Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

600e Pitch/Throttle Curves

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

600e Pitch/Throttle Curves

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 08:53 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 600e Pitch/Throttle Curves

I'm new to electric helicopters and need some help. I'm using a JR10X transmitter. I have flown nitro helicopters using a seven point curve but from what I have been reading nitro and electric set-ups are completly different. The instruction manual shows a set-up using a five point curve. I'm asking for a seven point curve programming for normal and idle up 1. The other problem I'm having is understanding the throttle hold function and how it applies to electrics. I appreciate any suggestions.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: 600e Pitch/Throttle Curves

If you're flying 3D you dont need but 3 points, full neg, 0, and full positive.

If you're trying to tweak a 7 point curve, you dont do it any different than a nitro but personally I dont see the point, my 11x does all that fancy stuff and I have most of the pitch points inhibited on all by my scale birds and they use 5 point.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:52 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Read your response and it leaves a lot to be imagined. Are you saying run a linear curve from L to H position? If this is the case than I should be running O degrees of pitch at L and +9 degrees of pithch at H. Is this correct?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:57 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

No, what I meant was most 3D type pilots (which seems to be nearly everyone today) run something like -12 to +12 linear with 0 at mid stick, hover at 3/4 stick and inverted hover at 1/4 stick.

Other than that, pitch curves work the same way on electric as nitro.

As for throttle curves, that depends on your esc. If its a good one like a Castle and you can enable governor mode, just plug it into a programming card or laptop (Castlelink) , set your desired head speed, and you're done.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:10 AM
augerin2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even with a stock ESC. you can run a flat throttle curve. All of my helis are set to flat curves. Most depending on the heli and the motor + ESC. For example my 500 with the Align 500MX motor is running at 98% flat. My 450 with a Scorpian motor is the same. If your not going to fly 3d or if your flying scale it's more trial & error maybe others could chime in here who have scale helis of the same size & motor/ esc combinations as you
Hope this helps