flown it yet. I idon't have enough space to hover it in my backyard so I'll take it to the park in the morning.

It is a bit quite without Rob for a few days lol. I do enjoy watching the other vids from Simon and Brian and everyone else. Those fast power loops that simon does.... last time I tried that I ended up with a cool crash video. Hope the weather clears up for you soon.

Jonesy

Old 10-26-2011, 05:02 AM
shawnm67

Hey gang!!!!

Wow......Im so glad to finally be back. I won't go into the ins and outs as to why I havent been around, but I will tell you that my life got flipped upside down and literally put in a blender!!!!!

But Im back and slowly but surely getting back on my feet. So much has happened since I last got to post on here. Im starting over.......
John, my little buddy if yall remember, moved with his dad back east. I don't hear from him too much anymore, but every now and then.
With all I went through, I had to literally sell everything heli related I had. Gotta love those ex's. Long story.

Anyway, just want to say Hi to Rob, Brian, Simon, and all you guys that I used to talk to. I know Im missing a few, but bear with me.

Love watching the vids and re-learning yet once again!!!!!!

Shawn
Old 10-26-2011, 05:17 AM
shawnm67

Whoops.....I meant to share this with yall.
My good friends wrangled me up last weekend and basically made me go watch em fly..........*******s!!!...LOLOL
So anyways my friend Brian got a new Logo 600 and was putting it through the paces......

Bone stock heli with some nice electronics....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Bz1EB-aA0&feature=feedu[/youtube]

I'll be back dammit....LOL
Old 10-26-2011, 05:48 AM
rikybob

Hi ya'll!

Shot a little viddy today!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee[/youtube]
Old 10-26-2011, 05:50 AM
rikybob

Hi ya'll!

Shot a little viddy today!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAMkTfYzCmo[/youtube]
Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: shawnm67

Hey gang!!!!

Wow......Im so glad to finally be back. I won't go into the ins and outs as to why I havent been around, but I will tell you that my life got flipped upside down and literally put in a blender!!!!!

But Im back and slowly but surely getting back on my feet. So much has happened since I last got to post on here. Im starting over.......
John, my little buddy if yall remember, moved with his dad back east. I don't hear from him too much anymore, but every now and then.
With all I went through, I had to literally sell everything heli related I had. Gotta love those ex's. Long story.

Anyway, just want to say Hi to Rob, Brian, Simon, and all you guys that I used to talk to. I know Im missing a few, but bear with me.

Shawn

Hiya Shawn,

Wondered what happened to ya!

From the 1st line (that included "blender") I knew your fate.

Sorry about your luck and welcome back!

b
Old 10-26-2011, 06:05 AM
Tinkman

Hiya Kidz!

I got my [link=http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001220733]Leaders Hobby GY520[/link] in the mail today and thanks to [link=http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001220733]Robs setup viddy[/link] (seriously, the manual sux) just as the sun set I got it on the bird and ONE test.

Best to all!

b
Hey Brian,
I've got an uninstalled GY520 as well. Can you repost Rob's link? It just takes me back to the Leaderhobby site. I'm thinking about installing it and need all the help I can get.
Thanks,
Joaquin
Old 10-26-2011, 06:06 AM
Tinkman

ORIGINAL: shawnm67

Hey gang!!!!

Shawn
Hey Shawn,
I feel for you. I went the through the same thing a few years back. It was devastating, but I survived.
Glad to have you back,
Joaquin
Old 10-26-2011, 06:19 AM
shawnm67

Thank you so much for the welcome back!!!!

It's been a long, tough road but Im slowly but surely getting there.

Finally got moved into my new house and got it furnished........[:@]

Now on to the things that make me smile!

S
Old 10-26-2011, 06:25 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Tinkman

Hiya Kidz!

Best to all!

b
Hey Brian,
I've got an uninstalled GY520 as well. Can you repost Rob's link? It just takes me back to the Leaderhobby site. I'm thinking about installing it and need all the help I can get.
Thanks,
Joaquin

Hiya Joaquin!

We all have frailties and mine is, is that I cannot, for the life of me as I age, read a phreakin' manual for these gyros and get them up and running (Posh Git Simon can. Grrrrr)!

Below is the Youtube link.

You may be faster on the uptake than I but I literally set the lap top next to the bird and followed his instructions and VOILA'.

I will say though that mine was NOT set at the defaults and it was kinda hard to get my piro number down to two. I never got it to one.

Best to ya!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qb-YIQ4H_s[/youtube]
Old 10-26-2011, 06:31 AM
shawnm67

Brian, that bird with the GY520 just looks really smooth!!!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:49 AM
jnail

Welcome back Shawn, Glad to hear that you weathered whatever kind of $#it storm you went through. Let us know if you need anything to get back in the air. I know I speak for others as well whe I say that we got enough crap floating around the shop to get you back flying very reasonably.

You didn't miss much on my end though, I have been playing with planks lately.

take care, jeff
Old 10-26-2011, 10:56 AM
rikybob

I like [link=http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001223866]this kit[/link] although I have never used it!

L/H has been good to me so far though!

b
Old 10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
shawnm67

Thank you Jeff............a **** storm is putting it mildly.....LOL

Anyways, I was able to salvage a couple of small things.......some main blades, a couple of servos, etc........

Im just waiting until I can hopefully get my feet back under me so I can go ahead and get me a kit of some kind.

S
Old 10-26-2011, 11:49 AM
shawnm67

Ok gang.........seems my computer doesnt like the fast reply.....go figure.

Got something that your just not using, sick of it taking up space, just don't like it?

Send it to me. I want to get back in the air and it looks like building a frankenstein heli is my only option right now.

My biggest problem is going to be the radio and rx.............I'll get there.....but in the mean time, I can be trying to put together a heli of some sort...LOL

Let me know gang!!!

Shawn
Old 10-26-2011, 11:52 AM
jnail

It's slow at work today, so I have been poking around on ebay, and discovered [link=http://www.ebay.com/itm/450-rc-helicopter-align-golden-frame-3D-6CH-rc-heli-/260814263417?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item3cb9bdd479]this gem[/link]this gem. I really like this blinged out heli!, and according to the add, "the intensity is very good" so how could you possibly go wrong?

yes, too much free time is a bad thing for me!

jeff
Old 10-26-2011, 12:00 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: jnail

It's slow at work today, so I have been poking around on ebay, and discovered [link=http://www.ebay.com/itm/450-rc-helicopter-align-golden-frame-3D-6CH-rc-heli-/260814263417?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item3cb9bdd479]this gem[/link]this gem. I really like this blinged out heli!, and according to the add, ''the intensity is very good'' so how could you possibly go wrong?

yes, too much free time is a bad thing for me!

jeff
Jeff,

Stay away from the shiney stuff.......staaaaaaay away!

b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.