Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Cable tie? No, I thought it was a Zip-tie. NO IT WAS A CABLE TIE!! Oh well, doesn't matter, they both do the same thing... Is that how it goes on RCG? Haha, I hope not!!
    That's FUNNY-I was wondering if it really was a TIE WRAP!!

I'm a little disappointed tbh. I was getting some good technical input and now the thread has gone off on one.

S

Sorry about that Simon but I didnt realise such a small comment would start the mess its turned into.
    All I was doing was pointing out that it wasnt velcro but a zip tie and the guy went nuts.

Hopefully it will settle down and get back on topic.

No, it's not you mate. It also a little strange the people who insist there is no issue with the latest firmware. If I was to make such a bold statement I would support it probably with a video and try and offer reasoning.
    FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No, it's not you mate. It also a little strange the people who insist there is no issue with the latest firmware. If I was to make such a bold statement I would support it probably with a video and try and offer reasoning.
    The thing I find interesting is that the problem varies between helis.
    Mine pitches up way less than yours and some others hardly get bothered.
    Maybe its because I dont fly as fast as you into the wind but I have cheaper, slower servos as well so maybe thats why.
    Anyway I hope they sort it out soon or else the Hobbymate will be going on mine for a test.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cable tie? No, I thought it was a Zip-tie. NO IT WAS A CABLE TIE!! Oh well, doesn't matter, they both do the same thing... Is that how it goes on RCG? Haha, I hope not!!
    I'm a little disappointed tbh. I was getting some good technical input and now the thread has gone off on one.
    S
    Sorry about that Simon but I didnt realise such a small comment would start the mess its turned into.
    ll I was doing was pointing out that it wasnt velcro but a zip tie and the guy went nuts.
    LOL... yeah that's a funny tangent they are on......not as good as the "oil the bearing or not to oil the bearing" discussion we had a few thousand pages back

I think this this happens on long threads when new people jump right to the latest post and start crapping on...not realising that most of the answers are in the previous pages. The #16 keychain thread is like this as well. Looks like the zyx thread is going the same way.

The only thing I'm wanting from that thread is for someone to post alink to the new firmware

Jonesy

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol, to oil or not to oil was a good one. Another classic was the vertical take off or slight drift to the left debate

Actually I was quite culpable in those

Anyway I see there are some videos to watch

S
    FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For me it wouldn't matter if I oiled my bearings. I would crash and be forced to replace them before they wear out by themselves

Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6i

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@ Hugh - Man that Gaui is sweet with the BeastX clone!

@ Oldfrog - I had my 1st blade separation this year and it was chilling watching them fly off! I will no longer track my heli with a face shield close up!

@ Simon - You crashed?? Glad no separation on Polly!

@ Robbie - I'll take that 130x off yer ya but you have to hand deliver it here in Florida! Comments on your way over powered heli on YT!

@ Edmund - Many thanx for the report and glad to hear you got to put it through its paces!!

@ Ingleburn - I don't use no stinkin' Zip/Cable ties! I just use spit and sinew! Phreakin' Sissies! Yah, you can't even BUY manners anymore!

@ All - 1st actual day off in 7. Relegated to evening shift of late so I actually may have to time to fly in the AM's! Got lots of chores to do today and may slip in some repair time on my 450 this PM!

I hope all is well in YOUR worlds!!!

b
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat / QAV250 FPV!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Yes,I completed the 450 Heli with the Scorpion motor and 60 Amp ESC.. I will upload the vids and link here shortly.. Its a beast but not quite as much as I expected... It ended up being a 450 Pro TT because I just love the TT...

First vid is just testing the new heli.. it had a few bugs.. which are now sorted as per the 2nd vid..(give it a bit to upload)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEcpD1i7Jx0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq8Rx2_WwJY

As for the tail wag and it not happening on my DX7.. didn't you see my left thumb wiggling rapidly the whole time correcting the wag??? (just kidding)
    Cool videos Rob. Interesting power build project.

I got a strange sense of deja vu watching those

S

FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Mine crashe too updating but all fine now.

Anyway, here's the start of my FPV blathering guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q5u4ZNZ3Ik&feature=plcp
    Intersting vid Mr Ewing! I'm looking forward to the fpv flight over your nodding donkeys

FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol, to oil or not to oil was a good one. Another classic was the vertical take off or slight drift to the left debate

S
    How quickly we forget.

Yep I was guilty as well.

Hope we didnt scare him off but Im glad barbie girl only pops in every now and again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

Hugh and I went to the field yesterday and had a great day of it.
    Here are some of the highlights.
    Please excuse the shaky video, my son was filming on a Nikon coolpix camera, and it is hard to keep everything in frame while videoing.
    Hugh and his Gaui 425 Hurricane with the BeastX clone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyRDkun8AIE

and Hugh with his Hangar 9 Cub with a Saito 82
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChzxEZGsleo

Hopefully he will upload some video soon.
    B
    I enjoyed watching those Hugh and Bryan! The 425 looks very graceful in the air under Hugh's command!

S

FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Report back!!!!! YES IT WAS LOTS OF FUN. Changed my "normal" sequence to now include an inverted 15degree nose up 1800 ft longflyby and then with afterburner selected push it up vertically to 2500 ft height, then into a backwardshalf loop, flipped itover to normal flightto scream down the runway again, pulled some nice G's doing that.

Edmund
    Sounds amazing! Glad you had a blast!

FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol, to oil or not to oil was a good one. Β*Another classic was the vertical take off or slight drift to the left debate [img][/img]Β*

Actually I was quite culpable in thoseΒ*[img][/img]

Anyway I see there are some videos to watchΒ*[img][/img]

SΒ*[img][/img]
    How quickly we forget.[img][/img]

Hope we didnt scare him off but Im glad barbie girl only pops in every now and again.

Wow! I was just thinkin' about that train wreck!

Simon she be embarrassed that he befriended and brought her over here!

For shame Simon, for shame!

b
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat / QAV250 FPV!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Lol, to oil or not to oil was a good one. Another classic was the vertical take off or slight drift to the left debate [img][/img]

Actually I was quite culpable in those[img][/img]

Anyway I see there are some videos to watch[img][/img]

S[img][/img]
    How quickly we forget.[img][/img]

Wow! I was just thinkin' about that train wreck!

Simon she be embarrassed that he befriended and brought her over here!

For shame Simon, for shame!

b
    Hehehehe I think we all know the real story and one day we might forgive you.

Anyway Simon just reminded me of something via PM that I should tell all.

Google just changed my username on youtube to Noel Harris, that being me.

So if that crazy dude leaves a comment on a vid, its me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

S
    Don't oil.... Labelle... 107... I am convinced it is s space age lubricant introduced by aliens that creates a totally frictionless interaction between moving parts.. hence they never wear.....

1000 + flights ona $49 Hobbyking Heli and it is smoother than the day I built it... I have worn out and replaced aBrushless motor and 3 cyclic servos (hitech HS65MGs) on this heli but the bearings, gears, tail belt are all orginal..

PS.. the DS480 on the tail is also original.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VrcVmV7cKQ[/youtube]
    ..... frakkin cylons...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

^ What a great screen grab to front that video

Very funny closing comment on the vid too!

S
    FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol, to oil or not to oil was a good one. Β*Another classic was the vertical take off or slight drift to the left debate [img][/img]Β*

Actually I was quite culpable in thoseΒ*[img][/img]

Anyway I see there are some videos to watchΒ*[img][/img]

SΒ*[img][/img]
    Don't oil.... Labelle... 107... I am convinced it is s space age lubricant introduced by aliens that creates a totally frictionless interaction between moving parts.. hence they never wear.....

1000 + flights onΒ*a $49 Hobbyking Heli and it is smoother than the day I built it...Β* I have worn out and replaced aΒ*Brushless motor and 3 cyclic servos (hitech HS65MGs) on this heli but the bearings, gears, tail belt are all orginal..

"What an annoying little kid"!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Agree with the great screen grab. Tried to watch it and got the annoying message "Function not available please try again later" with compliments of our IT people.  Will have to watch at home tonight.

Edmund
    Esky Belt CP V2, Esky Belt CP V2 CX, BIG Lama, Ultimate Big Lama, Lama 4, DX6i, Align TREX 550E, Blade mCPX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A little "Hi-De-Ho" viddy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ0G3MZNV8w[/youtube]

S

All I was doing was pointing out that it wasnt velcro but a zip tie and the guy went nuts.

I thought it was my fault...I still get baited by them sometimes!

Oh, wait...I figured it out! It's rb's fault...both RCG AND FFF pitch up!

Don't tell him though

Still haven't flown FPV yet, nerves I think (and the fact I haven't crashed the 500 yet....maybe I should just crash and get it out of the way! Better do it soon though, going in for surgery Thursday and will be out of commision for a month or better. So if I start rambleing, more than usual, it's because I have nothing else too do

Cheers,
    Ken

Oh, and to really start some sh1t...really like the guys at fpvlab...there's a very entertaining thread on RCG there too

MCX, MSR, BOL, Blade SR, franKENblade 400, FBL 450, mCPX, FBL 500, AXN FPV

S

1000 + flights ona $49 Hobbyking Heli and it is smoother than the day I built it... I have worn out and replaced aBrushless motor and 3 cyclic servos (hitech HS65MGs) on this heli but the bearings, gears, tail belt are all orginal..

LMAO about the kid comment!

And if you'd quit moving your thumbs so much it would hover!

MCX, MSR, BOL, Blade SR, franKENblade 400, FBL 450, mCPX, FBL 500, AXN FPV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey To everyone. WHOOPIEE my hk550fbl has let and is on it's way to the states!!!
     I hope to get it soon? 1-5 weeks?
    When I get her i'll do a unboxing video and take pics or videos during the build!
     I'm going to retire the swift nx it has been a albertross eversince i got it I upgraded every thing trying to fix
    a poor design.
      The items going it the hk will be 1 beastx , 1 ar7000x, 3 savox cyclic servos, 1 savox tail servo
    kontronic esc castel volt regulator, edge 530mm main blades, align cf tail blades,1 1100kv motor.
      I hope it all works!
    Also the wife got a new align 550 canopy because she hated the one that comes with the kit.
      Wish me the best of luck, I'll keep you'all informed.
      Hugh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hugj

Hey To everyone. WHOOPIEE my hk550fbl has let and is on it's way to the states!!!
    Β*I hope to get it soon? 1-5 weeks?
    When I get her i'll do a unboxing video and take pics or videos during the build!
    Β*I'm going to retire the swift nx it has been a albertross eversince i got it I upgraded every thing trying to fix
    a poor design.
    Β* The items going it the hk will be 1 beastx , 1 ar7000x, 3 savox cyclic servos, 1 savox tail servo
    kontronic esc castel volt regulator, edge 530mm main blades, align cf tail blades,1 1100kv motor.
    Β* I hope it all works!
    Also the wife got a new align 550 canopy because she hated the one that comes with the kit.
    Β* Wish me the best of luck, I'll keep you'all informed.
    Β* Hugh

I'm GREEN with envy! [:'(]

Can't wait to see how it goes!!

All the best!

Brian with an "I"!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hugj

I hope to get it soon? 1-5 weeks?
    I'm going to retire the swift nx it has been a albertross eversince i got it I upgraded every thing trying to fix
    a poor design.
    The items going it the hk will be 1 beastx , 1 ar7000x, 3 savox cyclic servos, 1 savox tail servo
    I hope it all works!
    Wish me the best of luck, I'll keep you'all informed.
    Hugh
    Cant wait to see it Hugh, especially with the canopy the wife picked out

Wow its amazing how much more the electronics for those things cost.

Out of my league for a while thats for sure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys! the eletonics were a acculumation over the past 8 monts trying to get
    the swift to peform well and be reliable!
     I bid on a couple of trex 550 kits but was out bid.
    TJ told me to check out the hk 550 fbl. I did and the price was right.
    So W.T.H  The wife said give it a shot.
    If it is as good as my 500 hk aka trex 500 I think i will be happy!
    Hugh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finished my new Tarot 450 PRO last night, no blade spool and rattle test all done. We've had no rain for about 2 months and today it's pissing down.

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast