My flying streak with the #2 came to an end today! Was a typical beginner crash and had a blade strike, while landing a tad on the tail.
Result = Stripped main gear, bent tail boom, bent flybar, busted main blades and thats about it. Main shaft hasn't bent, which is lucky. And as for the feathering shaft, I have absolutely no idea, but I don't think theres any damage to that either. Luckily, no damage to the fragile HXT900 cyclic servos as they are a pain to remove and install.
My #1 helicopter is starting to frustrate me! Even with the gains down to the low 50s on a Spektrum radio, there is still a wag. I recall that someone said something about the tail servo and how far up the servo arm the ball link is attached to. Tail servo is a HK933MG servo, gyro is a HK401b.
The beast helicopter is a frustrating build too. Upon realising that the belt was in the wrong direction, I flipped the belt and it was slipping everywhere. Changing the belt tension didn't help either. Upon realising the belt was dead, I decided to replace the belt. So I found a belt in the box that Phil gave to me. Silly me didn't check its length, and when I mounted the tail back on the tail boom, I realised that the belt was way to long, presumably for a 500 size heli. Oh well, my mistake!
In my previous big order from HK, I placed an order for a Phoenix flight sim dongle. Suprise suprise, it WORKS! At least with phoenix v3.0p.
Don't worry, I'm not going to give up! The satisfaction from flying one helicopter through 6 lipos in a row without crashing beats anything else!!!