T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Reply
Old 09-26-2012, 05:35 PM
  #426
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Installed my 410's using the zip tie measure. R/R took only an hour.

I actually could have been a surgeon.

Tomorrow I will do the setup on the ZYX software.

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:40 PM
  #427
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob
Installed my 410's using the zip tie measure. R/R took only an hour.
I actually could have been a surgeon.
Tomorrow I will do the setup on the ZYX software.
b

Ahhh...but are you going to zip tie your zyx



ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:47 PM
  #428
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob
Installed my 410's using the zip tie measure. R/R took only an hour.
I actually could have been a surgeon.
Tomorrow I will do the setup on the ZYX software.
b

Ahhh...but are you going to zip tie your zyx [img][/img]




Heheh.....nawp but I press that joker on each time at preflight cause I've had a gyro come off in mid air before!

It really wasn't that bad in that I haven't had to do surgery on a heli in a while and I just forkin' dreaded it.

These "little ones" are just so finicky!

I'll have to do the servo reversing dance tomorrow and since it has been so long using the software I'm going to use the portion of Simon's viddy to re setup the cyclics!

Yes, I will, in fact watch his "pedantic" video again but I decided to make a drinking game of it.

Each time EBO says "right" I will take a sip!

I should be drunk in bout 7 minutes!





b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:54 PM
  #429
hugj
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: danielsville, GA
Posts: 353
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Quick update on the hk 550fbl build I found the second problem if you include the canopy the main gear holder is slightly bent! This sucks
I have to order a new one or i will distroy the gears so add anothe 20.00 to the total I still hope to do a maden this weekend it depends on shipping!
Oh well WTH.
Hugh
hugj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:19 PM
  #430
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob


Heheh.....nawp but I press that joker on each time at preflight cause I've had a gyro come off in mid air before!

It really wasn't that bad in that I haven't had to do surgery on a heli in a while and I just forkin' dreaded it.

These "little ones" are just so finicky!

I'll have to do the servo reversing dance tomorrow and since it has been so long using the software I'm going to use the portion of Simon's viddy to re setup the cyclics!

Yes, I will, in fact watch his "pedantic" video again but I decided to make a drinking game of it.

Each time EBO says "right" I will take a sip!

I should be drunk in bout 7 minutes!

b
I think the general consensus with FBL now is that you should setup as much cyclic pitch as you can before it binds on full negative. I can get 12 with mine but have set it up for 10 deg, with 11 degrees of collective pitch. This appears to give the gyro more "room to move" as such and overall my helis felt smoother after making this change. I think simon was setting his up for about 7 in the videos.

There's no maneuver that I'm capable of yet that will bog the motor with these settings.

RE EBO - Isn't it..... "All Right" which is slang for alright ? If you say "All Right" really slowly you'll even sound like a pom




ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 PM
  #431
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


[quote]ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


I once fixed a broken coffee cup handle with hot glue. Worked a treat till I used it. Guess you know how that ended.



And Ithought you were supposed to be the smart one.

Who told you that

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 AM
  #432
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Home from surgery, did I miss anything good? Got the fff zyx sorted? My DVR came in for my FPV...gotta try that soon.
BTW, you know your an addict when you dream about heli flying...nit that I've every done that

edit..lmfao...gluing coffee cup handle back on!
Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 AM
  #433
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Home from surgery, did I miss anything good? Got the fff zyx sorted? My DVR came in for my FPV...gotta try that soon.
BTW, you know your an addict when you dream about heli flying...nit that I've every done that

edit..lmfao...gluing coffee cup handle back on!

Ok, I'll bite. I happen to be pretty certain you ain't a Texas surgeon!

Did you get cut on??

I hope all is well and that your modeling career isn't in jeopardy!

Lookin' forward to the FPV project!

b

EDIT: RE: "Missing anything good".......I am enjoying immensely Simons trials and tribulations with his Tarot ZYX not behaving due to a presumed firmware issue with the new flash model. Little does he know that I saw to it that he has buggy firmware in a measure to drive his anal retentive @ s s KRAZY! I sooooooo ashamed!
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:24 AM
  #434
pushinoldrc
 
pushinoldrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 403
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Home from surgery, did I miss anything good? Got the fff zyx sorted? My DVR came in for my FPV...gotta try that soon.
BTW, you know your an addict when you dream about heli flying...nit that I've every done that

edit..lmfao...gluing coffee cup handle back on!

Ok, I'll bite. I happen to be pretty certain you ain't a Texas surgeon!

Did you get cut on??

I hope all is well and that your modeling career isn't in jeopardy!

Lookin' forward to the FPV project!

b

EDIT: RE: "Missing anything good".......I am enjoying immensely Simons trials and tribulations with his Tarot ZYX not behaving due to a presumed firmware issue with the new flash model. Little does he know that I saw to it that he has buggy firmware in a measure to drive his anal retentive @ s s KRAZY! I sooooooo ashamed!
Iwas thinking "what'd he get cut off?"

I bet your not ashamed at all as you LYAO.

pushinoldrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 AM
  #435
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: hugj

Quick update on the hk 550fbl build I found the second problem if you include the canopy the main gear holder is slightly bent! This sucks
I have to order a new one or i will distroy the gears so add anothe 20.00 to the total I still hope to do a maden this weekend it depends on shipping!
Oh well WTH.
Hugh

Grrrrrrrr!

I secretly hope the build goes well for you personally but if it doesn't it will force me into doing the "right thing" which is, IF I pry my wallet open, thereby allowing GIANT moths to be set free and purchase a 550, I should be heading in the direction of an Align.

I've had NOTHING but good come out of my Align 500CF!!

Truly the best on YOUR build!

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:11 PM
  #436
hugj
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: danielsville, GA
Posts: 353
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hey you'all the 550 build tonight went fine! NO SUPRISES!!!! I have a new main gear mounting plate on the way with new oneway bearing and i ordered a counter rotating gear just in case.
So far if you included the price of the heli and the parts i'm at 165.00 not including the canopy "wifie baught" or shipping The rest of the heli quality seems good.
Tonight I sorted the tail not centering just had the servo arm in the wrong spot. Got the beastx and all cyclic servos mounted made intial adj. to them and looks good so far!
If these pictures will upload the first is the heli with the canopy the second is a size comparison 450 to 550
take care Hugh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74360.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1805581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39566.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1805582  
hugj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:00 PM
  #437
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: hugj

Hey you'all the 550 build tonight went fine! NO SUPRISES!!!! I have a new main gear mounting plate on the way with new oneway bearing and i ordered a counter rotating gear just in case.
So far if you included the price of the heli and the parts i'm at 165.00 not including the canopy "wifie baught" or shipping The rest of the heli quality seems good.
Tonight I sorted the tail not centering just had the servo arm in the wrong spot. Got the beastx and all cyclic servos mounted made intial adj. to them and looks good so far!
If these pictures will upload the first is the heli with the canopy the second is a size comparison 450 to 550
take care Hugh
Wow that thing is HUGE!!!!!.
Looking good and cant wait to see the maiden.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:20 PM
  #438
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: hugj

Hey you'all the 550 build tonight went fine! NO SUPRISES!!!! I have a new main gear mounting plate on the way with new oneway bearing and i ordered a counter rotating gear just in case.
So far if you included the price of the heli and the parts i'm at 165.00 not including the canopy "wifie baught" or shipping The rest of the heli quality seems good.
Tonight I sorted the tail not centering just had the servo arm in the wrong spot. Got the beastx and all cyclic servos mounted made intial adj. to them and looks good so far!
If these pictures will upload the first is the heli with the canopy the second is a size comparison 450 to 550
take care Hugh
Wow that thing is HUGE!!!!!.
Looking good and cant wait to see the maiden.
Indeed it is huge...and Ibet it sounds awesome as well. Hope your parts arrive for the maiden this weekend.

Jonesy



ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:48 PM
  #439
mnemennth
 
mnemennth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Victoria TX
Posts: 615
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: hugj

Hey you'all the 550 build tonight went fine! NO SUPRISES!!!! I have a new main gear mounting plate on the way with new oneway bearing and i ordered a counter rotating gear just in case.
So far if you included the price of the heli and the parts i'm at 165.00 not including the canopy "wifie baught" or shipping The rest of the heli quality seems good.
Tonight I sorted the tail not centering just had the servo arm in the wrong spot. Got the beastx and all cyclic servos mounted made intial adj. to them and looks good so far!
If these pictures will upload the first is the heli with the canopy the second is a size comparison 450 to 550
take care Hugh
Hugh -

Did you get the PMI sent you?

There were 1-ways and holders and gears and pinions in that lot.... please tell me you're the one who bought it! I was sorely tempted to get it, just against the day I might need the parts!

mnem
FNARFF!



mnemennth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:01 PM
  #440
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

My "Friday post". Had a goods show last Fiday and Saturday with a on very short notice formation flight arranged along with two ancient Vampires on the sides and a L39 in the lead with me at the rear.  Been a heck of long time since I had done that but to have a jet's tail 50 ft in front and about 10 ft above you takes a  lot of concentration.  Only picture I could get was a cellphone one taken by my son in law depicting a minute plane in the frame.

Hugh, nice buy and welcome to the 550E owners association, yours however does not have the unmentionable on it. Brian your will enjoy such a bird.

Edmund 

BTW Pi..ing down here but we do need it.
Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:17 AM
  #441
hugj
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: danielsville, GA
Posts: 353
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

yes i did thanks i'm trying to arrange that
hugj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:57 PM
  #442
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Boo !!
ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:42 PM
  #443
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

@ Jonesy - GOOD GOD you scared me! "Workin'" ATM. Evening shift tonight and tomorrow! [:@]

@ Edmund - Glad you had a great time and can only IMAGINE being in one of those lovely aircraft (without vomiting) and how cool that must be!

@ Hugh - Did your parts make it in, in time??? Lookin' forward to seeing that monster in the air!!!

@ All - Worked on my 450 the other day and did installs of the new 415s and then an hour a day later and got the new cyclics sycronized using the CopterX software. Just need to reassemble and test. Prolly going to go to the field Tuesday morning and fly around. Been waaaaaay too long from flyin' the 500!

Best to all!

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:31 PM
  #444
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hey you guys its the weekend and nothing ever happens here usually.

Just took the GT out to test the Hobbymate gyro but the wind picked up as soon as the heli came out of the box.

Not the ideal way to try out anything new but hovered it for a pack anyway. Well I mean tried to keep it from hitting the deck.

It seemed to handle the wind ok but way to sensitive and will tone it down a bit for next time.

Way to windy to do a proper review so it will have to wait till another time.

@ Brian. You will really notice the difference using those new servos. Time for some blather I think.

@ Jonesy. Thanks for waking me up.
ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:44 PM
  #445
hugj
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: danielsville, GA
Posts: 353
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Yes the parts arrived! Did the final set up all was good toke out back for spool up wnet fine did a quick lift had tail wag!!!
Never had that with the beastx made a few adj. no better it got worse!
  China bearings the tail shaft bearings lasted 1 min. tail loose and no control.
I hung my head and said ***.
All other bearings seem and i mean seem to be fine so i will either order new ones or make a visit to the not so local hobby shop.
As the say in for a penney in for a pound.
She was a sight the heli will be great after i get rid of the crap bearings! I hope!
Hugh
hugj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:57 PM
  #446
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: hugj

Yes the parts arrived! Did the final set up all was good toke out back for spool up wnet fine did a quick lift had tail wag!!!
Never had that with the beastx made a few adj. no better it got worse!
China bearings the tail shaft bearings lasted 1 min. tail loose and no control.
I hung my head and said ***.
All other bearings seem and i mean seem to be fine so i will either order new ones or make a visit to the not so local hobby shop.
As the say in for a penney in for a pound.
She was a sight the heli will be great after i get rid of the crap bearings! I hope!
Hugh

Glad to know there was no damage!

Yah, in my fantasy world I figured I would lay hands on the HK550 kit and replace ALL bearings first thing to include the one way bearing.

I am dubuious at best of those things. To the point where I am paranoid about just buying the Align kit. Then the ghosts of dead Scottish relatives tome to haunt me!

b

PS Yah, Ingleburn, time for some mindless blather! Tuesday I think!
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:25 PM
  #447
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: hugj

Yes the parts arrived! Did the final set up all was good toke out back for spool up wnet fine did a quick lift had tail wag!!!
Never had that with the beastx made a few adj. no better it got worse!
China bearings the tail shaft bearings lasted 1 min. tail loose and no control.
I hung my head and said ***.
All other bearings seem and i mean seem to be fine so i will either order new ones or make a visit to the not so local hobby shop.
As the say in for a penney in for a pound.
She was a sight the heli will be great after i get rid of the crap bearings! I hope!
Hugh
I feel your pain. Im in the habbit of replacing the tail bearings straight away
Glad no harm was done and better luck next time.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:44 PM
  #448
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob

@ Jonesy - GOOD GOD you scared me! "Workin'" ATM. Evening shift tonight and tomorrow! [:@]

b
Thought it was quite around here

We have a dodgy forecast for this weekend and the rest of the week so I did not bother charging any 450 packs. Has been nice and calm first and last thing for the past few days so I've been giving the mcpx a good run out the front before it gets too windy.

I'm really happy with the TGY-306G servo Iput on my second 450 PRO I've ordered another one to replace the Align DS520 Ihave on number 1. I'm only running them at 4.8v from a turnigy plush but the 306G seems to hold the tail better than the ds520 as it's a little quicker. You do need the little servo adapter bracket to mount it to the tray of the pro, but they are only about $3.

Based on about 20 flights on the new pro I would recommend the 306G for the tail and Irekon they would even make a ripper cyclic setup as well. No slop has developed in the 306G so far either.

@Hugh - Bugger about the bearings, hope you get her in the air soon.

Best to everyone and hope you get some flying in.



ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:13 PM
  #449
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob

@ Jonesy - GOOD GOD you scared me! "Workin'" ATM. Evening shift tonight and tomorrow! [:@]

b
Thought it was quite around here

We have a dodgy forecast for this weekend and the rest of the week so I did not bother charging any 450 packs. Has been nice and calm first and last thing for the past few days so I've been giving the mcpx a good run out the front before it gets too windy.

I'm really happy with the TGY-306G servo Iput on my second 450 PRO I've ordered another one to replace the Align DS520 Ihave on number 1. I'm only running them at 4.8v from a turnigy plush but the 306G seems to hold the tail better than the ds520 as it's a little quicker. You do need the little servo adapter bracket to mount it to the tray of the pro, but they are only about $3.

Based on about 20 flights on the new pro I would recommend the 306G for the tail and Irekon they would even make a ripper cyclic setup as well. No slop has developed in the 306G so far either.

@Hugh - Bugger about the bearings, hope you get her in the air soon.

Best to everyone and hope you get some flying in.



Glad that servo is working for you. Still deciding what to do with mine. If the DS415's in the pro get anymore slop in them I might do a complete swap and put the turnigy on the tail and the inolabs on the cyclic.
Wind is suppose to drop here soon so might get a chance to take the GT out and tweak the Hobbymate.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:51 PM
  #450
Kozzy_98
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SydneyNew South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 290
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hey all.

Haven't done anything on the helis, been too focused on the quadcopter!

Currently have whats called the "Lazy #4" syndrome. Registered on blasted RCG forum! Nothing bad as of yet! Will have to find a tachometer to see if I have fixed the Lazy #4.

Sadly I haven't got a tacho. Will see if I can use a guitar tuner to measure the pitch of the motors in relation to their actual RPMs.

If not I will have to go to Peter's house and beg for his tacho that I once saw in his toolbox


Kozzy_98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:37 AM.