T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Reply
Old 09-14-2012, 02:23 AM
  #251
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Guy's!

Bad luck on the crash kozzy. I love Ingleburns closing comment!

Speaking of crashes. I repaired mine yesterday. I've gone for a simple colour scheme to see if that helps with the FFF ele bug in Tarot FW v3.5. Actually I've tried better radial bearings (Align HS1032T) in the grips and tighter genuine RJX dampers but I'm not holding my breath!

A couple of pics...

Simon
Yeah Ive always heard that red goes faster so going with the white might slow it down.

Just a thought Simon. As yours is the worst heli affected with the FFF bug, do you think it has anything to do with the HK head?

Mine is not to bad now but I think Im reacting before it occurs by keeping a touch of forward Ele on it.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 AM
  #252
sgbfly
 
sgbfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Worksop Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 1,947
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Guy's!

Bad luck on the crash kozzy. I love Ingleburns closing comment!

Speaking of crashes. I repaired mine yesterday. I've gone for a simple colour scheme to see if that helps with the FFF ele bug in Tarot FW v3.5. Actually I've tried better radial bearings (Align HS1032T) in the grips and tighter genuine RJX dampers but I'm not holding my breath!

A couple of pics...

Simon
Yeah Ive always heard that red goes faster so going with the white might slow it down.

Just a thought Simon. As yours is the worst heli affected with the FFF bug, do you think it has anything to do with the HK head?

Mine is not to bad now but I think Im reacting before it occurs by keeping a touch of forward Ele on it.

I can't see how the HK head would be at the root of the problem. Bottom line is (imo) fw v3.5 does it and earlier firmwares don't! It's so frustrating as I can really tell a positive difference with the improvments they made in fw 3.5

As for keeping a little forward ele on. Yes that helps to a point, until you want to start amaneuver like a loop and the heli snaps back abruptly all on its own

Simon



sgbfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:17 AM
  #253
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hi guys, check out www.aadexpo.co.za tab to Airshow and guess who will be flying the Ex SAAF Impala indicated in the Participating Aircraft tab on page two?

Getting a few dry runs tomorrow (fuel for 40 minutes flying time)  with compliments from the sponsors as I can only be there on the airshow days.

Edmund
Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 AM
  #254
pushinoldrc
 
pushinoldrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 403
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Hi guys, check out www.aadexpo.co.za tab to Airshow and guess who will be flying the Ex SAAF Impala indicated in the ParticipatingAircraft tab on page two?

Getting a few dry runs tomorrow (fuel for 40 minutes flying time) with compliments from the sponsors as I can only be there on the airshow days.

Edmund
Thats cool. Iwould love to be there and see it. My wife and Itry to get to all the military aircraft shows in our area. She loves it!

pushinoldrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:42 AM
  #255
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Hi guys, check out www.aadexpo.co.za tab to Airshow and guess who will be flying the Ex SAAF Impala indicated in the ParticipatingAircraft tab on page two?

Getting a few dry runs tomorrow (fuel for 40 minutes flying time) with compliments from the sponsors as I can only be there on the airshow days.

Edmund
Thats cool. Iwould love to be there and see it. My wife and Itry to get to all the military aircraft shows in our area. She loves it!

During last year's show a paratrooper put his rifle's barrel into the wing grounding me for the show. Love these shows as you see so many peoplemet over many years again. My wife hates it to watch me fly just as she hated it whenI usedto jump out of aircraft. She will only come along if I do not fly but I then end up flying along in some aircraft in any event and she sometimes joins me. She loves the Cessna jets.

Hope to get a few minutes in our Rooivalk attack heli tomorrow as well, some pilot owes me big and it is time to pay up. This is the heli that makes "Airwolf" and a certain one called Apache (familiar) hide away.
Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:15 PM
  #256
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Hi guys, check out www.aadexpo.co.za tab to Airshow and guess who will be flying the Ex SAAF Impala indicated in the ParticipatingAircraft tab on page two?

Getting a few dry runs tomorrow (fuel for 40 minutes flying time) with compliments from the sponsors as I can only be there on the airshow days.

Edmund
That sounds like a lot of fun. Dont suppose you could put a cam on and get some video?

Keep the paratroupers away this time.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:15 PM
  #257
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

@ Edmund, very cool and great you get thoseopportunities. Be safe but have fun
@Jonsey, crashes are part of the sport but if I may make a suggestion...start hitting TH a few feet above the ground and let it land itself, it's much better IMO
@Simon, 100% 3.5 problem....If I wasn't so chickensh1t to go that fast on my 500 I'd try but it goes WAY too fast for me. The 450 has the cx and flys great fast, slow hover hands off, it only has the bad 11 thumbs. And bad news, wasn't able to program the bug in Phoenix for tonights fly!
@rb, yea, bushless is always nicer...brushless motors are better too
@Phil, ready for some balloon bursting?!
@ALL, 9pm CST Phoenix Blathering with opening blather by rb on why NOT to do loops!
Cheers,
Ken
Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:43 PM
  #258
hugj
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: danielsville, GA
Posts: 353
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hey guy's just to let you know I cut the field tonignt and carried the gaui425 with the hobbymatefbl.
you know 6min flight is just not long enough!!!!! Flew like I knew what i was doing!
I love it !!!!!!!!!!
   Hugh
hugj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:56 PM
  #259
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: hugj

Hey guy's just to let you know I cut the field tonignt and carried the gaui425 with the hobbymatefbl.
you know 6min flight is just not long enough!!!!! Flew like I knew what i was doing!
I love it !!!!!!!!!!
Hugh
Good to hear.
Mines on the way so get ready for a million questions.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:43 PM
  #260
hugj
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: danielsville, GA
Posts: 353
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

no Problem I think you will love it!
hugj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:24 PM
  #261
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ddaddy


@Phil, ready for some balloon bursting?!
@ALL, 9pm CST Phoenix Blathering with opening blather by rb on why NOT to do loops!
Cheers,
Ken
Damn, just updated Phoenix in readyness for the blathering and its crashed on me.
Hopefully be back up and running soon but if not have fun guys.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 PM
  #262
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Mine crashe too updating but all fine now.

Anyway, here's the start of my FPV blathering guys!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q5u4ZNZ3Ik&feature=plcp[/youtube]


Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:49 PM
  #263
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

The server is live!
Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:31 PM
  #264
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

The server is live!
Server is dead.

Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:48 PM
  #265
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ddaddy


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

The server is live!
Server is dead.

What happened to it.
I cant for the life of me get Phoenix to run. Everythings there but nothing happens.
Will have to try and find the disk and do a reinstall but the kids are driving me mad and have to get ready to take them out soon.
Sorry I missed the action but will be better prepared next time.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:51 AM
  #266
sgbfly
 
sgbfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Worksop Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 1,947
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hi Guy's,

It's not just Edmund havng all the fun! This is me heading off on a helicopter flying lesson The second pic is when I had the sticks in a hover(well hover of sorts as I was over correcting - lol)

Simon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96036.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1801273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54052.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1801274  
sgbfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:05 PM
  #267
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Guy's,

It's not just Edmund havng all the fun! This is me heading off on a helicopter flying lesson The second pic is when I had the sticks in a hover(well hover of sorts as I was over correcting - lol)

Simon
Hope it wasnt using 3.5
That would be so much fun.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:36 PM
  #268
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

@ Edmund - Great news you'll have the stick back in yer hand! Look forward to a report as soon as possible!

@ Ken - Glad the FPV ground perfomance is working well for you. As for me It's ALL I can do to not let my stuff fall out of the sky like a bag of wet mice flying normally! God speed to ya!!

@ Simon - Glad you had a nice birthday flight! How old are you now?? I think you are somehow catching up with me???

@ All - Would have loved to join the failed attempt at Phoenix but I got PM shift dropped on me at the last minute!! "20 days of nights" with Mon/Tue off! Grrrrrrrr!
Upside is, I will be hoping a plane and heading to the North Carolina Mountains in Mid October!

Gonna be horsing with my helis a bit Mon/Tues and hope to up some viddy blather!!

Best to all my internet pen pals!!

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:14 AM
  #269
sgbfly
 
sgbfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Worksop Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 1,947
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Guy's,

It's not just Edmund havng all the fun! This is me heading off on a helicopter flying lesson The second pic is when I had the sticks in a hover(well hover of sorts as I was over correcting - lol)

Simon
Hope it wasnt using 3.5
That would be so much fun.

Thankfully there was no stabilisation other than the pro to my left

Speaking of 3.5, I will re-maiden my rebuilt heli today.

Also, Thanks Brian (37)

sgbfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:54 AM
  #270
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: sgbfly


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Guy's,

It's not just Edmund havng all the fun! This is me heading off on a helicopter flying lesson The second pic is when I had the sticks in a hover(well hover of sorts as I was over correcting - lol)

Simon
Hope it wasnt using 3.5
That would be so much fun.

Thankfully there was no stabilisation other than the pro to my left

Speaking of 3.5, I will re-maiden my rebuilt heli today.

Also, Thanks Brian (37)

Firstly Happy Birthday. Did you get some video of the heli hovering? And how different was it to hovering a 450.

Is the heli being remaidened with 3.5 or the stock one. Im guessing the stock one.



ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:57 AM
  #271
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ddaddy


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

The server is live!
Server is dead.

What happened to it.
I cant for the life of me get Phoenix to run. Everythings there but nothing happens.
Will have to try and find the disk and do a reinstall but the kids are driving me mad and have to get ready to take them out soon.
Sorry I missed the action but will be better prepared next time.

As for the the Phoenix crash I finally got it working.
Seems that after the last Blathering session I shut it down with the field Ken picked still loaded.
Once I changed to another field it was back up and running.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:08 AM
  #272
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: sgbfly


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Guy's,

It's not just Edmund havng all the fun! This is me heading off on a helicopter flying lesson [img][/img] The second pic is when I had the sticks in a hover [img][/img] (well hover of sorts as I was over correcting - lol)

Simon [img][/img]
Hope it wasnt using 3.5 [img][/img]
That would be so much fun.

Thankfully there was no stabilisation other than the pro to my left [img][/img]

Speaking of 3.5, I will re-maiden my rebuilt heli today. [img][/img]

Also, Thanks Brian (37) [img][/img]



Yup, I knew it!

When I 1st met you, you were actually three years older than you are now. You're closing in!

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:21 AM
  #273
pushinoldrc
 
pushinoldrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 403
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hugh and I went to the field yesterday and had a great day of it.
Here are some of the highlights.
Please excuse the shaky video, my son was filming on a Nikon coolpix camera, and it is hard to keep everything in frame while videoing.
Hugh and his Gaui 425 Hurricane with the BeastX clone.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyRDkun8AIE[/youtube]

and Hugh with his Hangar 9 Cub with a Saito 82
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChzxEZGsleo[/youtube]

Hopefully he will upload some video soon.
B
pushinoldrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:48 PM
  #274
oldfrog
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 102
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Far out,
Okay, I had a main rotor blade let loose this morning and it was pretty cool. I was hovering
three feet off the ground in front of my garage when all of a sudden SWUSH, a blade shot
off and it looked like an arrow shooting from a cross bow. The blade flew 75 yards to the
north...the heli was pointing east and I was sitting in my garage as this happened. Damage
to the heli was minimal...one blade grip and a flybar that now resembles a twisted up
pretzel. The blade let loose at the blade grip, the portion that the blade screw go's through
was still in the grip. That blade sure did shoot out fast...WOW ! Just to let you all know, I was
standing from the heli probably 40 feet.
This will be my first repair to this heli after nearly 15 practice lessons, I'm proud of this one
as for it wasn't my fault this time. Oh, I should mention that the heli is (was) a HK-450.

Roger
oldfrog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:00 PM
  #275
sgbfly
 
sgbfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Worksop Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 1,947
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Geez Roger, that sounds potentially nasty.

Everyone,

I got my HK-450GT rebuilt late last week and gave her a very gentle test flight this morning. So far so good and I'm glad a blade did not disconnect at 0.57 in this video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72_tZXO_hQI[/youtube]

Simon
sgbfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:07 AM.