Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: 450 clones

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

450 clones

Looking to replace my aging Trex 450 with a new 450 TT pro setup. I've been looking at Tarot & EXI. anyone have any opinions on these kits. Don't need the electronics. I have all that on my current 450 ie HiTech HG65MG x3 on cyclic, Align DS 420 tail, Align GP780 Gyro, Align 35x esc & Scorpian motor. Just wondering how fit, finish & compatability with Trex parts when they need to be replaced would be.
    Thanks
    Jimmy R
    SE Mass
    Trex 450
    Trex 500 ESP now as of 12/25/10
    Trex 550e
    Blade MSR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 450 clones

Check out this page.. I have 8 clones and each one flies awesome.. for less than the cost of 3 genuine align 450s.

http://74.50.85.67/RC/Helis/Helis.html

One kit cost me $10 and has over 500 flights and is going strong..

I recommend the HK450 GT or the HK 450 Pro TT.. both of those kits are around $60 and your electronics will fit perfectly..

They are great helis..

Here is a vid of each..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-si10pPToXY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdZGaEe02VM[/youtube]

..... frakkin cylons...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello, Just recieved a HK450 v2 carbon, now built and just need to program my Futaba 10c an any one help with the settings before I pull the rest of my hair out, I live in Ireland with no flyer's within 70miles, so no help unless I ship tranny and helly to Dublin with 100euro.
    Thank you
    Dennis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello, Just recieved a HK450 v2 carbon, now built and just need to program my Futaba 10c an any one help with the settings before I pull the rest of my hair out, I live in Ireland with no flyer's within 70miles, so no help unless I ship tranny and helly to Dublin with 100euro.
    Thank you
    Dennis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: augerin2

Looking to replace my aging Trex 450 with a new 450 TT pro setup. I've been looking at Tarot & EXI. anyone have any opinions on these kits. Don't need the electronics. I have all that on my current 450 ie HiTech HG65MG x3 on cyclic, Align DS 420 tail, Align GP780 Gyro, Align 35x esc & Scorpian motor. Just wondering how fit, finish & compatability with Trex parts when they need to be replaced would be.
    Thanks
    If you want something to replace your Trex, go with the Tarot. I have had all of these and the EXI/HK/CopterX are all good but fit, finish, bearings, etc are much better on the Tarot. Also, the Tarot (from what I can tell) is 100% compatible with the Trex. Some items on the others are slightly different like in the torque tube and tail shaft (the EXI TT tail shaft does not work in a Trex or Tarot due to the dia of the shaft at the bearings).
    There is an art to flying an RC Helicopter. The art lies in learning how to throw it at the ground and miss.