Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2.4 Ghz Transmitter question

Hi, I am new to the Heli world and to RC at all. Recently bought an ALIGNtrex 100x and wonder if I can find a receiver that comunicates with the AFHDS 2.4Ghz transmitter of the Trex 100x in order to fly a home made airplane for example...

Thanks

Juan Uribe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 2.4 Ghz Transmitter question

I was able to Google the transmitter and this is the first thing I found.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6riwheWk5rE[/youtube]
    It obviously will bind with the HK receiver as shown, but I am not sure if this is just a fluke.

I could not find much information about the transmitter, but it does not seem to have model memories.
    I would be very careful trying to fly more than one aircraft with this radio as some of the channels may be reversed on one model.
    I lost a nice flying trainer and an OS FS 61 due to this mistake.
    I had two trainers on one World Engines 7 channel radio (Way before the advent of multiple model radios).  My Balsa USA Stick 40 plus had the ailerons reversed, and while I had posted a note on the front of the radio, I still didn't reverse the servo before I took off.  I almost had it back to the field when I flew it through a large metal crane structure that was laying on the ground.
    I didn't make it through the structure.  It broke the cylinder off of the crankcase, rod and all, and destroyed the airplane.
    Please be careful.  Nice radios are very cheap now, and you can pick up a Futaba 6XAsuper for a song.  It features 6 model memory, and all the mixing you would ever use.
    The 6exa or 6exp radios are very cheap as well.
    Good luck!
    Bryan
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood. #23

Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be mastered!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 2.4 Ghz Transmitter question

Hi, thanks for your post, very usefull