Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 27 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Musings............

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNDsXLAjQRE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7 (soon to be retired) / Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Gemini 600 Catamaran / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / Paradise sail boat /Big Swamp Buggy / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rikybob

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: Flying Fiz

But like Ingleburn and Jonesy say the Nano cpx looks great and I intend to get one of those any day now.
    Ordered my nano, should have it this Friday or Next Monday. Will report back with thoughts, video and review. Looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Jonesy

Don't you already have your hands on a "Nano"??

(Please Lord forgive me for takin' the easy joke)[8D]
    b
    LOL ..... it's the Nano that got me in this trouble. Technically I've bought her first heli....well that's what I tell the wifey

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just watching the Finless Bob videos..

He goes through adjusting the whole head, which is understandable.

However with the MT head, there are only 2 adjustable linkages! Methinks its time that I order some linkage rods for the head...

Put simply, I currently have THESE linkages, and I would prefer to buy a whole set of adjustable ones such as THESE
    Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6i

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Kozzy,

On one of the first changes of the 450 pro they eliminated all but 2 adjustable links in the head. Most folks think it helped (setup easier and tracking easier/quicker). Did you watch Bob's video on the 450 pro? However I am not familiar at all wit the MT head.

Best,
    Ken
    MCX, MSR, BOL, Blade SR, franKENblade 400, FBL 450, mCPX, FBL 500, AXN FPV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

My mcpx has been out of action for months and Ihave some parts arriving today to freshen it up. I think when they get to a point when they need major repairs and lots of parts replaced it's better just to buy a new one.

I disagree!!
    All the best!
    b
    Yeah, I'm in two minds with this. If you keep on top of the repairs and replace things as they break then it's ok, but if you let it go and you need a heap of stuff then it adds up. I've just replaced basically everything except the board and servos. About $80 worth. I think next time it will be a brushless conversion.

Jonesy
    Or a 130X .
    I think a brushless mcpx setup is far more practicle than a 130x given the $300 price tag for a 130x...way overpriced I think. They should be about $229. They screw you with the parts either way as well. You can get a blade FB 450 3D for $325. A 130x is too big and fast to fly in my front yard so If im going to the field Imight as well fly the 450.

I think the mcpx is still the best learning tool given it's crashability.

Jonesy

I have to agree with you here.. the 130X does everything as advertised but it still the odd one out in my fleet.. Its too angry to fly indoors, where the MCPX can easily be flown in a small bedroom...

The 130 X is just like a 450 Pro to fly, so why not just fly the Pro.... I ask myself that question every time I fly it...

The MCPX is a far better trainer in my opinion..

But this one should be even better.. I am waiting with baited breath....

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...#quickOverview

Hope everyone is well. , I am still flying but only around 3-5 flights a week.. work takes me away from my helis for weeks at a time...

Nice simple lines on the white canopy Simon, it has a very fluid, "organic" look..

..... frakkin cylons...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

I have to agree with you here.. the 130X does everything as advertised but it still the odd one out in my fleet.. Its too angry to fly indoors, where the MCPX can easily be flown in a small bedroom...

The 130 X is just like a 450 Pro to fly, so why not just fly the Pro.... I ask myself that question every time I fly it...

Hope everyone is well. , I am still flying but only around 3-5 flights a week.. work takes me away from my helis for weeks at a time...

Nice simple lines on the white canopy Simon, it has a very fluid, "organic" look..

Nice of you to drop in Rob. Must be killing you to only get that many flights in a week.
    Yeah I havent had any interest in getting a 130X and Im not sure whether a nano will be on my shopping list either. Will wait a bit and see what you guys think of them.

I see you and Phil are drifting more to planks these days and just found something on HK that combines the 2. Wonder how lond before Phil gets one of these.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBLckuVRnc&feature=share&list=UUkNMDHVq-_6aJEh2uRBbRmw[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah I saw that on hobbyking.

Have no idea how it works cause it seems to be a plank mixed with a helicopter...
    Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Yeah I saw that on hobbyking.

Have no idea how it works cause it seems to be a plank mixed with a helicopter...

Hi Kozzy,

Its an autogyro.. the top rotor is unpowered, the propellor provides forward thrust and the top rotor "autorotates" from the forward motion and is tilted backwards..

Imagine holding your helicopter nose up about 30 degrees into a very strong wind with the rotors set about -3 degrees pitch.. they will rotate and spin quite fast...

This disk then acts effectively like a wing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHL8z3KGt-s

This footage from a James Bond film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvbbQaIoaSM

The top rotor is unpowered in flight but they can engage a clutch to spin it up just before take off..

Like here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGw3oZkOgHY

..... frakkin cylons...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice of you to drop in Rob. Must be killing you to only get that many flights in a week.
    Yeah I havent had any interest in getting a 130X and Im not sure whether a nano will be on my shopping list either. Will wait a bit and see what you guys think of them.

I see you and Phil are drifting more to planks these days and just found something on HK that combines the 2. Wonder how lond before Phil gets one of these.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBLckuVRnc&feature=share&list=UUkNMDHVq-_6aJEh2uRBbRmw[/youtube]

I just saw the Nano CPX are in stock at RC Hobbies.. I'll post a review tonight...
    ..... frakkin cylons...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just saw the Nano CPX are in stock at RC Hobbies.. I'll post a review tonight...
    Looking forward to your thoughts. Mines arriving on Monday. I'm expecting it to be awesome.... mainly the tail holding better than mcpx which is my biggest problem.

Jonesy

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys. Well today I put the troubled GT in a corner and took the Pro out for a fly. Ive been spending so much time trying to sort it out that Ive forgotten why Im in this hobby.
    Anyway had a great time until the last battery which died on me just when the timer went off. Got it down without any damage but will have to keep an eye on all my packs as they are now a year old.
    Marked the bad one so I never use it again but might have to look at getting some new ones. Anyway here is the video, which is close enough to a year since I got into 450's.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8v2ji2tNBg[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys. Well today I put the troubled GT in a corner and took the Pro out for a fly. Ive been spending so much time trying to sort it out that Ive forgotten why Im in this hobby.
    Anyway had a great time until the last battery which died on me just when the timer went off. Got it down without any damage but will have to keep an eye on all my packs as they are now a year old.
    Marked the bad one so I never use it again but might have to look at getting some new ones. Anyway here is the video, which is close enough to a year since I got into 450's.
    Nice flying Ingleburn... I'd rather be flying than fixing as well. Your really starting to fling that thing around. All of my original turnigy and zippy batteries have given up on me in the last few weeks. They had around 180-200 flights on them. You'll find to that you will need to reduce your flight time down as you get better as your taxing the battery more as well. I've been really happy with the nano-tech 35-70's, they have more punch than the zippy/turnigy for sure. Just bought another couple this week.

Thanks for the shout out. Yes we are very close to bub ariving...could be any day now. Due date is still 2 weeks away but they rekon she might be early.

Bite the bullet with the Tarot, I'm really happy with mine. Both of the main gear hubs were warped (the bit the OWB is pressed into), but everything else has been great. I just bought align hubs for about 12 bucks.....Ithink one still has the hub and OWB from the GT in it. Main gears, main shafts, tail shafts and all bearings have been exceptional. Much better than the hobbyking. Ireplaced two bearings in the rear torque tube after about 120 flights as they were a little notchy.

Jonesy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@ Ingleburn - Phil and I speak privately and he is busting is *ss on a BIG project! Great flyin' and even better BLATHER! I've got a new pair of new cam glasses (I took delivery of the HD cam glasses and they were DOA!) and look forward to providing more out-of-frame blather! Thanx for the shout out! I will get my hobby thing sorted soon enough. I hear there are natural slumps. I have crazy patience but prolly too cheap for golf! Besides I'm a BIG SISSY and don't like spending time away from wifey! Good luck on the GT! I know it seems crazy but the bigger ones are waaayyyyyyy easier to work on! The HK500GT is REALLY a great value. Without batteries 200ish all up! Think about it before you plunk down on another "small"!

@ Jonesy - PMing you my mailing addy so you can mail your whole heli kit. Go ahead and send it now so the separation anxiety will be less! (Ouch)

@ All - Getting over a sinus infection and enjoying our "Fall" here in Florida. Muuuuuuch nicer Wx! Will go flyin' Wed/Thur if nothing weird happens!

All the best!

B
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7 (soon to be retired) / Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Gemini 600 Catamaran / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / Paradise sail boat /Big Swamp Buggy / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Besides I'm a BIG SISSY and don't like spending time away from wifey!
    Whipped! (silently crying in envy.....)

How ya feel beter soon

MCX, MSR, BOL, Blade SR, franKENblade 400, FBL 450, mCPX, FBL 500, AXN FPV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@ Ingleburn - Phil and I speak privately and he is busting is *ss on a BIG project! Great flyin' and even better BLATHER! I've got a new pair of new cam glasses (I took delivery of the HD cam glasses and they were DOA!) and look forward to providing more out-of-frame blather! Thanx for the shout out! I will get my hobby thing sorted soon enough. I hear there are natural slumps. I have crazy patience but prolly too cheap for golf! Besides I'm a BIG SISSY and don't like spending time away from wifey! Good luck on the GT! I know it seems crazy but the bigger ones are waaayyyyyyy easier to work on! The HK500GT is REALLY a great value. Without batteries 200ish all up! Think about it before you plunk down on another "small"!

@ Jonesy - PMing you my mailing addy so you can mail your whole heli kit. Go ahead and send it now so the separation anxiety will be less! (Ouch)

@ All - Getting over a sinus infection and enjoying our "Fall" here in Florida. Muuuuuuch nicer Wx! Will go flyin' Wed/Thur if nothing weird happens!

All the best!

B
    Yeah my clubs cost me almost $2000 and they now sit in the shed going rusty.
    By the time you get there, play golf, have a drink or 2 and get back home the better part of your day is gone. And then I usually curled up on the lounge and slept for a couple of hours.
    Bet wifey would love that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice flying Ingleburn... I'd rather be flying than fixing as well. Your really starting to fling that thing around. All of my original turnigy and zippy batteries have given up on me in the last few weeks. They had around 180-200 flights on them. You'll find to that you will need to reduce your flight time down as you get better as your taxing the battery more as well. I've been really happy with the nano-tech 35-70's, they have more punch than the zippy/turnigy for sure. Just bought another couple this week.

Thanks for the shout out. Yes we are very close to bub ariving...could be any day now. Due date is still 2 weeks away but they rekon she might be early.

Bite the bullet with the Tarot, I'm really happy with mine. Both of the main gear hubs were warped (the bit the OWB is pressed into), but everything else has been great. I just bought align hubs for about 12 bucks.....Ithink one still has the hub and OWB from the GT in it. Main gears, main shafts, tail shafts and all bearings have been exceptional. Much better than the hobbyking. Ireplaced two bearings in the rear torque tube after about 120 flights as they were a little notchy.

Jonesy

My finger is itching over the button as we speak. Already have 3 nanotechs ready to go.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Unfortunately for you I've only got those really small 450 size birds that you don't like anymore, which will be no good sitting beside your larger posh git helis

Speaking of posh git helis, my nano just turned up. It's sooo tiny. Might even be able to take it to the hospital to fly lol

Hope everyone over there stay's safe as there looks to be some nasty weather closing in.

Jonesy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

fficedocumentsettings>fficedocumentsettings>
    My finger is itching over the button as we speak. Already have 3 nanotechs ready to go.

oomodel newletter rekons they have 6% off, better than nothing.

October Coupons: THY2012 , 6% OFF For All RC Products
    verridetablestylehps>verridetablestylehps>

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok guys no 130 for me then. Just more time on those I do have. Had to hear it again this weekend about the clutter on the TV cabinet not flying as often as it should. Wifey returned to work after many weeks rcovering so this coming Saturday will be an Edmund day. Long overdue and even being Monday I am already looking forward to it.

Have a great week all will watch your posts as it come up on my screen.

Edmund

To those in the US we pray that New York & DC are not to badly affected by the hurricane coming in in a few hours from now.

Esky Belt CP V2, Esky Belt CP V2 CX, BIG Lama, Ultimate Big Lama, Lama 4, DX6i, Align TREX 550E, Blade mCPX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2 Grand for a phreaking golf club?!?!? I say buy a Goblin 700. Looks alot more "flash"!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

fficedocumentsettings>fficedocumentsettings>

oomodel newletter rekons they have 6% off, better than nothing.

October Coupons: THY2012 , 6% OFF For All RC Products
    verridetablestylehps>verridetablestylehps>
    Thanks Jonesy, just saved me $16. Pro is on the way.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All the best!

B
    The 450 is plenty big enough for where I fly and I already have all the electrics waiting.
    And in case you havent noticed Im practising to take over your crown as king of blather.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Ok guys no 130 for me then. Just more time on thoseI do have. Had to hear it again this weekend about the clutter on the TV cabinet not flying as often as it should. Wifey returned to work after many weeks rcovering so this coming Saturday will bean Edmund day. Long overdue and even being Monday I am already looking forward to it.

Edmund

To those in the US we pray that New York & DC are not to badly affected by the hurricane coming in in a few hours from now.

Glad the wife has healed and make sure you enjoy your day.
    Havent been watching the news but will check out that storm.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Unfortunately for you I've only got those really small 450 size birds that you don't like anymore, which will be no good sitting beside your larger posh git helis [img][/img]

Speaking of posh git helis, my nano just turned up.Β* It's sooo tiny.Β* Might even be able to take it to the hospital to fly lol [img][/img]

Hope everyone over there stay's safe as there looks to be some nasty weather closing in.

Jonesy

Yah, good point. One would the Capuchin monkey hands to even attempt to work on said 450's!

Speakin' of tiny heli's, will require a full report on the Nano!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Ok guys no 130 for me then. Just more time on thoseΒ*I do have. Had to hear it again this weekend about the clutter on the TV cabinet not flying as often as it should. Wifey returned to work after many weeks rcovering so this coming Saturday will beΒ*an Edmund day. Long overdue and even being Monday I am already looking forward to it.

Edmund

Hiya Edmund!

Pleased to hear wifey is on the mend and that you are going to get some "me" time!

Yah, the 130 seems like a bust but that Nano......??

Happy fliying!

b

Page 27 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast