Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Where to buy a Trex 500 clone?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Where to buy a Trex 500 clone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Von Ohain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy a Trex 500 clone?

Hi!

I got a bit of an emergency. I had a major crash today, due to a servo linkage failure.
So i need a new trex 500 clone, FAST.
HK is on backorder, xheli.com has a ridicilous shipping fee on international orders.
So my question is, do anyone of you know of a shop who sells Trex 500 clone copters?
Preferably from the same factory as the HK500/EXI500, since thats what i got spare parts for.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:48 PM
grawyl

Default RE: Where to buy a Trex 500 clone?

Try CopterX sold by Ehirobo

[link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=334_174&products_id=9839&osCsid=ivrmv1qcvlap7jhk31eq0jut67]CX500SE-TT V2[/link]
Old 07-28-2011, 01:11 AM
ehirobo ehirobo

Or if you wants something cheaper can try the aluminum frame cx 500AE too.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:45 AM
Von Ohain

Thank you very much
Old 09-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Top Gigzter
My Feedback: (2)

Hey everyone, im new here but been a member of RCU since 2009...I must admit, im really glad i finally took time to check this forum out, its amazing and seems to be full of very knowledgeable people too. That being said, i have only been flying helis since last year, before that it was all planes. So, in spite of sounding stupid, can someone tell me if the Trex 500 clone parts actually work on the Align Trex 500? I am really hoping you guys tell me that they will because i have been buying only factory re placement parts and i must say, there quite expensive..:? Anyways, sorry for the dumb question, but im still learning the ins and outs of the Trex 500 and where the best deals are. Thanks to all!

Stephen
Old 09-23-2011, 10:42 AM
ATVAlliance

ORIGINAL: Top Gigzter

Hey everyone, im new here but been a member of RCU since 2009...I must admit, im really glad i finally took time to check this forum out, its amazing and seems to be full of very knowledgeable people too. That being said, i have only been flying helis since last year, before that it was all planes. So, in spite of sounding stupid, can someone tell me if the Trex 500 clone parts actually work on the Align Trex 500? I am really hoping you guys tell me that they will because i have been buying only factory re placement parts and i must say, there quite expensive..:? Anyways, sorry for the dumb question, but im still learning the ins and outs of the Trex 500 and where the best deals are. Thanks to all!

Stephen
I dont know if they are 100% compatible...but I would say that they are. I do own an EXI500 as well...but "knock on wood" Ive not crashed it nor have any spare parts yet for it.

The thing here is that MOST people buy the clone heli and upgrade using the TREX parts. Thats what I do with my 450 and all of the Align parts I have bought have worked. However, I havent rebuilt the entire heli...so I cant say that they are 100% compatible. Also, when speaking about upgrading using align parts...Im only talking about shafts and gear sets. I wouldnt upgrade my head or tail with Align as the EXI head and tail are fine for me.

I do know that it seems, at least to me, the Align shafts are stronger than the generic ones. But really that is just my opinion as it seems that every minor incident I had with EXI shafts...they bent, while I had a light crash once with an Align shaft and it did not. That may be the exception and not the rule though.

Again...just seems that you are doing it backwards by owning a real Align heli and wanting to use the clone parts. But I do understand the cost difference...so I dont blame you.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Top Gigzter
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the reply Speed Demon,i was thinking the same way, except i ended up buying the TRex and then trying to find replacement parts...Should have asked this question sooner, might have saved myself some money..lol