Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:55 AM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

ORIGINAL: rikybob

... right itself then head back to Ddaddy....
I LIKE THIS! My collection is gonna really grow! [img][/img]

I crash with orientation to...Sometimes I can't tell if the tail is away from me or toward me...these dang floaters don't help either!

2 Thai hookers...last longer than a pack?!

Ken

I see some artistic license was taken with the (D)Daddy reference above??

My problem is I confine myself to my front yard like an igit and don't go to my flying field. It gets away easily from me.

That EBO was smart and graduated from his back yard to the Dog Park and incrementally taught himself orientation over time. Interestingly enough he carried his 450 with him on holiday (into the Moors I recall) and due to the area having a different back drop he drilled his bird into the ground with a vengeance!

Thai hookers. I love Thai hookers!

b

Old 07-09-2012, 02:26 PM
aircrash

Brian, give Buzz my greetings.

Kozzy, Peter`s too.

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Just found this little gem. Im sure Phil would love one but Spiros will have a heart attack. www.wattsuprc.com.au/goods.php

Actually I nearly dropped off my chair as well. What were they thinking.

Oh and you need this as well to make it work. www.wattsuprc.com.au/goods.php

Anyone got a cool $1100 lying around to try it out.
I think it`s like in every hobby.
There is someone, more than one some maybe, that will get this one at this price as the price does not matter if you`re the one.
Once I paid 350€ for a PCCD-R, 350€ for a CPU (and upgraded a few times), 300€ for a graphics card with real time mpeg2 encoding (captruring), 350€ for 256MB PC150 ****M (bought from USA), etc... you see I wanted a high end PCfor DV editing and such. I could wait though as PCs were not ready for this.
Now... I am more than OK with a 35€ CPU, 30€ 4GB DDR2 (even with 2GB), 20€ GPU, etc
They did not only get cheaper, I realised it is not worth to try doing more than what you can have easily.

So if this system works and is useful then it will get cheaper by the time. I can wait.
Two years ago I was not convinced about CPs. Too expensive and low performance even from branded costly components.
This system except of cheaper it will get better by the time, if it makes it to be useful/needed.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:56 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: aircrash

Brian, give Buzz my greetings.

Kozzy, Peter`s too.

Just found this little gem. Im sure Phil would love one but Spiros will have a heart attack. www.wattsuprc.com.au/goods.php

Actually I nearly dropped off my chair as well. What were they thinking.

Oh and you need this as well to make it work. www.wattsuprc.com.au/goods.php

Anyone got a cool $1100 lying around to try it out.[img][/img]
I think it`s like in every hobby.
There is someone, more than one some maybe, that will get this one at this price as the price does not matter if you`re the one.
Once I paid 350€ for a PC CD-R, 350€ for a CPU (and upgraded a few times), 300€ for a graphics card with real time mpeg2 encoding (captruring), 350€ for 256MB PC150 ****M (bought from USA), etc... you see I wanted a high end PC for DV editing and such. I could wait though as PCs were not ready for this.
Now... I am more than OK with a 35€ CPU, 30€ 4GB DDR2 (even with 2GB), 20€ GPU, etc
They did not only get cheaper, I realised it is not worth to try doing more than what you can have easily.

So if this system works and is useful then it will get cheaper by the time. I can wait.
Two years ago I was not convinced about CPs. Too expensive and low performance even from branded costly components.
This system except of cheaper it will get better by the time, if it makes it to be useful/needed.

Hiya Spiros,

Re: above in red. I did the EXACT same thing. I had a wonderful Canon 1st generation Hi8 video camera that I took all the precious moments of my sons young life with. Problem was, is that the metal on the video tapes has a finite shelf life! So in the late '90's some of the tapes were now 10 years old and the oxide would soon give way![:@]

Lucky for me I KNOW PC's and assembled a PC just for the express purpose of dubbing over the video from ALL my tapes to DVD. It took weeks and weeks using a "DVD Bridge" and not the crappy app that came with it but another app to dubb over "my life" to a digital format! I got good at computers because they didn't see them off the shelf for my purpose.

Now I don't need anything fancy at all!

I'm on what HAS to be a 6 year old lap top and it works great!

I will sit and wait on the advanced GPS Gyro to get to a level that I can afford!!! Prolly by then I will be deep into Quads!!!

I like the art and finesse of flying the CP's but I will prolly never get much past "fish tanking", but I really like the idea of sending up a "GoPro" on a stable platform and do airial photography!

Would be neat to send your machine out a distance, get the video you need and be able to bring it home no problem. I am even interested in FPV as it matures to a level that one can depend on it!

All this is (well, it IS here but EXPENSIVE AS HELL!) just around the corner! Moores law is kickin' with model aviation!!!

All the best!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OdePTuQxHo[/youtube]
Old 07-09-2012, 03:08 PM
oldfrog
My Feedback: (1)

Gyro update,

Okay folks, I finally settled on a gyro and it's on the way. I ended up clicking
the BUY IT NOW button with no shame at all. I did give the auction side of it
a try, but, some people really get into it and pay more for a used item than
what a person can buy it new. I have a Spartan Quark Gold Metal Case on the
way.

I also learned a thing or two about the Turnigy 9X backlight kit...oop's !
My green one met an untimely death.
But, I did install the blue one with no mishaps. WATCH YOUTUBEFIRST!

Roger
Old 07-09-2012, 03:13 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: oldfrog

Gyro update,

Okay folks, I finally settled on a gyro and it's on the way. I ended up clicking
way.

But, I did install the blue one with no mishaps. WATCH YOUTUBE FIRST !

Roger

Yah, I don't bid on things on Fleabay, I just buy them but when I sell, I use Fleabay EVERY time. People will actually, if had the opportunity, buy SH1T on toast!

GOD BLESS THEM!!!!

They will pay retail for used stuff! Eeeeeediots! Bless each and every one of those stooooooopid "recreational buyers" of just JUNK!

Sorry to hear about the light kit. DOH!!!

You won't be sorry with the Quark. Keep allllll the boxes, invoices and everything b/c you will, in the coming months pack that thing off and actually sell it on Fleabay when you go FBL.

Here's the funny part. You will get nearly what you paid for it!!!

b
Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 PM
rikybob

Hmmmmmmm the Future is [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJWwXA5cHJc&feature=em-uploademail]NOW![/link]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJWwXA5cHJc&feature=em-uploademail[/youtube]

b
Old 07-09-2012, 08:59 PM
aircrash

Gyro update,

way.

Roger

Yah, I don't bid on things on Fleabay, I just buy them but when I sell, I use Fleabay EVERY time. People will actually, if had the opportunity, buy SH1T on toast!

GOD BLESS THEM!!!!

They will pay retail for used stuff! Eeeeeediots! Bless each and every one of those stooooooopid "recreational buyers" of just JUNK!

Sorry to hear about the light kit. DOH!!!

You won't be sorry with the Quark. Keep allllll the boxes, invoices and everything b/c you will, in the coming months pack that thing off and actually sell it on Fleabay when you go FBL.

Here's the funny part. You will get nearly what you paid for it!!!

b
I LOVE ebay !
I signed in so to get cheap Big Lama parts. Since then I have bought many things for the house, kid, car, etc
And I have bought a 40A esc as low as 4.59 Euro... (a recent example) and other things cheaper than the shop.
I hate the stooopid bidders though. I have won many things, some of them lost cause there were some who bid them even more than the buy it now price. All other won were at 1/3 to 2/3 the price of the retail price (shop`s or ebay`s).

My first internationally experience was the memory modules from USA more than a decade ago. Then my first Big Lama. And since then I have bought many things from UK, Italy, Germany and of course HK and China.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:32 AM
ingleburn

Roger
I was wondering why you bought 2. You must have sensed the doom of the first one.
What exactly did you do to it? I was more worried about frying my DX6i than wrecking the backlight..

Old 07-10-2012, 07:57 AM
rikybob

Hmmmmm......

I detect an old friend lurking.......shawnm67???!!!

b
Old 07-10-2012, 12:07 PM
shawnm67

Hmmmmm......

I detect an old friend lurking.......shawnm67???!!!

b
b, you are correct. After yet another move, I finally have my internet back working.
Now I have to try and knock off the heavy layer of rust and get the little mcpx unpacked and hopefully in the air! LOL
Old 07-10-2012, 02:03 PM
ahamay

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OdePTuQxHo[/youtube]
b, you might want to hold off opening the wallet on a 130x untill they sort out some of the problems with the v1. Just been watching some youtube clips and forum posts and there are a few issues with it straight from the box. Worth doing some research before purchase.

Jonesy.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:47 PM
oldfrog
My Feedback: (1)

@ ingleburn,

I ordered two because I couldn't decide between green or blue, but
after frying the green one...I decide on the blue one after all.

Well, the reason I fried the green one was because I seen that they operated
in a volt range of 8V-13V, so, when I received them, I precessed to eliminate
the plug, of which I discovered held a step down resister....DUH!

Instead of soldering the wires to the PCB for the on/off switch, I soldered them
to the wire harness at the power plug to avoid burning any components on the
printed circuit board.

Just to confirm, I installed the backlight in my DX6i. Tach tip, I suggest not
gluing the backlight components together...instead, use thin double back
tape. And also, do the installation while your radio is laying on a towel, this
will keep things from sliding around.

Roger

Old 07-10-2012, 03:35 PM
rikybob

@ Ingleburn - Agreed. They actually "Beta" test products on the unwary at H/H! Grrrrrrr!

@ Shawn - Glad you have settled......even just for a while!

@ Oldfrog - Ouch!

@ All - Kind of a big day today........after exercising my generator and doing all the other odds and ends I sat down to the carnage of my beloved HK450-GT affectionately known as the "Thunder Chicken". Parts of its frame were broken off at the screw hole and it just looked like a "junk yard dog".

So's I pulled it down completely and retired it <sniff, sniff>, I re-purposed all the salvageable components and tossed the frame in the trash bin!

It was bitter sweet!

I pulled down one of the DS410's and replaced the broken metal gear and that thing sounds loud! I figger if it works (I have yet to test it) I will use it as one of the retracts in the Agusta 190e build.

I am very slowly going to continue with the build as I have a vote of NO confidence in my DX7 in that the battery is prolly dead/dying.

Swiss post has my new Lipo battery en route but I rekon it will be weeks before I see same.

The T/T tail came for my 500 and I look forward to installing it in the coming weeks!

I kinda hope that aside from maidening my birds that I start to move more toward the field. I have to imagine that if I was out in the grass and away from the concrete that my last crash wouldn't have been as bad! Concrete is unforgiving!

All the best and I hope some of you are getting shum schickt time!

b
Old 07-10-2012, 05:03 PM
ingleburn

What is it with this GT.
Ever since its been converted to FBL its been nothing but trouble.
Changed the tail servo to my brand new Align DS425M yesterday, set it up and thought it would be good to go.
Strapped it to the test bench, spun it up and for the first minute all was great.
Then the dreaded wag returned worse than ever. Stopped it and find that the servo isnt working.
Popped the link off and turns out the problem all along was one of the tail blade grip screws had come loose and was within a turn or 2 of coming out.
That caused the tail to lock up so no wonder the servo wouldnt work. So end result is a cooked motor in the servo but luckily a grip didnt fly off and do any harm to me and it was strapped to the bench so no major crash either.
New servo on the way and on the bright side, have a spare set of gears and cases if I trash this 1 in a crash.

Anyone know if you can buy just the motors for servos?
Old 07-10-2012, 05:10 PM
rikybob

What is it with this GT. [img][/img]
Ever since its been converted to FBL its been nothing but trouble.
Changed the tail servo to my brand new Align DS425M yesterday, set it up and thought it would be good to go.
Strapped it to the test bench, spun it up and for the first minute all was great.
Then the dreaded wag returned worse than ever. Stopped it and find that the servo isnt working.
Popped the link off and turns out the problem all along was one of the tail blade grip screws had come loose and was within a turn or 2 of coming out. [img][/img]
That caused the tail to lock up so no wonder the servo wouldnt work. So end result is a cooked motor in the servo but luckily a grip didnt fly off and do any harm to me and it was strapped to the bench so no major crash either.
New servo on the way and on the bright side, have a spare set of gears and cases if I trash this 1 in a crash.

Anyone know if you can buy just the motors for servos?
Grrrrrrrr! Hate it for you!

I'm gettin' a little burnt out on my end but tryin' to keep me chin up!

I use the Align DS520 on my tail and it's great!

Dunno about any servo motor replacement but man, it had to be HOT to take a dump on you!

Glad you aren't worse for the wear!

b
Old 07-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi one and all,

I've been lurking while suffering from the dreaded MAN FLU.  All good now and I used my down time effectively.

I completely rebuilt and bench tested the Gaui X5 FBL, all good except no Gaui 520mm blades on the planet, so I ordered some $85 Edge mains.

Spektrum/HH agent in Australia fixed the DX8 for free and air freighted it back to me overnight last Thurs night, an threw in some freebies, clearly their guilty feelings at the DX8 being the cause of my Gaui crashing. They actually took the trouble to look at what I had previously purchased from them and sent me various spares for them.

I built another plane, it is a warbird trainer as I think I got ahead of my skill levels and totalled two foamies. But unlike a heli, you just glue them and reglue them until that dont work no more and then just buy another PNF for $60. So waaaay cheaper than helis.

Need to tweak the Gaui X4 a bit (gear mesh too tight) but it is clear that it will be the fastest 500 size heli I have, I dont know why but it fairly rockets across the field, even when you are trying to just cruise about. And it feels rock solid as it should.

Ingleburn, I would recommend a DS520 for the tail if you don't sort the 425. Good luck though.

Kozzi,  if you are concerned I purchased 2mm alloy rods, lighter than CF and easy to cut and put a flat spot on. Just make 15mm longer than previous tail and it will hold really well, my alloy tailed V1 held better than my stock V2.

Yes I thought about the Align GPS, and I've had three crashes due to lost of orientation where it would have been a heli saver, but I'm inclined to agree with Brian, $850 is over the top and the clone at say $150 may be worth a go!

Regards,
Phil
Old 07-10-2012, 05:52 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Flying Fiz

Hi one and all,

I've been lurking while suffering from the dreaded MAN FLU. All good now and I used my down time effectively.

I completely rebuilt and bench tested the Gaui X5 FBL, all good except no Gaui 520mm blades on the planet, so I ordered some $85 Edge mains.

Spektrum/HH agent in Australia fixed the DX8 for free and air freighted it back to me overnight last Thurs night, an threw in some freebies, clearly their guilty feelings at the DX8 being the cause of my Gaui crashing. They actually took the trouble to look at what I had previously purchased from them and sent me various spares for them.

I built another plane, it is a warbird trainer as I think I got ahead of my skill levels and totalled two foamies. But unlike a heli, you just glue them and reglue them until that dont work no more and then just buy another PNF for $60. So waaaay cheaper than helis.

Need to tweak the Gaui X4 a bit (gear mesh too tight) but it is clear that it will be the fastest 500 size heli I have, I dont know why but it fairly rockets across the field, even when you are trying to just cruise about. And it feels rock solid as it should.

Ingleburn, I would recommend a DS520 for the tail if you don't sort the 425. Good luck though.

Kozzi, if you are concerned I purchased 2mm alloy rods, lighter than CF and easy to cut and put a flat spot on. Just make 15mm longer than previous tail and it will hold really well, my alloy tailed V1 held better than my stock V2.

Yes I thought about the Align GPS, and I've had three crashes due to lost of orientation where it would have been a heli saver, but I'm inclined to agree with Brian, $850 is over the top and the clone at say $150 may be worth a go!

Regards,
Phil
+1!
Old 07-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Tahuyeh

@ oldfrog,

I can identify with your "frying the green one" saga... I did the same thing, not realizing the backlight panel connector had a dropping resistor as I joyfully cut it off to make for a cleaner installation!

What I did to save my dignity, was to pop out the burned out LEDs and glue in a couple of  these 3mm green LEDs I had left over from my HK-450 Hughes 500 lighting project. This time I soldered a 270 ohm resistor into the panel circuit. I may be a little biased, but I think the ol' DX6i screen looks very good with this modified mod installed.

Enjoy - Ray
Old 07-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Kozzy_98

Thanks for the tip with the 2mm Alloy rods, and I will make the tail 15mm longer. Ofcourse I don't really notice the tail bouncing out in my indoor living room hovers, but I suppose I will notice it as my skill progresses.

I can now do small pitch pumps, but I am still flying in normal mode. I haven't got the guts to flip that Stunt Mode switch just yet!!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kozzi,

Just leave it in normal mode, you don't need anything else to worry about.

Your brave I never flew mine inside, it moves too fast and can get hurt if it smashes into hard surfaces.

Much better if u can get out in the back yard or a park, much more forgiving on the heli, and much more fun!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Edmund2

Yet another person on he thread, welcome Ray. About time I get a light into my DX6i as well. The old eys are battling with the current situation.
With no honeysdoos -yet- for Saturday I do intend to get some stick time on the BIG ONE, but the weather forecast indicate that my plans may just get washed and blown away.

Some good reading posted in the last 10 days, so keep up the flying/re-building and avoid crashes at all costs.

Edmund

Old 07-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Kozzy_98

Hey guys, CLICKHERE

Hobbyking is gonna clone dem MCPX helicopters!
Im gonna buy a 9X, flash it and backlight mod it and there we have it. Cheapest way to learn CP by FAR!!!

My favourite thing is that it looks EXACTLY the same as an MCPX except for the board. This could mean dirt cheap parts. Even if they don't last, I'll break 'em!

Sorry for the excitement, but I couldn't resist!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:46 AM
aircrash

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hey guys, CLICKHERE

Im gonna buy a 9X, flash it and backlight mod it and there we have it. Cheapest way to learn CP by FAR!!!

My favourite thing is that it looks EXACTLY the same as an MCPX except for the board. This could mean dirt cheap parts. Even if they don't last, I'll break 'em!

Too expensive.
I`m not interested to the radio and more enough the supplied radio is a very basic one.
So it is actually more expensive than a BNF mCPX or than a Walkera Genius CPRTF (if you count you need a decent radio that Walkera has even better than the 9x).

Too expensive, bad deal.
I think they should reconsider their prices. They think the wrong way. You don`t sell thousands with this price.
First the mcpx carbon fiber skids, now this.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:49 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98
Hey guys, CLICKHERE
If this was spektrum compatible it would be ok, but this is too expensive for a propietary heli/radio.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Kozzy_98

Oh dear

On the plus side, cheap spare parts such as servos and tail booms would be compatible....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.