Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

Old 10-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible

ORIGINAL: joizeex

wow it's been a while since i read this thread! Hi everyone, again!!I see that there are new posters and even a Heli Wife (with some hilarious heliboys smileyspictures)! aaaand... someone managed to almost lose a finger [img]/forum/js/punymce/plugins/emoticons/img/trans.gif[/img] Geez, i missed all the excitement! I myself had 2 close calls with my .50 nitro when i was first starting out; both times it flew overhead within a couple meters. Rob, them blade labels... too soon, man, too soon!!

The reason i haven't been around is because usually after flying or in the eveningor on rainy days i just sit on the couch and play PC games on my 50" TV (recently had to upgrade the PC to handle the latest games). That and with the crappy Fall weather and shorter days i haven't been flying a whole lot [img]/forum/js/punymce/plugins/emoticons/img/trans.gif[/img]

My Dragonus has been sitting around, partially due to the above and partially because the tail twitches too much under cross wind and in the last few flights the tail servo gets REALLY warm even if there's not a lot of visible twitching. I'm going to try an HXT900 or Turnigy MG90Sto see if the overheating isa servo issue and then will need to replace it.

Any suggestions for a micro size tail servo that goes for $15 or so? I believethe Turnigy DSG something is used by many of you? I'm also very disappointed with the runtime of these 4Zippy Fightmax 2200 30C batteries i got for the heli. The "oomf" portion of the flight doesn't last as long as the Turnigy ones did. I think they're broken in after 4 cycles. What would you guys say?

The HBK2 also been having issues with overheating, but of the ESC, so i'm gonna replace it with this cheapy one i got from HK, but i'm also not impressed with the Turnigy Nanotech 1800 batts i got for it (though it may be because the worn out ESC drains too much current and too quickly).

So all these additional issues contributed to me staying grounded. Though i did use my free time with good progress: beat Mass Effect 1 and 2 over the summer and now playing Witcher 2, Deus Ex:Human Revolution and Dirt 3 all at once lol. Waiting for Skyrim to come out. I did buy a new bright yellow fiberglass canopy for my nitro for those cloudy days and early sunsets to increase visibility and have been flying that heli here and there, weather permitting. Whata reliable machine! Though i do get an occasional tear in the fuel line at the main tank and the heli gets covered in slime. I don't think i can possibly catch up on all the dozens of pages i've missed, so i hope everyone has been doing well?
Hi, yes as Simon says, the DS480 is an awesome tail servo if you can find one anywhere..

I am having good experience with the 3DPro 9257MG Servo which is a clone of the Futaba S9257 (it costs $19 from www.RC711.com) Simon is using one also, boom mounted. So far it has performed flawlessly in over 70 flights for me and is just as good as the original futaba IMHO...

When I was in Sydney recently this store www.ultimatehobbies.com.au had a Phoenix Sim attached to a 42 inch LED TV and it looked Awesome. I thought of trying that also. Need to find some great PC games.. I played all the Wing Commander Series in the 90's and WC3 was just Incredible... More cut scenes from the game here.and some game play.. (I played on a Pentium 100 and it was much more fluid than this video.)

I used a Thrustmaster Joystick and progammable WCS2 and rudder just like this. , so every function in the spacecraft would be operated without touching a keyboard.

It was SO addictive.. I had 5 days off work in a row after a Police night shift. and started playing the first day.. the next 3 days were 6am until 3am.. and I couldn't sleep, just thinking about the game.. I finished the game around 1pm on the 5th day.. (my girlfriend at the time would bring me breakfast lunch and dinner at the computer.. honestly... she thought it was funny how obsessed and excited I was by the game)

I remember it being SOimmersive that when I finished it and walked outside the house into the sunshine after 5 days on not leaving the house, I actually FELTlike I had been on an incredible space adventure...

AWESOMEAWESOMEgame.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:04 PM
ahamay

Hi Guys, Ihave some exciting news and some not so good news. I did a FLIP, well Idid a few actually. But then I thought I was Chuck Yeager and decided to try a loop. Got some repairs to do this weekend.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMQGqyn32qg[/youtube]
Old 10-14-2011, 05:36 PM
glenladen

Cheers edmund,been getting any flying in mate?,I enjoyed your post about the air show I hope the injured para's are healing well.
Rob, karara threw me and as I'm on leave at the moment and about to head down to freo to have alook at the Endeaver replica with my mate and godson,I haven't been keeping upto date with the happening's in the mining industry.

If the wind die's down enough tomorrow I might give the Mcpx afew more flights.

cheers,
chappy.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:37 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

Poor Jonesy, and you were flying so well.
I hope to try the same maneuvers this Sunday at our flying field.  Hopefully hugj will be there to video my crash!
Bryan
Old 10-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Hi Guys, Ihave some exciting news and some not so good news. I did a FLIP, well Idid a few actually. But then I thought I was Chuck Yeager and decided to try a loop. Got some repairs to do this weekend.

More comments on youtube, but enjoyed the vid.. some great loops and flips there. The heli flies great and can't miss the sound of the Aussie bush.. Sorry about the crash, look forward to seeing her in the air again.. Thanks for the vid.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:41 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

More comments on youtube, but enjoyed the vid.. some great loops and flips there. The heli flies great and can't miss the sound of the Aussie bush.. Sorry about the crash, look forward to seeing her in the air again.. Thanks for the vid.
Thanks for the kind words. I kind of feel better now i've crashed it on my own accord as opposed to last time when I had a part fail.

As for the blather, I'll try and pick up my game . I suppose it makes it easier when you can fly these things and your not concentrating so damn hard on not making a mistake. The blades hit a tree branch but the heli landed in the long grass so it's not as messed up as last time.

Jonesy

Old 10-15-2011, 12:00 AM
sgbfly

Just a question? did your T9 have the module on a soldered wire? I beleive some of the earlier ones did. or are they new truly module capable without modifying? Just wondered before I bite the bullet and buy one.
Hi Rob,

My T9 had the antenna wire soldered to the module but it's very easy to remove. However, the Leadershobby Flysky 9X is truly module capable as the antenna is part of the module Weird pricing though...

Simon

Old 10-15-2011, 07:57 AM
rikybob

@ Rob, re read the spec on the LH Clone and the software is actually BETTER.

A scan 8/8 on the model memory but really good software (firmware)

@ joiseex Glad to hear from you and cool to hear you are well and keeping busy with all your trappings! I wish I could answer some of your heli questions but I haven't delved into areas other than [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=8511]this tail servo[/link] is really nice for 25 bux but hard to find in stock!

Best to ya!

b
Old 10-15-2011, 08:11 AM
rikybob

Hi Guys, I have some exciting news and some not so good news. I did a FLIP, well I did a few actually. But then I thought I was Chuck Yeager and decided to try a loop. Got some repairs to do this weekend.

Rob, I have to agree.....great back drop with alllll the birds......need more blather to include bank #'s etc!....great flying and 1st loop @ 3:17! I would have peed myself a little! Would be cool to learn more about you but of course, with the web, we ALREADY know!

Sorry 'bout your crash! THAT is what I am afraid of in advancing and THAT makes me a wuss!

Fantastic flying and congrats on the 1st LOOPS!

b
Old 10-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Tinkman

Hi Guys, I have some exciting news and some not so good news. I did a FLIP, well I did a few actually. But then I thought I was Chuck Yeager and decided to try a loop. Got some repairs to do this weekend.
Hey Jonsey,
Sorry to see the crash. Otherwise a pretty damn good flight!
I know that tree will have second thoughts about getting in the way ever again!
I enjoyed the vid. Keep them coming.
Joaquin

Thanks for the kind words. I kind of feel better now i've crashed it on my own accord as opposed to last time when I had a part fail.

As for the blather, I'll try and pick up my game [img][/img]. I suppose it makes it easier when you can fly these things and your not concentrating so damn hard on not making a mistake. The blades hit a tree branch but the heli landed in the long grass so it's not as messed up as last time.

Jonesy

Old 10-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Tinkman

Ok, turns out replying from my " smart" phone is more difficult than I expected! You'll have to search for my reply
Old 10-15-2011, 12:27 PM
ingleburn

Congrats on the flips but sorry about the crash. Ive got to say that its the best one ive seen on here if that's any consolation. I'm hoping that my first crash is just as spectacular because it means that i got off the ground and didn't just tip it over trying to get into a hover. What sort of damage did you have because it looked like you hit pretty hard?
As for my heli, the batteries and connectors will be here tomorrow so Ive been going over mine to make sure everything is tight and where it should be so all going well it should be ready to go in a day or 2. Ill throw up my pitch and throttle curves later and see what you all think.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:16 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Congrats on the flips but sorry about the crash. Ive got to say that its the best one ive seen on here if that's any consolation. I'm hoping that my first crash is just as spectacular because it means that i got off the ground and didn't just tip it over trying to get into a hover. What sort of damage did you have because it looked like you hit pretty hard?
As for my heli, the batteries and connectors will be here tomorrow so Ive been going over mine to make sure everything is tight and where it should be so all going well it should be ready to go in a day or 2. Ill throw up my pitch and throttle curves later and see what you all think.
Ingleburn, thanks and yes the crash looked worse than it was as it landed in grass aka Aussie Bushland . Replaced the following:

Blades
Main Shaft
Feathering shaft
Skid pipe
A few head links that I could not get straight enough
Tail boom was bent about .5mm but not going to worry about replacing that this time.

Got out this morning for another run as the weather forecst was totally wrong, it's a awesome day here today. First post crash flight with blather ->

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pbdLVlUFvs[/youtube]

Old 10-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Rob2160

Ingleburn, thanks and yes the crash looked worse than it was as it landed in grass aka Aussie Bushland . Replaced the following:

Blades
Main Shaft
Feathering shaft
Skid pipe
Tail boom was bent about .5mm but not going to worry about replacing that this time.

Got out this morning for another run as the weather forecst was totally wrong, it's a awesome day here today. First post grash flight with blather ->

Great vid Jonesy, and 10 out of 10 for the Blather.. you must be like me and can't stand having a broken heli and rebuild it within 24 hours... Good job on the rebuild.

Thanks for the shout out and excellent flying.. More comments on YT.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:18 PM
pushinoldrc

Great flight Jonesy..it usually takes me a few days to get a heli dialed back in after a nasty crash such as you had.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:38 PM
ingleburn

Blades
Main Shaft
Feathering shaft
Skid pipe

Got out this morning for another run as the weather forecst was totally wrong, it's a awesome day here today. First post crash flight with blather ->

Wow I expected much more damage than that. Looks like you burnt the midnight oil to get it going again. Nice flying as well. Think after a crash like that I would be hovering for a pack or 2.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:45 AM
rikybob

Blades
Main Shaft
Feathering shaft
Skid pipe

Great flyin' and GREAT blather!

Up and flyin' in record time and know this: It takes a REAL man to fly a pink canopy!

Looking forward to seeing that effort!

b
Old 10-16-2011, 05:52 AM
pushinoldrc

[/quote]

Great flyin' and GREAT blather!

Up and flyin' in record time and know this: It takes a REAL man to fly a pink canopy!

Looking forward to seeing that effort!

b
[/quote]

LOL, At least we know he is secure in his ManHood. Ithink that's a great idea.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Tinkman

Great flight Jonsey! Very good blather too!
Joaquin
Old 10-16-2011, 01:51 PM
joizeex

Hi, yes as Simon says, the DS480 is an awesome tail servo if you can find one anywhere..

I am having good experience with the 3DPro 9257MG Servo which is a clone of the Futaba S9257 (it costs $19 from www.RC711.com) Simon is using one also, boom mounted. So far it has performed flawlessly in over 70 flights for me and is just as good as the original futaba IMHO...

When I was in Sydney recently this store www.ultimatehobbies.com.au had a Phoenix Sim attached to a 42 inch LED TV and it looked Awesome. I thought of trying that also. Need to find some great PC games.. I played all the Wing Commander Series in the 90's and WC3 was just Incredible... More cut scenes from the game here.and some game play.. (I played on a Pentium 100 and it was much more fluid than this video.)

I used a Thrustmaster Joystick and progammable WCS2 and rudder just like this. , so every function in the spacecraft would be operated without touching a keyboard.

It was SO addictive.. I had 5 days off work in a row after a Police night shift. and started playing the first day.. the next 3 days were 6am until 3am.. and I couldn't sleep, just thinking about the game.. I finished the game around 1pm on the 5th day.. (my girlfriend at the time would bring me breakfast lunch and dinner at the computer.. honestly... she thought it was funny how obsessed and excited I was by the game)

I remember it being SOimmersive that when I finished it and walked outside the house into the sunshine after 5 days on not leaving the house, I actually FELTlike I had been on an incredible space adventure...

AWESOMEAWESOMEgame.
thanks for the link Rob. Seems like that servo is in pretty high demand if it's on backorder. i guess that speaks for the servo's performance!

Man, that's pretty wild stuff about playing that game for several days. My friend once played Morrowind for practically an entire weekend, taking breaks only to eat/shower/sleep. Back in my college days i used to be pretty bad about that too, but these days, it's usually no more than 3 hours at a time, 6 if i play more than 1 game in a day and that rarely happens. I only played Wing Commander Prophecy and had lots of fun with it, though i didn't have a HOTAS and just a regular 4-button+throttle-wheel joystick. Actually, i still have it laying around somewhere lol.

So today i wanted to fly the last 2 tanks worth of fuel remaining for my nitro and then clean it off, put after-run oil in and let it retire for the season... Of course as my luck had it, i crashed it on the first flight because once again i decided to loop too low to the ground and didn't add any negative collective at the top (though a voice in my head told me to) as it was obvious that i'd run out of room. So coming out of the loop, the heli just ran out of power and bogged as i struggled to maintain altitude by giving it full up collective. I never learn! lol

Brian thanks for the good words, glad to "see" you guys too!

Now, here's something for all the Aussies to feel proud (NASCARfans need not take offense, it's all in good humor): http://jalopnik.com/5848213/watch-a-...alian-supercar

Old 10-16-2011, 02:42 PM
rikybob

When I was in Sydney recently this store www.ultimatehobbies.com.au had a Phoenix Sim attached to a 42 inch LED TV and it looked Awesome. I thought of trying that also. Need to find some great PC games.. I played all the Wing Commander Series in the 90's and WC3 was just Incredible... More cut scenes from the game here. and some game play.. ( I played on a Pentium 100 and it was much more fluid than this video.)

I remember it being SO immersive that when I finished it and walked outside the house into the sunshine after 5 days on not leaving the house, I actually FELT like I had been on an incredible space adventure...

AWESOME AWESOME game.
thanks for the link Rob. Seems like that servo is in pretty high demand if it's on backorder. i guess that speaks for the servo's performance!

Man, that's pretty wild stuff about playing that game for several days. My friend once played Morrowind for practically an entire weekend, taking breaks only to eat/shower/sleep. Back in my college days i used to be pretty bad about that too, but these days, it's usually no more than 3 hours at a time, 6 if i play more than 1 game in a day and that rarely happens. I only played Wing Commander Prophecy and had lots of fun with it, though i didn't have a HOTAS and just a regular 4-button+throttle-wheel joystick. Actually, i still have it laying around somewhere lol.

So today i wanted to fly the last 2 tanks worth of fuel remaining for my nitro and then clean it off, put after-run oil in and let it retire for the season... Of course as my luck had it, i crashed it on the first flight because once again i decided to loop too low to the ground and didn't add any negative collective at the top (though a voice in my head told me to) as it was obvious that i'd run out of room. So coming out of the loop, the heli just ran out of power and bogged as i struggled to maintain altitude by giving it full up collective. I never learn! lol

Brian thanks for the good words, glad to ''see'' you guys too!

Now, here's something for all the Aussies to feel proud (NASCAR fans need not take offense, it's all in good humor): http://jalopnik.com/5848213/watch-a-...alian-supercar

Hi again Joiseex!

Sorry to hear of your crash and just before putting it away for the season but applaud you for doing aerobatics as alas that skill escapes me!

I curse Florida for it interminable heat but Florida's flyin season is JUST beginning!

As for video games I find your addiction pathetic and mindful of the weak!

I am ashamed of you!

So it was 1979 and I worked ALL summer to come up with the 350bux USD to buy [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellivision]Mattel's Intellivision[/link]!

[link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_2600]Atari 2600[/link] was all the rage and I found it rudimentary at best and not being an "early adopter" I scoffed!

(Plus in 7th grade I didn't have any money)

So's I sprung for the killer console and killer it was!

I had Olympic swimming, shooter up Star Wars type games, Football base ball and you name it!

I lost and entire phreakin' summer and most of the fall!

Literally the sun would rise and set on me!

I would step outside and my eyes would BURN!

I was HORRIBLY addicted!

I am soooooo deathly afraid of video games that I won't even look at them!

For "outside" there are girls and other cool things!

Video games have prejudiced me so bad I find it hard to use Phoenix and prefer to crash in the real world!

I too, am pathetic!

Good luck putting the bird back together and if it's not too much trouble, what's the cost of damage on a name brand bird!

Best to ya!

Brian
Old 10-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Rob2160

AWESOMEAWESOMEgame.

Now, here's something for all the Aussies to feel proud (NASCARfans need not take offense, it's all in good humor): http://jalopnik.com/5848213/watch-a-...alian-supercar

LOL, yes, it can be so addictive...

Now I can recall PC Gaming (mainly flight sims) was my addiction before model trains...

Resulting in this website www.pctestpilot.com(all the reviews on this site are my own work... I had asked a number of others to assist but they never had time to produce anything)

and I was on the design team for this . http://www.thrustmaster.com/product....1&PlatformID=5(see page 4 of the manual below..)

Maybe a "tad" addicted.. LOL.

WCProphecy was great also, but 3 was the most immersive, some of the mission actually gave you anadrenaline rush. Very cool.

Did youtry Privateer? another super immersive game. (you can get it free now here. )

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41335.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1675273  
Old 10-16-2011, 08:14 PM
joizeex

Brian, thanks! That's how things always happen to me. I plan something, but then this guy named Murphy knocks on my door, holding up some kinda statute paper, all framed nicely, and tells me i have to abide by it, or else. I hate that guy! I think this is the 3rd season that i have concluded with a crash. Go out with a bang, as they say.

If i had to estimate the damage, it'd be $100 if i replace every single thing that was even remotely damaged, or $20, if i decide to mend and bend things back and use some epoxy. For now, the damn thing is sitting (albeit crookedly due to broken landing gear, which has never happened before) in its usual place and i don't even wanna look at it lol. I'll get to it when i'm bored.

Wow, i seriously didn't realize they had gaming consoles dating that far back! i was still in diapers, that's amazing! I definitely try not to lose out on the daylight though, which is why earlier today i had that flying chainsaw attack the soybean field My usual routine is flying after work, then TV or games after sunset. Which actually doesn't leave much time for the other thing you mentioned - girls lol. Although, after my buddy dragged me to check out Delilah's in Philly last night (take a guess what that is; i'll give you a hint, it's ALSO a steakhouse apparently), i'm now feeling pressed to finish making my Match.com profile lol.

Rob, that's an interesting compilation of articles you have on the site. I'm intrigued to find out a real pilot's point of view. It's also good to see that an actual pilot had input in the creation of something related to flight sims! I have played a couple of sims way back in college; ones that are fresh in memory are Falcon 4 and Comanche 3. Others were more arcade'ish, but still fun. I've heard many good things about Privateer from several people, back in the 90's and recently in a conversation with a good friend of mine who's a heavy gamer (i'm actually more of a moderate one). My vice is mostly role playing games and they take many hours to finish and are very immersive, especially ones with open roaming. Unlike my friend, however, i actually play them from start to finish, as opposed to jumping to something else and never getting back lol.

well, enough of me babbling about things that are not helis lol
Old 10-16-2011, 08:27 PM
ahamay

Cheap 7 channel radio at Leader Hobby.
http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001225764
This radio is a dead ringer for the Spektrum DX7
$29... how can you go wrong.. a twin antenna RX also...
Looks like Mode1.
I just ordered one and will test it thoroughly when it arrives.
Has anyone recieved their DX7 clone from LH?. I'm interested to find out if they are any good. What are LH like to deal with as I've never purchased anything from there before.

Jonesy

Old 10-16-2011, 09:51 PM
ingleburn

AWESOMEAWESOMEgame.

LOL, yes, it can be so addictive...

Now I can recall PC Gaming (mainly flight sims) was my addiction before model trains...

Resulting in this website www.pctestpilot.com(all the reviews on this site are my own work... I had asked a number of others to assist but they never had time to produce anything)

and I was on the design team for this . http://www.thrustmaster.com/product....1&PlatformID=5(see page 4 of the manual below..)

Maybe a "tad" addicted.. LOL.

WCProphecy was great also, but 3 was the most immersive, some of the mission actually gave you anadrenaline rush. Very cool.

Did youtry Privateer? another super immersive game. (you can get it free now here. )

If only I could get back the hours I spent playing games! To long ago to remember most of them but Desent freespace and Duke Nukem come to mind. Think I started with a commodore 64 and from memory my first computer had a massive 20 Mb hard drive and pentiums were only a dream. I got right into the first halo and surprised the kids with an early xmas pressy of a xbox one year. Might have been cause halo 2 only got released on xbox first Think I played it for a week then got sick of it and never played games again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.