Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Building my first Heli

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Building my first Heli

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:46 AM
Edsknives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building my first Heli

Yesterday I picked up my first align trex 500 Esp 3G. I have only looked at the instructions, any advice for building first heli?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:15 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: Building my first Heli

If you have questions...ask

If you have metal to metal screws...use thread lock.

Take your time, pay attention to detail, and do a careful setup, and it will fly great.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Flying Foot Doc
My Feedback: (2)

+1 on what Andy says. You want to make sure all the parts that are supposed to move freely, do so in the direction intended and with no binding. Small increments in binding compound along a linkage path. I found Finless Bobs videos and advice from local builders/ flying friends and friends at fun flys very helpful. Enjoy the build, don't rush it, make sure you get every detail right, there reall isn't anything on the bird that doesn't have a job. Enjoy! Let us know how it goes, post pictures, Andy
Old 03-23-2012, 07:12 PM
netdharma

A T-550 is fairly ambitious for a first heli (IMHO). Have you flown an RC helicopter? A sim? Just curious, as most folks start with co-axial or micro heli's and go on from there.

FFD's advice to view Finless Bob's videos is spot-on. Finless posts all of his technical videos for free at HeliFreak•com, free to join, like RCU.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:29 PM
orochi_25

i bought t-rex 450 se v2 complete with hitec hs65mg and gyro 401,and futaba s9650 for tail rudder, then i bought FUTABA 7C, i'm stuck with the setup on futaba, i'm so blank, and twice crashed it.. could anyone hep me with all  setting, swashplate setting, ele, throtle, i reserved channel 3 for throtle, do i need change it?? thanks.. i'll appreciate
Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Solman

I believe you are going to be a little over your head with setting up a fbl heli for your first build. Go on youtube and find some videos that will help with explaining the set up. One of the most important thing is to make sure your gyros are set up to compensate in the correct direction. If not, it will crash as soon as you lift off. I would have someone who is skilled look it over before flying or better yet, let them test fly it.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 PM
jackeylewis

do as the instructions, step by step, do not be impatient, and be more careful. If possible, ask for help of these more experienced person when having a problem.