Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Old 07-28-2012, 12:59 AM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

ORIGINAL: Flying Fiz

Here was the fun part of the afternoon. First ever flight with this Parkzone Wildcat

http://youtu.be/aCGZNiLXVPE
I was going to upload my vid of the perfect first flight with the Gaui X5, and I might, because it has some comedy value - my timer goes off I need to land it and this woman lets her big red dog into the park and he screams across the park and tries to leap up as I'm organising a landing. I forget what I said to her, but I was thinking if you dont what you dog decapitated get it the F**K of the flying field!

Have a good weekend all

Phil
You so have to upload that video.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:46 AM
ingleburn

If you upgrade your ZYX to the new firmware make sure you read this first. www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php
Seems to be a good upgrade but caution needed and make sure to set the tail up for rate mode.
Just upgraded mine and will test tomorrow if the wind stops and hoping it fixes the dreaded right turn problems.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:21 AM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

If you upgrade your ZYX to the new firmware make sure you read this first. www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php
Seems to be a good upgrade but caution needed and make sure to set the tail up for rate mode.
Just upgraded mine and will test tomorrow if the wind stops and hoping it fixes the dreaded right turn problems.
Good info - thanks!

I have a dilema. My red HK-450 fbl is the sweetest flying heli I've flown & I am begrudged to change her! The flipside is that some of the improvements in the firmware update are just what I wanted.

Actually, thinking aloud, my slightly out of favour second fbl 450 could be the test mule. Yes, I like that idea better!

It's also good to know that Tarot have not dropped the original zyx (in favour of the zyx-s) and are still developing the products firmware

Simon

Old 07-28-2012, 03:52 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Good info - thanks!

I have a dilema. My red HK-450 fbl is the sweetest flying heli I've flown & I am begrudged to change her! The flipside is that some of the improvements in the firmware update are just what I wanted.

Actually, thinking aloud, my slightly out of favour second fbl 450 could be the test mule. Yes, I like that idea better!

It's also good to know that Tarot have not dropped the original zyx (in favour of the zyx-s) and are still developing the products firmware

Simon

I know what you mean Simon. If I had a perfect flying heli I wouldnt change it either.
Be interested in what you think when you do the other 1.
If I wasnt so stubborn I would bite the bullet and change my 933's for the Inolabs but I figure sooner or later Ill crash and Ill do it then.
Then you will have yours perfect and Ill pinch your settings.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:02 AM
ahamay

Thanks for the heads up on the firmware upgrade.

Iwas just going back over my settings and I think the turning right problem has to do with the rc deadband on the tail. I've been using the soft 3d settings as a starting point and I think the rc deadband on the tail is around 60 default. All reports is that this figure is too high and needs to be much lower like 10-20. I've got mine set at 10 now.

If you do a bench test and put the heli in rate mode and play with the rudder the tail slider does some some really strange things like move slow and then snap at each end of the travel and it's a bit jerky. You can see the difference if you then lower this setting.

Ichanged a bunch of things to fix my not turning right issue but I'm not 100% sure on what was the fix, but the deadband is possibly the number one suspect at this point.

Keep us posted if you get the fly.

Jonesy

Old 07-28-2012, 04:52 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Thanks for the heads up on the firmware upgrade.

Iwas just going back over my settings and I think the turning right problem has to do with the rc deadband on the tail. I've been using the soft 3d settings as a starting point and I think the rc deadband on the tail is around 60 default. All reports is that this figure is too high and needs to be much lower like 10-20. I've got mine set at 10 now.

If you do a bench test and put the heli in rate mode and play with the rudder the tail slider does some some really strange things like move slow and then snap at each end of the travel and it's a bit jerky. You can see the difference if you then lower this setting.

Ichanged a bunch of things to fix my not turning right issue but I'm not 100% sure on what was the fix, but the deadband is possibly the number one suspect at this point.

Keep us posted if you get the fly.

Jonesy

My deadbands have always been at 20 so I would count that out. Puting the D/R to 100 sorted all my issues out on the bench but untill I can fly in less wind I dont know whether its sorted or not.
Then again I loaded the new firmware so anything could happen.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:19 AM
rikybob

@ Jonesy - Thanks for clogging up the thread! That's a great idea re: leaving the cable plugged in! I knew that I would need to add tail gain etc but chanced it to no avail. I'm really lookin' at the Tarot FBL Pro closely OOmodel makes a good deal! Hmmmmm yet another 450 that's too big for my front yard or the 130x??? Re: the APS gyro. Re: those things are interesting but unless you are flying a 3000.00USD Goblin, not cost effective! [link=http://www.bertrc.com/about]This[/link] fella is world class and flies at my club. Although I've yet to meet him, he is doing R/D on that same APS type gyro. Interesting things to come I think?? Re: ***holes on other forums. Yup, really awful side of the human condition![:@]

@ Ingleburn - Re: never getting my heli's in frame "I resemble that remark"!

@ Hugh - Yer right. I have an "Orange" 7 channel in the post to me as we speak and in the 14 days it will take to get here I will rebuild the Terror Pigeon replete with DS 410's and an Align tail servo to top it off! Yah, the tail is T/T but I can see how swinging the belt around would SCREW you up! I have decided NOT to give up but rather buy the right equipment and make it work!

@ Phil - 1st I'm GUTTED for ya re: that Gaui! Grrrrrrrrr![:@] Glad there were NO injuries!! Re: 130x Thanx for the review! Yah, you may have too many obstructions and the MCP X for yard flyin' is prolly your best bet! Look forward to the "oval test"! Re: the back yard. I'm gonna sit on my 1st 130x for some months and wait for #2 to come out! The Wildcat looks like GREAT fun!! I still WANT me a F/G sheep and covet yours' ooooh so much and on the clothes line I swear I saw a Phil sized "banana hammock"????

@ Ken - Yah, I'm in the stage of where I would rather, perhaps watch the ENTIRE Battle Star Galactica series on Netflix that spend HOURS and HOURS toiling away at the work bench. I go through the phases but sometimes I don't come out and trash whatever hobby I'm in! I'll come out though me thinx! PS the gauge is FREE for my Android!! Thanx!

@ All - Enjoyed the blather and it inspires me to want to continue with the hobby. Many thanx!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBgnskRctIQ[/youtube]
Old 07-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Tinkman

Hey Guys,
I've been lurking for the past month or so and still enjoy the posts. I haven't flown in quite some time. Too much wind and work. I swear this is the longest windy season we've had in years. I may just have to gut it out and fly!
I accidentally ordered one of those 808 #16 V2 cams this morning. My original 3 have seen better days, and now that my coworker is learning to fly, he wants to 1st person vid his attempts. I don't think the cam is going to last long... (many crashes).
Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still alive and checking in on you each morning... and getting jealous!

Happy Flying!

Joaquin
Old 07-28-2012, 07:41 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Tinkman

Hey Guys,
I've been lurking for the past month or so and still enjoy the posts. I haven't flown in quite some time. Too much wind and work. I swear this is the longest windy season we've had in years. I may just have to gut it out and fly!
I accidentally ordered one of those 808 #16 V2 cams this morning. My original 3 have seen better days, and now that my coworker is learning to fly, he wants to 1st person vid his attempts. I don't think the cam is going to last long... (many crashes).
Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still alive and checking in on you each morning... and getting jealous!

Happy Flying!

Joaquin
Glad yer still with us Joaquin!!

Yah, the consensus at the flying club is that you should fly in the wind as it's good for you (ala Rob in AU)!

Now we just need to find who absconded with the "Greek". I have theories!

b
Old 07-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Ddaddy

Brain, so funny, one thing I did was buy the whole Stargate serious and watched those...10 years worth! Almost bought the DS9 series too!

Phil, ouch! I hear about and hate these stories...with spread spectrum this just doesn't supposed to happen! We need some troubkeshooting aid. PS Keep the 130 away from the bermuda triangle!

Old 07-28-2012, 02:59 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Brian great to hear! I've been in your shoes.
  Cut the field today It is hot and humid up here, Flew the 550 for a short flight, the sweat was pouring off me making my hands slip on the radio,
it was not much fun! Hers a quick video.
   Hugh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5tbWbBSnqw[/youtube]
Old 07-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,

This is what will turn out to be my last flight with the Gaui X5 FES, as when it is repaired it is up for sale. I already have two guys that want to buy it. Still not sure what the issue was as it was identical to the last time I lost the signal and hence control and it also happened in the exact same spot outside the flying field.

Anyways this vid is amusing as I sort of lost it when this person let there big red dog onto the field which clearly says "RC Flying Field Members Only - Keep out" just as it was coming in to land . I forgot what I yelled at the owner but now that I've listened to the tape I think I may have been slightly exagerating! Enjoy!!

http://youtu.be/eammmkJlT88

Best Phil
Old 07-28-2012, 08:15 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Flying Fiz

Hi Guys,

This is what will turn out to be my last flight with the Gaui X5 FES, as when it is repaired it is up for sale. I already have two guys that want to buy it. Still not sure what the issue was as it was identical to the last time I lost the signal and hencecontrol and it also happened in the exact same spot outside the flying field.

Anyways this vid is amusing as I sort of lost it when this person let there big red dog onto the field which clearly says "RC Flying Field Members Only -Keep out" just as it was coming in to land. I forgot what I yelled atthe ownerbut now that I've listened to the tape I think I may have been slightly exagerating! Enjoy!!

http://youtu.be/eammmkJlT88

Best Phil
What you said worked as the dog wasnt around for long.
Hope the new owner doesnt get the same clitch as you or else you might get a please explain.
No flying for me today as its to windy and was up all night with 2 sick kids.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:16 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hey Guys,

Happy Flying!

Joaquin
Glad yer still with us Joaquin!!

Yah, the consensus at the flying club is that you should fly in the wind as it's good for you (ala Rob in AU)!

Now we just need to find who absconded with the "Greek". I have theories!

b
It wasnt me.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Flying Fiz

Another backyeard flight with the 130X coupled with some Brian like Blatherin, but I'm not really in the same league.

Great little heli this!! No issues to report yet.

http://youtu.be/Bgzb6SQg0XE
Old 07-29-2012, 03:11 AM
rikybob

@ Ken - Yah, I'm afraid on these HOT days that you just DON'T want to go outside NETFLIX is your friend. It should take me a while to get through "Breaking Bad" which is an AMAZING series and now with BSG, I may not see the middle of the day for some time!

@ Hugh - It's so HOT here in Florida that I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were BOTH walking!

@ Phil - Many thanx for the viddys! Comments posted on Youtube!

@ Ingleburn - I've narrowed the disappearance down to two Aussies!

@ Jonesy - Ordered me another 5 USD USB so I can commit the 30ct connection line to my Coast Guard fuse!

@ All - Have a happy Sunday (Monday)!

b
Old 07-29-2012, 06:52 AM
Tinkman

Beaking Bad is awesome! We got hooked on Weeds and Tru Blood as well. That's usually how our weekend mornings are spent.

Joaquin
Old 07-29-2012, 07:18 AM
rikybob

Beaking Bad is awesome! We got hooked on Weeds and Tru Blood as well. That's usually how our weekend mornings are spent.

Joaquin

Went back to weeds (thank you Netflix) and apparently I'm still in love with the "doe eyed" Mary Louis Parker (she is sooooooooo HOT)! I'm at the "MILF weed" episode! Been hooked on HBO's TruBlood since inception (will be home tonight in time to watch) and all the other fantastic series HBO has to offer i.e. Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood and the Sopranos!

Yah, it's sooooooo hot here unless you are in a bathing suit you really don't venture outside between 1000 and 1800! That's a CHUNK of the day!

I rekon I will pull the carcass of the HK 450GT from my Agusta 109e fuse and put it back together, fly it and then disassemble same and install ALL new servos! Wait for the parts pieces to arrive so's I can re install back into the Agusta fuse in a few weeks!

All the best and a very little viddy blather to follow!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvbSJDyuhbI[/youtube]
Old 07-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Ddaddy

Hot weather, thats why they made cold beer ; )

And a good time to sight see

But yesterday it was so hot my heli motor was 150 on the IR....that's before the flight!

Edit...Me and my big mouth...I think the heat crashed my heli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mUdFHXm2jo&feature=plcp

Old 07-29-2012, 04:01 PM
ahamay

@Phil -That's bad news on the Gaui, such a shame as that heli is a beast. Im guessing it's the reciever that's playing up then based on what your saying ? Good to see the 130x is living up to expectations.

@Ken - sorry about the crash mate...looks like a low voltage cutoff situation, although the esc should reduce the power down a bit smoother than that.

@Hugh - that 550 looks great in the air. We often get those extreme hot temperatures in our Australian summers so Iknow what your talking about. We do get a seabreeze linving so close to the coastline here which helps.

I did 7 packs this morning before work on the Tarot after the little incident on the weekend with the elevator servo not initialising. Strange thing is it happened again on the 7th pack, as I religously check this now and picked it up. Imoved the servo horn a little and replugged the battery and it was all good. Not sure if the servo is on it's way out or what ?

I've played around with a few of the zyx settings and I think I have it dialled in where Ilike it now. As I've been reducing the dual rates closer to 100% I've had to reduce the RC deadband down to 10 ish on roll and pitch and the tail to get some finer control as I was having a real problem trying the land the heli with is washing around all over the place.

I've still got a little bobble on forward back elevator if you stop quickly but it's no big deal.

Have a great day... Jonesy
Old 07-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Ddaddy

Jonesy, glad your liking the zyx, I think it's great.

My crash is weird, each cell was 3.85 ish volts afterward and I've flown to 3.7 with no lvc before. Range tested and at 36 paces. Hopefully something will turn up after the rebuild. Gotta decide to put the esc on the outside of replace it. Glad I got it on video.

Cheers all,
Ken
Old 07-29-2012, 04:33 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Jonesy, glad your liking the zyx, I think it's great.

My crash is weird, each cell was 3.85 ish volts afterward and I've flown to 3.7 with no lvc before. Range tested and at 36 paces. Hopefully something will turn up after the rebuild. Gotta decide to put the esc on the outside of replace it. Glad I got it on video.

Cheers all,
Ken
Check the LVC cutoff setting on your esc just in case it's screwed up. My LVC voltage setting is adjustable. It maybe higher than what you want. Just a thought.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Flying Fiz

Jonesy,

I think you are correct that it’s the receiver. When I had my DX8 repaired they tested the signal it puts out and it was super strong according to their results.

The damage wasn’t too bad, only blades and boom, which will also mean FS and TT. But not bad - hitting TH early really helps.

But it will be up for sale now, sans receiver, I just wouldn't have a clear conscience if I sold it as is.

Best, Phil
Old 07-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Kozzy_98

Hey guys,

Im building another helicopter, this time it is an MT frame. This is the frame/version that does not have actual screw holes, but rather it just has a slot for the servo and a small slot next to that. I have no idea how to mount the servos (HK929MG). I have already done Simon's mod of cutting off the little ridges on the servo mounting arms.

As I said, the frame is not like a GT where there are actual screw holes and I am completly and truly stuck! Will it be time to simply hot glue the servos into position? Surely not...

Hope all is better in your building worlds,

Pav
Old 07-30-2012, 01:42 AM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hey guys,

Im building another helicopter, this time it is an MT frame. This is the frame/version that does not have actual screw holes, but rather it just has a slot for the servo and a small slot next to that. I have no idea how to mount the servos (HK929MG). I have already done Simon's mod of cutting off the little ridges on the servo mounting arms.

As I said, the frame is not like a GT where there are actual screw holes and I am completly and truly stuck! Will it be time to simply hot glue the servos into position? Surely not...

Hope all is better in your building worlds,

Pav
Hi Kozzy,

You need to use the servo mounts that look like the 6 shown on this product page. They slot into the little slots and then you screw into them with self taping screws.

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.a...394001226095#2

Simon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.