Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hey guy's here is another video Bryan with his 425
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49uzbZi8WOE[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hugj

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49uzbZi8WOE[/youtube]
    Great viddy with a near tragic ending!

Is that the 425 frame I hooked 'em up on??

b
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Gemini 600 Catamaran / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / Paradise sail boat /Big Swamp Buggy / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49uzbZi8WOE
    That was an action packed flight. Great advice to never fly over your head.
    Nice save and looks like no damage.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rikybob

b
    Actually, the Gaui 425 is sitting on the bookshelf in the office awaiting another FBL head. That was the 500GT that Istole from you. It is now in the model shed awaiting forensic disassembly after Ilost a tail blade at about 75' altitude, inverted. Istill haven't gotten the auto thingy down yet.
    B

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood. #23

Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be mastered!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

ORIGINAL: rikybob

b
    Actually, the Gaui 425 is sitting on the bookshelf in the office awaiting another FBL head.Ā* That was the 500GT that IĀ*stole from you.Ā* It is now in the model shed awaiting forensic disassembly after IĀ*lost a tail blade at about 75' altitude, inverted.Ā* IĀ*still haven't gotten the auto thingy down yet.
    B

I've play with auto a bit. Highest (intentionally) was 4'. It IS a good attribute to acquire.

All the best!

b
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Gemini 600 Catamaran / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / Paradise sail boat /Big Swamp Buggy / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Thanks,
    There was no damage on that flight, but spun out the main gear later that day. After a quick rebuild and PM, Ibrought it to the field the next day to help another friend re-maiden his Trex 600N.
    While flying the 500, the tail lost a blade grip while inverted. I thought I had flown it back to an upright orientation, but after hitting the throttle hold and giving a lot of negative pitch, I heard the blades slow, then stop. I was still inverted. It fell all the way to the ground like a dead bird.
    B

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the video Hugh,  Let us all know when the HK550FBL TT hits the mainland, I know Brian is just as excited as I am about it.
    B

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks,
    There was no damage on that flight, but spun out the main gear later that day. After a quick rebuild and PM, Ibrought it to the field the next day to help another friend re-maiden his Trex 600N.
    While flying the 500, the tail lost a blade grip while inverted. I thought I had flown it back to an upright orientation, but after hitting the throttle hold and giving a lot of negative pitch, I heard the blades slow, then stop. I was still inverted. It fell all the way to the ground like a dead bird.
    B

I know that feeling.Although mine was only 15 FT up if I had more skill I would have given it a bit of negative then jambed the stick up at the end.

Hope the damage on yours wasnt to much. Mine was only 1 blade and a skid. Lucky that grip came off when it did. Wouldnt want it flying anywhere near you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I took the pro out again today after changing the blades and skid and putting the belt on right.

Went like a charm and flies so much better than the GT. Must be the better servos and DFC head.

Had a bit of cyclic oscilation though so might have to drop the main gains a touch.

Using Align 410,s and I thought 40 should be fine. What are you guys using for gains in the software?

Had the cam on and it was one of my better blathers but when I got home found out the battery died after 1 minute.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ā*I took the pro out again today after changing the blades and skid and putting the belt on right.[img][/img]

Went like a charm and flies so much better than the GT. Must be the better servos and DFC head.

Had a bit of cyclic oscilation though so might have to drop the main gains a touch.

Using Align 410,s and I thought 40 should be fine. What are you guys using for gains in the software?

Had the cam on and it was one of my better blathers but when I got home found out the battery died after 1 minute.[img][/img]
    Damn it man![:@]

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the video Hugh,Ā* Let us all know when the HK550FBL TT hits the mainland, I know Brian is just as excited as I am about it.
    B
    Drool!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I took the pro out again today after changing the blades and skid and putting the belt on right.
    Had the cam on and it was one of my better blathers but when I got home found out the battery died after 1 minute.
    LOL... same thing that happened to me the other day with my maiden....flat battery.

Iwas using 40 with the 410's and 415's. If you getting a bit of a wobble when the blades get unloaded then check your mainblade bolts and snug down the blades a little more. The need to be snug, but not overtight and make sure they are both the same.

Check them after each flight as Ialso found bending them back to put in the blade holder all the time will make them loose after a while as the blade root wears a little.

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ahamay

LOL... same thing that happened to me the other day with my maiden....flat battery.

Iwas using 40 with the 410's and 415's. If you getting a bit of a wobble when the blades get unloaded then check your mainblade bolts and snug down the blades a little more. The need to be snug, but not overtight and make sure they are both the same.

Check them after each flight as Ialso found bending them back to put in the blade holder all the time will make them loose after a while as the blade root wears a little.

Checked the blades and they seem ok but maybe the tracking might be off a bit. Time to get the lazy susan out again.

Just received my Hobbymate gyro so now the pro is up and running will try it out on the GT and see how it goes.

Im so happy with the way the pro flys. No way Im updating the firmware on it till a fix comes out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys, just logging in from the Airshow, done my first session for the day, clear skys not much wind and gave the crowd some good opportunities for photographs, one more session this afternoon and two more tomorrow. Will see if I can get one that was taken to post, size may be a problem.

Some good things to see here and that includes the females as well who are dressed for the great weather we have here today. Great to be pampered and served upon by the Breitling hospitality people.

Edmund
    Esky Belt CP V2, Esky Belt CP V2 CX, BIG Lama, Ultimate Big Lama, Lama 4, DX6i, Align TREX 550E, Blade mCPX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Edmund2
    Hi Guys, just logging in from the Airshow, done my first session for the day, clear skys not much wind and gave the crowd some good opportunities forphotographs, one more session this afternoon and two more tomorrow. Will see if I can get one that was taken to post, size may be a problem.
    Some good things to see here and that includes the females as well who are dressed for the great weather we have here today. Great to be pampered and served upon by the Breitling hospitality people.
    Edmund
    Yeah...some pictures of the birds would be great

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Luckily my glasses are very dark or they may just notice the stares. One of my mates will be doing the show on Sunday so I will be wondering around the most of the day. Anyhow have to close down as the onwer of the laptop needs to go somehwere and I have to fly over to the museum to reduce the clutter on the tarmac. Getting a lift back in the Rooivalk attack heli as I missed out on my ride in one last weekend.

Edmund
    Esky Belt CP V2, Esky Belt CP V2 CX, BIG Lama, Ultimate Big Lama, Lama 4, DX6i, Align TREX 550E, Blade mCPX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Luckily my glasses are very dark or they may just notice the stares.Ā* One of my mates will be doing the show on Sunday so I will be wondering around the most of the day. Anyhow have to close down as the onwer of the laptop needs to go somehwere and I have to fly over to the museum to reduce the clutter on the tarmac. Getting a lift back in the Rooivalk attack heli as I missed out on my ride in one last weekend.

Edmund
    Hiya Kidz!

Had an opportunity to burn a few packs!

Enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmBHNz6dSKA[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Wait is Killinggggg me! My hk 550 fbl has finaly made it to NYC customs.
    Now how long? I guess i'm a impacent SOB
      Hugh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

By the way Brian nice flying the 450 looks great.
    If the wifie got new furnishing the least you could do is get a 550!
    If the heli gods permit I will have my 550 next week!
       Hugh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Wait is Killinggggg me! My hk 550 fbl has finaly made it to NYC customs.
    Now how long? I guess i'm a impacent SOB
    Hugh
    No youre not impatient, you just want it like the rest of us, NOW.

Stuff usually goes through customs here within a few hours. Dont know what its like over there though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just back from flying the Pro and as they say, Houston we have a problem.

Still got the oscilations not matter what I try. Tighten blades, loosen blades, lower gains. Even tried raising head speed but it got worse.

Think my last crash must have slightly bent a shaft so time to pull it down and have a look.

It still flys ok apart from when hovering so the bend must be pretty small.

My batteries must be on there way out as well as the last one died on me 30 secs before the timer went off but managed to get it down in one piece.

Have my timer set for 5 1/2 minutes so might have to set it to 5.

@ Edmond. Enjoy that show and hope your eyes dont hurt to much.

@ Brian. I cant believe you perve at funerals.I thought I was the only sicko that did that.

@ Jonesy. Interested in how your heli flew with the raised limits. Maybe Rotorboy is onto something.

@ All. Hope the weather is as good where you are as it is here and you get some stick time in this weekend.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

West coast customs and Chicago are usually a breeze,  NY always takes a couple of days, and packages have been known to be released only to be brought back into customs.  I think it has something to do with a "trade deficit".

If America could produce a quality product (like Align) for the same or even slightly higher price,  there wouldn't be such a 'deficit'.
    B

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@ Jonesy. Interested in how your heli flew with the raised limits. Maybe Rotorboy is onto something.
    ok, so Isetup the new 450 with as much cyclic pitch as I could which turned out to be around 11.5 degrees before it was binding so I backed it off to 10 degrees. No problems with the way it handled, in fact Iwould say overall it was smoother. Itried...with my limited skill level...to bog the motor with as much collective and cyclic as Icould but it was fine. I'm still running the old firmware on the zyx v1 not that Ithink this will solve the 3.5 bug and Ithink Iread Simon had already maxed out his cyclic and it made no difference.

As Isee no adverse effects of this I'll set my other 450 up the same. It's interseting that the Blade 450x has a max of 6 deg of cyclic pitch default as per the manual. I know it's not the same bird, but this does have a beastx and fbl principles still apply.

I"m really happy with the extra headspeed running the 13t pinion and flat 100%, so I'll put a 13t on my other 450 as well.

I'm also very happy so far with the tgy-306g servo on the tail as it's super fast and is holding the tail really well.

Jonesy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@ Hugh - Man that dang thing DO look nice. We were sitting in our Posh Git furniture the other evening and I asked her "So, Princess Mommy Bunz, what do you want for Christmas"?? She said the usual, "I don't know". She then asked me and I said "A BIG honkin' helicopter"! No responce.

@ Ingleburn - The ladies look soooooooo lovely during the services. I just can't help myself!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ok, so Isetup the new 450 with as much cyclic pitch as I could which turned out to be around 11.5 degrees before it was binding so I backed it off to 10 degrees. No problems with the way it handled, in fact Iwould say overall it was smoother. Itried...with my limited skill level...to bog the motor with as much collective and cyclic as Icould but it was fine. I'm still running the old firmware on the zyx v1 not that Ithink this will solve the 3.5 bug and Ithink Iread Simon had already maxed out his cyclic and it made no difference.

As Isee no adverse effects of this I'll set my other 450 up the same. It's interseting that the Blade 450x has a max of 6 deg of cyclic pitch default as per the manual. I know it's not the same bird, but this does have a beastx and fbl principles still apply.

I"m really happy with the extra headspeed running the 13t pinion and flat 100%, so I'll put a 13t on my other 450 as well.

I'm also very happy so far with the tgy-306g servo on the tail as it's super fast and is holding the tail really well.

Jonesy

Thanks for the info Jonesy, good to hear.
    As for the Beastx something that you may not know.
    The hobbymate I have which is a clone and setup the same way makes you set up for 6 deg of cyclic and the next step is to set up max pitch till just before it binds.
    So Im taking it as the 6 deg is a reference for stick movement and the max pitch is what the gyro can use to correct when its in the air.
    If you want to fly it harder you then can then adjust the control behaviour is the setup which I take will give you more pitch via the sticks.Its similar to adjusting agility in the ZYX.

Just replaced the main shaft in the pro and will set cyclic to 10 deg as well and see how it goes.
    BTW my DS415M's that were slop free 7 flights ago now have slop.Maybe that was the cause of the oscillations.

Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast