Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

What Gyro for T-Rex 450XL???

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

What Gyro for T-Rex 450XL???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:00 AM
k5nwz
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Gyro for T-Rex 450XL???

I have a T-Rex 450XL that I never finished putting together. I jsut got it out and want to complete it. Im wondering what would be be an affordable Gyro for this thing. Im not looking to put much money into it. Just need something that will help me learn to fly my bigger Helis.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Ddaddy

Default RE: What Gyro for T-Rex 450XL???

Hi k5,

What tail servo are you using? Helps to match them up sometimes. I like the old piezo hk 401b and many folks have had good luck with the mems ga250. Both less than $15. But best to check what servo your using first ; )

And welcome to a lot of fun! What else are you flying?

Cheers,
Ken
Old 07-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Solman

Make sure that you have an actual tail servo and not a cyclic servo. It does make a difference. I personally am having great success with the GA 250 gyro. It is a Spartan clone gyro and I have used it on my 450 and currently using it on my 600.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:17 PM
k5nwz

Ok, Just realized I need servos too. There is (1) Align 6X Micro Servo in the kit. (C614)?? So servo recomendations would be very helpfull too. The Heli DOES have a tail servo mount. Prolly order it all from Hobbyking. It may alse need to be known Im not a 3d pilot yet. So do you still recomend the GA250? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...EMS_Gyro_.htmland if so, What servos should I get?

Thanks SO very much for your help. I really appreciate it!!

Shawn

I fly gient scale airplanes but have lots of everything, Boats, Planes, Trucks, Cars and Helis....Yes, Im a junkie...lol
Old 07-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Solman

So do you still recomend the GA250?    

I believe that the GA250 is by far one of the most under-estimated gyro's out there.  I do backwards flight and tail slides with no issues at all.  Set up is so simple, 3 or 4 steps and you are done.  Getting the second half of the menu can be a pain at times.  You have to hold the rudder stick to the side and then flip your gear switch 3x.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:27 PM
k5nwz

Thank for the reply. The GA250 is defitlay the way I will go. Now I all I need to know is what servos to order. I heard it makes a difference.http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rvo_5_10g.html

Cant wait to order....

Thanks again for all your help

Shawn
Old 07-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Solman

When it comes to HK servos for heli's, I am not sure which are good. You may want to spend a little more on the servo's. It will be easier to get replacement gears and that way you know you have the right servos.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:54 AM
k5nwz

Ok, Great, Thanks. I will go ahead and order the Gyro from HK. Do you have a servo recomndation?

I really appreciate your help

Shawn
Old 07-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Solman

My personal favorite for the 450 is the Hitec HS65 servos for the cyclic and the Futaba 9257 for the tail. They have served me well.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Goggles

Do you have a servo recommendation?
When choosing servos, for the tail you need something fast, in the .05-.08 range and in the cyclic the typical servo is .10-.14 range. There are many good servos (Savox, Futaba, Align, Hitec, Hyperion, JR). I'm sure there are many more of those micro servos, but those brands should do you well.

I have some cheap HK servo's on my 500 and i don't like them. They don't center well and I've noticed one moves a little slower than the other. I hardly ever fly it so I'm not replacing them.

BTW, you said you fly giant scale, what kind of servos do you run in them and would you use a HK servo instead?