Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Trex 550 question

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex 550 question

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 06:58 AM
rc_heli_flier
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 550 question

What position are you guys mounting the carbon fiber mount plate in - the upper or lower position, and why? I've thought about this and my reasoning for maybe putting it in the lower position would be to have a place to mount the rx. I figured this would be safer than mounting the rx. to the bottom plate in case of a crash.
I'm also trying to determine the best position to mount the flybarless control unit. Where have you guys determined is the best place for it? I wanted to put it up close to the gyro unit but the leads wouldn't reach to the bottom of the heli where I want to mount the rx.
Thanks.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:43 AM
augerin2

Default RE: Trex 550 question

There are many opionions on this I didn't use the tray. I have my Rx mounted on the botom plate with the 3g unit sensor mouted on the anti-rotation bracket. To date I've had no issues with this locations. The heli flys great. no wag or other issues. I fly light 3d (still learning ). As far as the 3g sensor goes I used 1 of the included gyro pads under the sensor with great success. I don't know what your running or planning to run for batteries, I'm running the Gens ace 5300mah 6s battieries from hobbyparts. They are rated at 25c which I've been told by a friend who also uses them that this is a conservative rateing, & they can be charged at a 5c rate. At a cost of $95.00 shipped very cost effective.
Hope this info helps. Keep us posted on how you make out.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:02 PM
msbellemeade

Default RE: Trex 550 question

I just started building an align T-Rex 550E and would like to know the setup for the T-Rex and the spektrum DX8.
This needs to be a setup for beginners and normal flight. Help me if ya can
      Thanks