Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 04:04 PM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Finished my new Tarot 450 PRO last night, no blade spool and rattle test all done. We've had no rain for about 2 months and today it's pissing down.

Typical isnt it. Hope all goes well with the maiden.

Just got 5 flights in with mine. Thought about trying a flip but chickened out.
Did practise flying towards myself. That got the heart racing.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: hugj

Hey To everyone. WHOOPIEE my hk550fbl has let and is on it's way to the states!!!
I hope to get it soon? 1-5 weeks?
When I get her i'll do a unboxing video and take pics or videos during the build!
I'm going to retire the swift nx it has been a albertross eversince i got it I upgraded every thing trying to fix
a poor design.
The items going it the hk will be 1 beastx , 1 ar7000x, 3 savox cyclic servos, 1 savox tail servo
kontronic esc castel volt regulator, edge 530mm main blades, align cf tail blades,1 1100kv motor.
I hope it all works!
Also the wife got a new align 550 canopy because she hated the one that comes with the kit.
Wish me the best of luck, I'll keep you'all informed.
Hugh
I will follow this closely.. I have almost pushed the button on a HK550 many times.... Congratulations and hoping it works out great..
Old 09-17-2012, 07:45 PM
mnemennth

Finished my new Tarot 450 PRO last night, no blade spool and rattle test all done. We've had no rain for about 2 months and today it's pissing down.

Good for you, man. Here, we've been waiting 6 months for a real rain.

mnem
*And then there were 7*

Old 09-17-2012, 10:41 PM
ingleburn

Hi guys, well I finally got around to maidening my Pro this afternoon.A lot of surprises but didnt crash so thats a bonus.

Had a lot of expo on it and really noticed the difference compared to the GT.It was so docile it wasnt funny.

Had a few problems, the main one being not enough pitch. Had to have the stick almost 3/4 up to even hover.

When I got home and put a pitch guage on it I found that at centre stick it had -3.5° pitch.

Dont know how that happened as Im usually so careful setting them up. Wound out the links about 2 turns and now its spot on and swash is level.

Readjusted the settings to get 10° pitch and 8° on Ele and Ail so all set for another try tomorrow, weather being good.

Apart from the pitch problem it seemed to be smooth and stable so I think Im going to like it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQn1O4PPZzY[/youtube]
Old 09-17-2012, 10:50 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Hi guys, well I finally got around to maidening my Pro this afternoon.A lot of surprises but didnt crash so thats a bonus.

Had a lot of expo on it and really noticed the difference compared to the GT.It was so docile it wasnt funny.

Had a few problems, the main one being not enough pitch. Had to have the stick almost 3/4 up to even hover.

When I got home and put a pitch guage on it I found that at centre stick it had -3.5° pitch.

Dont know how that happened as Im usually so careful setting them up. Wound out the links about 2 turns and now its spot on and swash is level.

Readjusted the settings to get 10° pitch and 8° on Ele and Ail so all set for another try tomorrow, weather being good.

Apart from the pitch problem it seemed to be smooth and stable so I think Im going to like it.

Nice maiden. Looks like it' s going to be a nice heli. Yes you could hear that negative pitch when you are spooling up. I run +/-10deg and 6deg on my pro. Works well for me.

Jonesy

Old 09-18-2012, 03:26 PM
oldfrog
My Feedback: (1)

@ Ddaddy

You'd asked  earlier what kind of blade it was that let loose...I dont know
the brand of it, but it was of the Hong Kong variety, the type you can get five
pair for $22.00 and they are red and white. I followed BLADE BALANCING 101
and also sort them by weight with my RCBS 10-10 reloading scale. I'm not
worthy yet of the $30 a set of "good" blades. I was very surprised by the weight
differance within a group of blades.

Roger
Old 09-18-2012, 03:30 PM
oldfrog

OOP'S
Old 09-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Ddaddy

Hi Roger,

Thanks for replying. I was just asking so we would know and give that consideration when buying blades. I've read about blades doing this and the general feeling is some people don't trust cheap blades. My thoughts are if you can get good cheap blades that are safe, get them.

The aligns are nice because they are better balanced, but too expensive I agree (and for some reason I tend to crash these right away!). I buy these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-CARBON-32...item27be911921
in several sets and find ones that are real close in weight/balane quite easily (I use them on my 450 and 500). A lot of people use these and are happy with them. However, there has been 1 report of these coming apart too that I've found. And $9 a set is pretty good IMO for this quality.

Hope you get it fixed soon and have fun
Ken

Old 09-18-2012, 03:53 PM
oldfrog

Thank you Ken for the link, I'll check them out tonight yet. I haven't made any repairs to
it yet...my 5 year old grandson lives with us and between him and work, I have to wait
for his mom to take over on the weekends, but I'll get it going again this weekend.
I do have another to fly anytime, but it just isn't the same with out the Spartan Quark.
In fact, I have nine more kits to go through .

Roger
Old 09-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Ddaddy

Sound like an addict!  You need help! I prescribe purchase 3 more

Best,
Ken
Old 09-19-2012, 12:05 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Hi Roger,

Thanks for replying. I was just asking so we would know and give that consideration when buying blades. I've read about blades doing this and the general feeling is some people don't trust cheap blades. My thoughts are if you can get good cheap blades that are safe, get them.

The aligns are nice because they are better balanced, but too expensive I agree (and for some reason I tend to crash these right away!). I buy these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-CARBON-32...item27be911921
in several sets and find ones that are real close in weight/balane quite easily (I use them on my 450 and 500). A lot of people use these and are happy with them. However, there has been 1 report of these coming apart too that I've found. And $9 a set is pretty good IMO for this quality.

Hope you get it fixed soon and have fun
Ken

These are the same blades that I use but I get mine from HK. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...h_viewItem.asp

Same blades but a bit cheaper although you need to pay postage. I usually add them to an order if I have some weight left.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 AM
ahamay

Howdy, got lucky with some sunshine today so I managed to maiden my new 450 PRO. All went well. I only ran it up with a flat 90% throttle for the first battery to make sure all is good.

I had full intentions of doing a maiden vid but my blather was wasted due to a slight hickup with my #16 cam. I upgraded the firmware the other day and one of the new default features is to automatically start recording after you power it on. Turns out somehow during the morning I"ve pressed the on button whilst it was in my pocket and it's started recording untill the battery went flat. This feature is now off lol. Anyways here's a pic of the new build...

Old 09-19-2012, 12:45 AM
sgbfly

Howdy, got lucky with some sunshine today so I managed to maiden my new 450 PRO. All went well. I only ran it up with a flat 90% throttle for the first battery to make sure all is good.

I had full intentions of doing a maiden vid but my blather was wasted due to a slight hickup with my #16 cam. I upgraded the firmware the other day and one of the new default features is to automatically start recording after you power it on. Turns out somehow during the morning I"ve pressed the on button whilst it was in my pocket and it's started recording untill the battery went flat. This feature is now off lol. Anyways here's a pic of the new build...

Very nice looking heli!

S

Old 09-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Ddaddy

I like the head, shiny

Ken

Old 09-19-2012, 03:51 PM
ingleburn

Took the pro out again this morning to test the new settings.

All good as now it has the right amount of pitch and is 0 at centre stick.

Well good untill I did a pitch pump and the tail blew out and went into an uncontrollable piro.

Hit TH about 5 metres up and watched it float down and hit the ground.

Luckily everything had stopped spinning and only damage was a broken skid and 1 blade that broke off near the grip.

All servos still ok so Im thinking maybe some binding happened so will check out the tail and see what I can find.

Will also check piro opt but it was all good yesterday. Hopefully when I plugged it in the software never changed anything.

Nice looking fleet Jonesy.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:51 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

ouch it hurts when you loose your tail! hope the dammage was little.
  Here is a video of Bryan flying the big plank with a dead stick landing!
Hugh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSxafP12f1I[/youtube]
Old 09-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Rob2160

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQn1O4PPZzY[/youtube]
Nice maiden, the Pro's are great.. seems a very smooth heli..
Old 09-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Rob2160

Took the pro out again this morning to test the new settings.

All good as now it has the right amount of pitch and is 0 at centre stick.

Well good untill I did a pitch pump and the tail blew out and went into an uncontrollable piro.

Hit TH about 5 metres up and watched it float down and hit the ground.

Luckily everything had stopped spinning and only damage was a broken skid and 1 blade that broke off near the grip.

All servos still ok so Im thinking maybe some binding happened so will check out the tail and see what I can find.

Will also check piro opt but it was all good yesterday. Hopefully when I plugged it in the software never changed anything.

Nice looking fleet Jonesy.
Ouch... sorry to hear..
Old 09-19-2012, 07:37 PM
ingleburn

Hahahahaha, what an idiot I am.

Post mortem of the crash revealed that I had put the belt on with a twist in it.

So while the belt was engaging the tail rotor shaft it was the other way round on the front tail gear.

So when I pitched pumped it the belt slipped.

How did I get away with the first battery without it happening.

Anyway belt installed correctly now and new skids and blades on so tomorrow Ill give it another shot.

Just back from flying the GT and flew it into the sun and almost crashed so enough for one day, not going to tempt fate with a third time lucky.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:38 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Nice maiden, the Pro's are great.. seems a very smooth heli..
Thanks Rob but still dont understand how it was so smooth with a twisted belt.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Kozzy_98

Hey guys,

Got a magazine/catalogue from Hobbyking today!

I wonder if its from Platinum Hobbyking membership...
Old 09-20-2012, 06:49 AM
ahamay

Flight 2 and 3 and some blather about everything....

I'm much happier with the #16 keychain cam with the new firmware being able to tweak the saturation and brightness/contrast etc. It looks more true to life now rather than a bit washed out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbXXbIAo5Tk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpwQ0I8sjEc[/youtube]
Old 09-20-2012, 06:52 AM
ahamay

Hahahahaha, what an idiot I am.
Post mortem of the crash revealed that I had put the belt on with a twist in it.
So while the belt was engaging the tail rotor shaft it was the other way round on the front tail gear.
So when I pitched pumped it the belt slipped.
How did I get away with the first battery without it happening.
Anyway belt installed correctly now and new skids and blades on so tomorrow Ill give it another shot.
Just back from flying the GT and flew it into the sun and almost crashed so enough for one day, not going to tempt fate with a third time lucky.
Wow that's a bugger. At least you found the problem and it's not one of the gremlins that you can't shake out. Are you using the 306g on the tail ?

Old 09-20-2012, 01:02 PM
rikybob

@ Ingleburn - Ratz the ole "twisted-belt-syndrome"!!

@ Kozz - Spendin' the money!

@ Jonesy - Posh Git helis (comments on YT)

@ Simon - That HAS to be creepy re: auto nose up. Saw VERY good examples in your viddy. I've been following along finally in RC GR0UPs and did I find that some units are afflicted with it and some aren't?? That is Pani doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

@ Bryan - Nice save on the dead stick!!!

@ All - Wx and time conspiring against me! Hope to fly tomorrow!

All the best!

b
Old 09-20-2012, 02:11 PM
rikybob

Hooo T Hoooo!

Got to fly the MCP X today!

(Betterin' nuttin')

b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.