Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

First build. 500

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 PM
wkuhn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First build. 500

Ok, gurus of rc land. I am planning on my first build and want to build a 500. My budget is not bad but it is not great so i'm gonna have to go with a Trex clone. I was kinda looking for some suggestions on the electronics and a good clone kit. The bird will be mostly doing scale style flying but i know me and i will flip it from time to time. Any help you guys could give me will be greatly appreciated. Oh and i'm using a DX6i just so you guys know. Go ahead and fire away with some build ideas.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
gi1mo2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First build. 500

I have build an HK500GT, and had serious problems with the tail. I have replaced with an Align part, and it's not bad. I don't know for sure if I have solved the problem yet. I have a thread going on the Hobby King forum and there are several responses there:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f....asp?TID=13450

I have also recently built an Align Trex 500 ESP Super Combo, and that one is solid. I have created a video comparing the two. You will notice the parts at the end of the video. Receiver is Orange DSM2 6 channel on the HK500GT and an AR7000 on the Trex 500.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0uqqxcTkXs[/youtube]

Gilles