Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 09:06 PM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Part II of this thread continued from -> http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10052781/tm.htm

Old 03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
ahamay

Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

The admins can merge these two threads if they want after they sort out why the other one is not working as it should.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Kozzy_98

Well I have spent the last few hours discharging to nominal voltage and balancing back up to full, seems to be working. Thanks guys.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:27 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ahamay
The admins can merge these two threads if they want after they sort out why the other one is not working as it should.
The link to this thread in the new email notification appears to be working. Hopefully it lasts.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:30 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98
Well I have spent the last few hours discharging to nominal voltage and balancing back up to full, seems to be working. Thanks guys.
You might have got lucky with this pack, but keep an eye on it and like fiz said get yourself a charge bag if you don't alreayd have one. Personally I would be replacing this pack as I would not trust it from now on.

Jonesy

Old 03-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still got the error for the part I.    I'll see if I can get straight into this via email notification, when I get one.

Well done Jonesy!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:21 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Flying Fiz
I still got the error for the part I. I'll see if I can get straight into this via email notification, when I get one.
Well done Jonesy!
There's something screwed up with that part 1 thread, hopefully the admins can sort it out. This one seems to be working fine including the email links.

Jonesy

Old 03-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Flying Fiz

Yep straight in via the email link.

Hoepfully the rest of the clan will catch on. Maybe a bulk PM if there's such a thing.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:25 PM
ahamay

New main shaft and feathering shaft arrived for the 450 FBL head on the 450GT that I blade slapped on the weekend when it tipped over. I can nearly swap feathing shafts with my eyes shut these days. Hopefull for a better crack at a maiden after they are installed in the next day or so.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Flying Fiz

Great, look forward to it, is that the heli with the Gaui FBL unit?

I'll be reversing my gyro in the Trex 500 Ar7200BXnow that the TX is all charged up and changing some of the settings in the Beast X to up the gain a bit.

I think I have discovered why I have had lots of dramas with my Trex 450 Pro V2 3GX - just discovered that the gyro MUST be set to Aux 2channel and not to the Gear channel as per every other Gyro I have! Nothing in the manual for the 3GX stating this but other owners have posted this is one of the main probs that owners(including me) have. That and a tiny bit of up and down slop in the main shaft. I have put in two shims to fix, so one more may do the trick - if not fixed and flying properly this weekendI'm selling this little sucker and buying something else!

Regards,

Phil.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:42 PM
ahamay

I'll be reversing my gyro in the Trex 500 Ar7200BXnow that the TX is all charged up and changing some of the settings in the Beast X to up the gain a bit.
I think I have discovered why I have had lots of dramas with my Trex 450 Pro V2 3GX - just discovered that the gyro MUST be set to Aux 2channel and not to the Gear channel as per every other Gyro I have! Nothing in the manual for the 3GX stating this but other owners have posted this is one of the main probs that owners(including me) have. That and a tiny bit of up and down slop in the main shaft. I have put in two shims to fix, so one more may do the trick - if not fixed and flying properly this weekendI'm selling this little sucker and buying something else!
Regards,
Phil.
Yes the GU-365 Gaui unit. I have it setup as per the manual. I'll see how I go with it.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:46 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

New main shaft and feathering shaft arrived for the 450 FBL head on the 450GT that I blade slapped on the weekend when it tipped over. I can nearly swap feathing shafts with my eyes shut these days. Hopefull for a better crack at a maiden after they are installed in the next day or so.

Thats what Im hoping for as well. No work tomorrow and forcast is for fine weather and light winds. Took the MCPX out for a while today just to get my thumbs working again. Noticed the tail was blowing out so swapped it with a CF one I made and works a treat.
I was just thinking the other day that the problems with this thread is its getting to big. Good work on starting part 2, hope the problems dissapear. Good luck with the maiden. Hopefully Ill have a video posted of mine tomorrow.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:54 PM
ingleburn

Regards,

Phil.
Hope it all works out. If not I supose why keep flogging a dead horse.
Quick question for you.
Been looking at these and they finally are off back order. Want to start building the pro and put them in it.
www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp
www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp
Eventually its going FBL so will they work?
Doesnt bother me buying the Align ones but wouldnt mind trying them first.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Kozzy_98

Hey guys, my lipo probably wont be able to balance, but I can charge it fairly close to full capacity ATM. We will see how it holds after a few flights, but fingers crossed nothing happens!

Will go to Hobbies in the Hills tomorrow to buy a DX6i Mode 2 so I can do my maiden shortly after that. In the meantime I am still fixing little niggles here and there.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
ingleburn

Hey guys, my lipo probably wont be able to balance, but I can charge it fairly close to full capacity ATM. We will see how it holds after a few flights, but fingers crossed nothing happens!

Will go to Hobbies in the Hills tomorrow to buy a DX6i Mode 2 so I can do my maiden shortly after that. In the meantime I am still fixing little niggles here and there.
If you havent got your radio yet you still have a lot of work to do.
Binding Rx
Setting arms at 90%
Levelling swash
Setting zero pitch
Programing radio
The funs about to start

Old 03-19-2012, 11:10 PM
aircrash

Hmm, many li-po voltage meters have a tolerance and so you may get a different reading for each cell although battery`s ( cell`s ) voltage is actually the same.
Better check the accurancy of your li-po voltage meter by measuring each cell by a high accurancy multimeter (or voltage meter).
If you get the same reading across the cells but the li-po voltage meter gives different then you will know.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:43 AM
Rob2160

Just PM'd you my mobile... Text when you are in the area and I'll meet you at the Hobby Shop...

I'll bring a heli or two and if you have time we can stop at a nearby park...
Old 03-20-2012, 02:15 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Just PM'd you my mobile... Text when you are in the area and I'll meet you at the Hobby Shop...

I'll bring a heli or two and if you have time we can stop at a nearby park...
When did you get back into town?

Old 03-20-2012, 02:26 AM
fleetz

Thought it was just me, the part II works when I get email notifications..Part 1 won't connect.

Ian
Old 03-20-2012, 03:48 AM
aircrash

Is HKS-9257 any good?
Is Emax ES9257 better?
Is there any cheap 9257 clone that works OK along with the LHGY520 ? No 3D stuff (you know me), just working OK at normal flight.
I would like a cheaper than the 3DPro that Simon has tested.

And what if I run it at 5.2V ? Will it burn out ?
Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

I'll be reversing my gyro in the Trex 500 Ar7200BX now that the TX is all charged up and changing some of the settings in the Beast X to up the gain a bit.

I think I have discovered why I have had lots of dramas with my Trex 450 Pro V2 3GX - just discovered that the gyro MUST be set to Aux 2 channel and not to the Gear channel as per every other Gyro I have! Nothing in the manual for the 3GX stating this but other owners have posted this is one of the main probs that owners (including me) have. That and a tiny bit of up and down slop in the main shaft. I have put in two shims to fix, so one more may do the trick - if not fixed and flying properly this weekend I'm selling this little sucker and buying something else!

Regards,

Phil.
Hope it all works out. If not I supose why keep flogging a dead horse.
Quick question for you.
Been looking at these and they finally are off back order. Want to start building the pro and put them in it.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...h_viewItem.asp
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...h_viewItem.asp
Eventually its going FBL so will they work?
Doesnt bother me buying the Align ones but wouldnt mind trying them first.

I'm not Phil but I have a moment and own both servos and have them on 2 450's.

LOVE 'EM!

The 922's fit in the GT without cracking the frame!!

b
Old 03-20-2012, 12:24 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

I'm not Phil but I have a moment and own both servos and have them on 2 450's.

LOVE 'EM!

The 922's fit in the GT without cracking the frame!!

b
Thanks Brian, just ordered.
Dont know whats going on with part 1 but took me ages to get on it. Love the comment.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Flying Fiz

Hi Ingleburn,

I have tried both of the 922's they were great. If they are truely digital, then fine for the FBL units.

Brian,

its good your not me, then we wouldn't have our "Old Pal Brian" who we all love so much. And just because I have a fetish for Align servos..."not that there's anything wrong with that"....

Back to helis, I did a test hover of the new Trex 500FBL on the garage roof last night, man was it smooth with that beastx, I just took off and it sat there without any movement at about chest height, more stable than an MCPX. I think I'm going to like this.

I also removed the slop out of the head of 450 3GX and can't wait to maiden her. I built this heli 6 months ago and it has never flown properly. Its now or never for it!   Two maidens on the one weekend woohoo! I think I'll need to lie down and have a cigarette after that, and I don't even smoke!

Regards,

Phil, not Brian!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:28 PM
ingleburn

Hi Ingleburn,

I have tried both of the 922's they were great. If they are truely digital, then fine for the FBL units.

Brian,

its good your not me, then we wouldn't have our "Old Pal Brian" who we all love so much. And just because I have a fetish for Align servos..."not that there's anything wrong with that"....

Back to helis, I did a test hover of the new Trex 500FBL on the garage roof last night, man was it smooth with that beastx, I just took off and it sat there without any movement at about chest height, more stable than an MCPX. I think I'm going to like this.

I also removed the slop out of the head of 450 3GX and can't wait to maiden her. I built this heli 6 months ago and it has never flown properly. Its now or never for it! Two maidens on the one weekend woohoo! I think I'll need to lie down and have a cigarette after that, and I don't even smoke!

Regards,

Phil, not Brian!
What sort of roof has your garage got. Would have been a sight seeing you climb up there with the heli. Wonder what the neighbours thought.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Flying Fiz

It is a dead flat cement roof because the house is set well above street level and the roof is level with the front yard.

Geez I wouldn't need to add any further stress to a maiden! :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.