Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Looking at the Align APS Gyro

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Looking at the Align APS Gyro

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 10:19 PM
wolfman01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at the Align APS Gyro

Can anyone tell me about the Align APS Gyro? I want to know if you can just leave it in one mode and fly, or do you have to keep switching from 3GX-APS or GPS. I want to be able to just simply cruze around and maybe film the ground with my GoPro camera. I want the heli to be VERY stable and easy to fly. If I want, I want to be able to let go of the sticks and the heli will just hold a hover.
Thanks.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM
htimsxela

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking at the Align APS Gyro

Hope it is not too late for a reply...

For what you want, you should go for the APS.

I recentlly bought one for my TRex 800 and, after a couple *weeks* reading and setting it up, I can finally say it is "flyable".

I'm able to hold a hover by switching to APS mode and, while in APS mode, I have control over the heli, although it is not as fast as when in 3GX mode, because APSwants to keep the heli stable. This is normal, in my opinion.

So, if you want to fly around and have the heli stabilized when you leave all the sticks, APS will do that for you.

Just follow EVERYSTEP on the manual and pay special attention to the complementary manual you get when you upgrade APS's firmware.

I'm using:

Align TRex 800 Trekker
3GX module with firmware version 3.0
APSmodule with firmware version 1.2
Spektrum DX8 Transmitter/Receiver

Keep in touch if you need further help.