Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 PM
friz
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Thanks for the reminder on lipo safety Bryan! I've cot a pile of them in the garage I don't use any more that need to be disposed of.

Guess what! Changed out the carbon boom for a metal one and the harmonic in the tail no longer gets excited to the point of destruction. Yea! I'm back in business. Thanks for the advice!
Old 07-20-2011, 01:11 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Oh Bugger! I've got my own tale of woe to contribute (though thankfully not on the scale of Bryans - Bad luck mate [img][/img])

Today is a near calm muggy day and seeing thus I took my favourite $10 heli (#1) to work with a view to getting a lunchtime flight in. Only problem was, almost the moment my last lipo was charged those glorious towering cumulus clouds exploded into life depositing hail, torrential rain and lightening on my little field. After 3 hours of peeping out the window every 15 seconds the rains stopped and I made it to the field only to be greeted by more rain [img][/img] Sheltering under a tree (yes I know [img][/img]) it eventually passed and I returned to my favoured spot on the field. Took out my favoured heli and enjoyed a serene battery pack as the heli looked great performing loops and rotor turns against the tall cumulus clouds that were none too far away. After 8 minutes the flight timer went but I ignored it and flew on for another minute then reluctantly landed & flicked the throttle hold switch.

Whilst reaching for the next lipo to be spoiled my heli freaked, rotors came to life with a judder! Quick glance at the transmitter and throttle hold was still on! Flicked it on and off and the heli fell quite again..... .....only for 10 seconds later to fire again, no fiddling the transmitter would stop it this time and the heli tipped over and performed a dance like a wasp on a window daring me to stick my hand in to try and disconnect the lipo. Eventually I did it but bust the landing skids in the process and stripped the main gear. Remarkably there seems to be no other damage including the blades which are unmarked [img][/img]

Just fired it up in the office and all works well.
So what happened - I've no idea but I guess one of:
1) A little rain somewhere - doubtful [img][/img]
2) Electrical interference from a thunderstorm - hmmmmm there was no interent or wireless network when I got back to work although I heard no thunder whilst flying. [img][/img]
3) I did not push the RF module fully home after practising on the sim last night (the 9x requires that you disconnect the rf module when on the sim) - the rf module was in but not completely tight.....[img][/img]
I think I've got off lightly tbh.
Hey again Simon,

[X(]
Are the AAs in your Tx good? ...sounds like JS (in post #5244) has the correct answer for you mate!

I also think you got off lightly!!

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 07-20-2011, 01:38 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: friz

Thanks for the reminder on lipo safety Bryan! I've cot a pile of them in the garage I don't use any more that need to be disposed of.

Guess what! Changed out the carbon boom for a metal one and the harmonic in the tail no longer gets excited to the point of destruction. Yea! I'm back in business. Thanks for the advice!

Now lets see if this works for Flying Fiz????

b
Old 07-20-2011, 01:47 AM
rikybob

Hiya all!

Re: Lipos burning your house down.

I store mine [link=http://www.armysurplusworld.com/display.asp?subdepartmentID=118]here.[/link] They are cheap and will NOT cause an explosion.

I charge mine in custom made ceramic boxes with a fire extinguisher and fire alarm nearby.

Now if I could just quit forgetting them on occasion I would be set!

b

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg13900.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	1637769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83296.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1637770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb73936.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1637771  
Old 07-20-2011, 01:50 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: joizeex

wow, i turn away from the thread for a few days and you guys get yourselves in a pickle? I hope the string of bad luck will not cause any more grief for you guys!

Edmund, that's some nice arsenal you have and something i didn't know about those big cats. Interesting info there, thanks!

I finally had some time to catch up on the thread after a busy weekend. Went to the bay at the shore on Friday and did some kayaking and relearned windsurfing. I learned a little bit of the latter some 4 years ago and my body forgot most of it, so it took half hour to finally get the feel for it again, but the sun was going down by then. Was good to be by the sea though, as i haven't gone to the beach to splash around in a good long while (been to Atlantic City, but fully clothed and at night).

Saturday i finally flew the nitro again, after buying 2 gallons of 20% fuel and had a blast, though on the 4th flight the rubber isolators that support the tank sheared off and the tank was touching the frame, which in nitro heli world is not a good thing. Also the fuel line attached to the main tank developed a big crack and lots of fuel was lost in flight, not to mention the engine ran lean. So from all this business i had to bring the heli back in and call it a day.

I also got my very own Cyro and installed it on the Dragonus (as it turned out, the existing Telebee gyro wasn't damaged, but the 6->5V voltage converter that i ran on my tail servo, was). Well, so far it seems that the Cyro is being more consistent in holding the tail than the Telebee. I haven't done the hot glue fill, as it seemed to me that everything inside is very solid and the bottom lid has a foam pad inside that holds everything in place.

I'm still getting a little bit of bounce when flying in the wind, which i tried to cure by adding some Delay, though i don't think it helped. Has anyone used that feature to tune the gyro response? The batteries i'm using on the heli are all but dead by now, from me overdischarging them a few times, so it was hard to judge gyro performance with slower headspeed. I ordered 4x Zippy 2200 30C packs from USA HK, so i'll see how that works out. Overall i'm very impressed with the Cyro for a mere $11!

aaaand, i have my own electronics trouble, as some of you guys are! My HBK decided to start doing random things while in flight with respect to servo movement and throttle. When sitting on the ground and not spinning the rotor, everything's fine. When i get it going, some seconds later it decides to dance with itself. Gonna have to sort it out soon, because i just got 2 brand new 1800 nano-tech batteries for the heli (i over discharged the ones i had for it as well... can we see a pattern here? lol).
You have been a busy little feller!

Do the mod on yer Cyro and fill it like a mini bath tub. You won't be sorry!

Hope yer gasser made it out alright??

b
Old 07-20-2011, 02:00 AM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: Jolly-Swagman

Have a look at these two Mods that can be done on your Turnigy 9X and then you will Never again have to remove that Stupid Module when using Simulator port or trainer and that wire for theantenna doesnt go back in right
1/

Turnigy 9X Trainer Function and Simulator Modification Fix Resolution DIY

Hi George & thanks for the suggestions.

I really like the first one & will have put it in the project queue! It is a pita having to remove the module for sim use.......

I have a lipo in my 9x but fwiw Hobbyking now do LiFe transmitter packs that have a nominal voltage closer to NiMH packs that most tx's are designed for. Might be worth a punt if anyone is after a new tx battery.....

Peter popped in to say: Are the AAs in your Tx good? (I got one of these- s)...sounds like JS (in post #5244) has the correct answer for you mate!

I also think you got off lightly!!
Yes, the tx battery was freshly charged. The heli is ok but OCD mean't that I took apart the grips and inspected the feathering shaft last night. All was well in there so I fitted a main gear and allowed the heli to float about the garden for 20 mins or so. All's well & I hope to fly that heli at lunch. Yesterday was just plain weird & I'm putting it down to the weather as wireless interent routers, mobile phones etc were all knocked out yesterday and I can't replicate the fault now with the heli / tx

Simon
Old 07-20-2011, 02:57 AM
SW_RC

Simon - the power put out by wireless routers is very very low.. Unless you are in a small room with a router I don't think they were to blame for for heli's dance...

Remember power disapates at the square of the distance...

So the power measured 2 metres from an antenna is the square root of that measured at 1 metre.. Assuming an omnidirectional antenna. Most routers use an omni. And the 2.4GHz RC radios are designed to be immune from other transmitters by frequency hopping..

Can't explain your woes, but the level of electrical noise from a lecky storm might have been part of the cause...
Old 07-20-2011, 04:12 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

This video is of the pics of my Model Shed Fire
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok4WKnSioPQ[/youtube]
Old 07-20-2011, 04:24 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc
[/youtube]
Hey again Bryan,

[X(]

[X(]

[X(]

such carnage - I bet if you had left a loaf of bread in there it would have become toast too![sm=what_smile.gif]

I'm glad you're OK - and try not to do that again PLEASE

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 07-20-2011, 04:37 AM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: SW_RC

Simon - the power put out by wireless routers is very very low.. Unless you are in a small room with a router I don't think they were to blame for for heli's dance...

Remember power disapates at the square of the distance...

So the power measured2 metres from an antenna is the square root of that measured at 1 metre.. Assuming an omnidirectional antenna. Most routers use an omni. And the 2.4GHz RC radios are designed to be immune from other transmitters by frequency hopping..

Can't explain your woes, but the level of electrical noise from a lecky storm might have been part of the cause...
Hi Garry,

Agreed it's looking like it was a related to the t/storms. Sorry if I was clumsy with my writting before - I never mean't to suggest wireless routers etc interferred with my model - Instead I was just making the observation that many wireless things also did not work properly that afternoon.....

Anyway I have flown it on my lunch break and it behaved itself today

I did my first forward flips so maybe a viddy later

Simon

Old 07-20-2011, 04:39 AM
sgbfly

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok4WKnSioPQ[/youtube]
Ouch!

Thanks for sharing that one - A bit of a reminder to play safe!

Simon

Old 07-20-2011, 04:44 AM
SW_RC

More videos? Beaut!

4 days off (well 4 1/2 really) from tomorrow morning (about 8 hrs away - woohoo) at the end of this night shift.. So lots of time to catch up on the latest babbles..

Garry.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:57 AM
Rob2160

Oh Bugger! I've got my own tale of woe to contribute (though thankfully not on the scale of Bryans - Bad luck mate )

Today is a near calm muggy day and seeing thus I took my favourite $10 heli (#1) to work with a view to getting a lunchtime flight in. Only problem was, almost the moment my last lipo was charged those glorious towering cumulus clouds exploded into life depositing hail, torrential rain and lightening on my little field. After 3 hours of peeping out the window every 15 seconds the rains stopped and I made it to the field only to be greeted by more rain Sheltering under a tree (yes I know) it eventually passed and I returned to my favoured spot on the field. Took out my favoured heli and enjoyed a serene battery pack as the heli looked great performing loops and rotor turns against the tall cumulus clouds that were none too far away. After 8 minutes the flight timer went but I ignored it and flew on for another minute then reluctantly landed & flicked the throttle hold switch.

Whilst reaching for the next lipo to be spoiled my heli freaked, rotors came to life with a judder! Quick glance at the transmitter and throttle hold was still on! Flicked it on and off and the heli fell quite again..... .....only for 10 seconds later to fire again, no fiddling the transmitter would stop it this time and the heli tipped over and performed a dance like a wasp on a window daring me to stick my hand in to try and disconnect the lipo. Eventually I did it but bust the landing skids in the process and stripped the main gear. Remarkably there seems to be no other damage including the blades which are unmarked

1) A little rain somewhere - doubtful
2) Electrical interference from a thunderstorm - hmmmmm there was no interent or wireless network when I got back to work although I heard no thunder whilst flying.
3) I did not push the RF module fully home after practising on the sim last night (the 9x requires that you disconnect the rf module when on the sim) - the rf module was in but not completely tight.....

Simon

Hi Simon,

Glad to hear you got off lightly..

Here is one possible explanation..

What are your "Failsafe" settings..

A bit of background..

When you bind a Spektrum RX to the transmitter, the position of the transmitter sticks are critical as these are remembered by the RX as the "Fail Safe" position

When the RX loses signal from the TX it will default to those values..

(Futaba is the same actually)

I had the same problem on my 450 Pro when I first built it.. I had bound the RX with the Transmitter stick just slightly above minimum position..

A few flights later, I carelessly turned off the transmitter first and the RX went into fail safe and the Heli powered up..

The easy fix was to re bind with the throttle fully at idle..

i now make sure my throttle is at idle for each new bind..

Perhaps it was a combination of factors? what was your TX battery? maybe a bit of electrical interference from the Weather?

Maybe the RX was losing voltage due to you over flying the lipo?

Not sure if the Turnigy 9X has the same fail safe arrangements but it may be one thing to test/ eliminate..

Old 07-20-2011, 06:03 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: joizeex

wow, i turn away from the thread for a few days and you guys get yourselves in a pickle? I hope the string of bad luck will not cause any more grief for you guys!

Edmund, that's some nice arsenal you have and something i didn't know about those big cats. Interesting info there, thanks!

I finally had some time to catch up on the thread after a busy weekend. Went to the bay at the shore on Friday and did some kayaking and relearned windsurfing. I learned a little bit of the latter some 4 years ago and my body forgot most of it, so it took half hour to finally get the feel for it again, but the sun was going down by then. Was good to be by the sea though, as i haven't gone to the beach to splash around in a good long while (been to Atlantic City, but fully clothed and at night).

Saturday i finally flew the nitro again, after buying 2 gallons of 20% fuel and had a blast, though on the 4th flight the rubber isolators that support the tank sheared off and the tank was touching the frame, which in nitro heli world is not a good thing. Also the fuel line attached to the main tank developed a big crack and lots of fuel was lost in flight, not to mention the engine ran lean. So from all this business i had to bring the heli back in and call it a day.

I also got my very own Cyro and installed it on the Dragonus (as it turned out, the existing Telebee gyro wasn't damaged, but the 6->5V voltage converter that i ran on my tail servo, was). Well, so far it seems that the Cyro is being more consistent in holding the tail than the Telebee. I haven't done the hot glue fill, as it seemed to me that everything inside is very solid and the bottom lid has a foam pad inside that holds everything in place.

I'm still getting a little bit of bounce when flying in the wind, which i tried to cure by adding some Delay, though i don't think it helped. Has anyone used that feature to tune the gyro response? The batteries i'm using on the heli are all but dead by now, from me overdischarging them a few times, so it was hard to judge gyro performance with slower headspeed. I ordered 4x Zippy 2200 30C packs from USA HK, so i'll see how that works out. Overall i'm very impressed with the Cyro for a mere $11!

aaaand, i have my own electronics trouble, as some of you guys are! My HBK decided to start doing random things while in flight with respect to servo movement and throttle. When sitting on the ground and not spinning the rotor, everything's fine. When i get it going, some seconds later it decides to dance with itself. Gonna have to sort it out soon, because i just got 2 brand new 1800 nano-tech batteries for the heli (i over discharged the ones i had for it as well... can we see a pattern here? lol).
Hi Great you got the cyro..

The delay function should not be used if you are using a digital servo.. set the delay to zero..

What servo are you using on the tail?

The bounce could be a number of things.. how much foam did you use? what gain setting? too high will give a fast bounce, too low may cause a slow bounce.

The hot glue fix is wort doing even if your cyro is working perfectly as it will Guarantee longevity.. once the eletrics and wires are cryogenically locked for all eternity inside the hot glue the Cyro becomes far more robust..

Old 07-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Rob2160

I will post another linky once I figure out the best place to upload the photos to. You guys just have to see how hot it got. I have discovered more plastic heli canopies disfigured.
I think that I started having problems to begin with because of to many over discharge flights. Please be careful.
Rob, I can honestly say that your charge station is probably as safe or safer than mine. I think I will pour a concrete pad outside and away from any structures or trees and then form a concrete box to charge my batteries. It seems the only way my wife will allow them on the property now.
I will post that link soon. Please keep watching.
Bryan
Nah, I was just joking about the wooden table..

i am super cautious with not over discharging.. my lipos usually have at least 25% capacity remaining when i finish flying.. and are always still cool..

I have ordered a bunch of newZippy 40C batteries as they are very powerful in my Stryker and remain cool.. I replaced the Turnigy 2200 in the mini cylon yesterday with one of the 40C zippys and it was noticably more powerful and consistent during the discharge.. after 5 mins the battery was totally cool and had 27% remaining.. so i'm fitting them to all my helis now..

Old 07-20-2011, 06:20 AM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Oh Bugger! I've got my own tale of woe to contribute (though thankfully not on the scale of Bryans - Bad luck mate )

Today is a near calm muggy day and seeing thus I took my favourite $10 heli (#1) to work with a view to getting a lunchtime flight in. Only problem was, almost the moment my last lipo was charged those glorious towering cumulus clouds exploded into life depositing hail, torrential rain and lightening on my little field. After 3 hours of peeping out the window every 15 seconds the rains stopped and I made it to the field only to be greeted by more rain Sheltering under a tree (yes I know) it eventually passed and I returned to my favoured spot on the field. Took out my favoured heli and enjoyed a serene battery pack as the heli looked great performing loops and rotor turns against the tall cumulus clouds that were none too far away. After 8 minutes the flight timer went but I ignored it and flew on for another minute then reluctantly landed & flicked the throttle hold switch.

Whilst reaching for the next lipo to be spoiled my heli freaked, rotors came to life with a judder! Quick glance at the transmitter and throttle hold was still on! Flicked it on and off and the heli fell quite again..... .....only for 10 seconds later to fire again, no fiddling the transmitter would stop it this time and the heli tipped over and performed a dance like a wasp on a window daring me to stick my hand in to try and disconnect the lipo. Eventually I did it but bust the landing skids in the process and stripped the main gear. Remarkably there seems to be no other damage including the blades which are unmarked

1) A little rain somewhere - doubtful
2) Electrical interference from a thunderstorm - hmmmmm there was no interent or wireless network when I got back to work although I heard no thunder whilst flying.
3) I did not push the RF module fully home after practising on the sim last night (the 9x requires that you disconnect the rf module when on the sim) - the rf module was in but not completely tight.....

Simon

Hi Simon,

Glad to hear you got off lightly..

Here is one possible explanation..

What are your "Failsafe" settings..

A bit of background..

When you bind a Spektrum RX to the transmitter, the position of the transmitter sticks are critical as these are remembered by the RX as the "Fail Safe" position

When the RX loses signal from the TX it will default to those values..

(Futaba is the same actually)

I had the same problem on my 450 Pro when I first built it.. I had bound the RX with the Transmitter stick just slightly above minimum position..

A few flights later, I carelessly turned off the transmitter first and the RX went into fail safe and the Heli powered up..

The easy fix was to re bind with the throttle fully at idle..

i now make sure my throttle is at idle for each new bind..

Perhaps it was a combination of factors? what was your TX battery? maybe a bit of electrical interference from the Weather?

Maybe the RX received was losing voltage due to you over flying the lipo?

Not sure if the Turnigy 9X has the same fail safe arrangements but it may be one thing to test/ eliminate..
Hi Rob,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts mate!

Failsafe is a naughty word as far as the Turnigy 9x is concerned as I don't think there is one........ I think what happens if you switch off the tx is the motor stops and the servos hold position - I'll try it on the GT that I'm rebuilding....Although the problem with this is the GT has a different receiver to the $10 heli so the results may not copy to the other.

The heli lipo was fine. It took less than 1800mAh to recharge and balance.

When it fired up it was a juddery start and the motor ran rough. The motor became hot (but that may well have been becasue the heli tipped over) - It was all very strange.....

Simon

Old 07-20-2011, 06:22 AM
Rob2160

Commiserations to those for whom helis have turned on them...

Maybe time to turn your attention to a more gentile pastime, like this fellow has?

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeNLMN_RqSI [/youtube]

LOL.. yeah that is much safer!
Old 07-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hiya all!

I store mine [link=http://www.armysurplusworld.com/display.asp?subdepartmentID=118]here.[/link] They are cheap and will NOT cause an explosion.

I charge mine in custom made ceramic boxes with a fire extinguisher and fire alarm nearby.

b

Man.. you are HARD CORE!..

Great set up...

i have just emailed these guys about building me a safe Lipo shelter..

All jokes aside.. I am impressed by your charge arrangment!.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:34 AM
Rob2160

Hi Rob,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts mate!

Failsafe is a naughty word as far as the Turnigy 9x is concerned as I don't think there is one........ I think what happens if you switch off the tx is the motor stops and the servos hold position - I'll try it on the GT that I'm rebuilding....Although the problem with this is the GT has a different receiver to the $10 heli so the results may not copy to the other.

The heli lipo was fine. It took less than 1800mAh to recharge and balance.

When it fired up it was a juddery start and the motor ran rough. The motor became hot (but that may well have been becasue the heli tipped over) - It was all very strange.....

Simon

yes, that is odd mate.. not sure what it might be....

Old 07-20-2011, 06:40 AM
sgbfly

^ I suspect I will never know! [&:]

Just about to upload a short video of todays effort with the same heli....

Simon 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:07 AM
sgbfly

Hi Everyone,

Near the end of this short video I attempt my first ever forward flip......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD4QYGtaOU4[/youtube]

btw, this was the heli that had a funny turn yesterday. I think it's just about redeemed itself

Simon
Old 07-20-2011, 10:21 AM
rikybob

Hiya all!

b

Great set up...

All jokes aside.. I am impressed by your charge arrangment!. [img][/img]

Hiya Rob!

Not too hard core........just deathy afraid of fire!

When I was a kid we lived through two (count 'em), two house fires!

Due to allergies I can smell only three things:

1) Oil burning on a manifold

2) Baby poop

3) Wire insulation overheating!

Scary stuff fire is and I can't tell you how disappointed I am when I get up in the morning and find a phreakin' lipo still on the charger OUT of the fire proof box.

It has been told to me that basically lipos should be given the same reverance as a gallon of gas!

On another note I think I know what's causing Simon's issue.

It's [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_murdoch]this![/link]

b
Old 07-20-2011, 12:43 PM
SW_RC

Hiya all!

b

Great set up...

All jokes aside.. I am impressed by your charge arrangment!. [img][/img]

Hiya Rob!

Not too hard core........just deathy afraid of fire!

When I was a kid we lived through two (count 'em), two house fires!

Due to allergies I can smell only three things:

1) Oil burning on a manifold

2) Baby poop

3) Wire insulation overheating!

Scary stuff fire is and I can't tell you how disappointed I am when I get up in the morning and find a phreakin' lipo still on the charger OUT of the fire proof box.

It has been told to me that basically lipos should be given the same reverance as a gallon of gas!

On another note I think I know what's causing Simon's issue.

It's [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_murdoch]this![/link]

b
Unlucky with the smells you are left with! I could think of a few things I'd rather be able to home in on... 8^)

Garry
Old 07-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: friz

Now lets see if this works for Flying Fiz????

b
Hi Brian thanks for the thought, I think I'll chuck the CF boom, and the head of that V500 in the bin and put on a Gaui FBL head I picked up a while back, and put on a proper FBL receiver, I just happen to have an Align and a Gaui one spare.Man after seeing all the elaborate safety measures for charging the lipo's I've order one of those charging bags from HK.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:53 PM
joizeex

Commiserations to those for whom helis have turned on them...

Maybe time to turn your attention to a more gentile pastime, like this fellow has?

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeNLMN_RqSI [/youtube]

holy monkey balls! i thought i was watching one of the Mad Max movies for a moment!

Bryan, that slide show made me wanna cry. RC models are a terrible thing to waste.

Thanks to everyone for recommending the Cyro, i'm very happy with it. Flew some more today and it's very solid, though i may have to turn the gain a click or 2 lower for when i get my new Zippy 30C batteries and run in idle up. I had to bring the ball to the closest hole on the horn during the initial setup over the weekend. In hindsight, i should've done that with the Telebee, but even comparing performance of both gyros back to back on the same hole, the Cyro was better. I think that perhaps the Telebee would've been better when matched with a different servo.

Rob, i'm running one of these digitals on the tail: http://www.picstuff.com/index.php?ro...&product_id=76 Right after you mentioned about the delay and analog servos, i remembered reading about that when i setup the Futaba GY401 on my nitro with the 9254 digital servo, and then it all made sense to me. I have gyro gain at 25 in the HH mode. I'm not sure what Spektrum equivalent that is. In Futaba's gyro menu you can select "GY" mode, which sets up all gyros as if they were native Futaba ones. From there you have 200 points of adjustment: A1-A100 for HH and N1-N100 for rate mode. So in HH mode i have it at A25 and in rate mode i have it at N49. Rate mode hold is also very solid btw.

As it turned out, the voltage regulator i ran on the tail servo before, had white wire break from the lil circuit board, hence me getting no tail servo movement. Nothing i can't fix, but since my Scorpion 45A ESC (built-in 6V linear BEC) was replaced under warranty for a newer version (built-in 5V switching BEC), i no longer need the voltage dropped.

Brian, the nitro made it out just fine, thanks. It's easy to tell motor trouble with them because it'll either sound completely different or... just stop lol. In my case, it sounded lean, so i brought it back, though i flew it a couple mins longer and now regret it, as it was leaning out. Funny thing though, on the first flight, i ran the last bits of 30% nitro and after 2 mins it also sounded lean, so i brought it back, shut it down and couldn't restart. Turned out that all that insane combustion chamber pressure of 30% fuel running at peak setting has BACKEDOUTTHEHEADBOLTS! they weren't falling out just yet, but they were too loose to seal the chamber. The previous time i was at the field and accidentally ran it too lean, the pressure was backing out the glow plug! At least i know that after all that, i still have really nice compression on the engine still lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.