T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Reply
Old 10-31-2012, 03:46 PM
  #701
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob

I'm almost sorry to do this to you.

Please feel free, during this ''tome'' to trim your nails, shine your shoes or beat your dog!

I'm truly sorry!

b
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M12amdG8dU[/youtube]

PS Knocked out 6 batteries today!

Ahhhh..... the invisible helicopter [img][/img]




I have some observations about that. I could, in actuality fudge and tell ya'll I'm doing flips, rolls, hoop de do's and such but I feel confident that you would catch on![:'(]

The other observation is, is that either the glasses are designed for looking straight ahead POV or my head is oddly shaped.

Sadly I think my head is oddly shaped![:@]

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:19 PM
  #702
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Monring guys, sad to advise that my flight status for jets has been changed to Grounded, PERMANENTLY. This due to an inoperable hernia from my naval to just below my breast bone. (Do not know what it is called in English). Also gone onto Insulin as from two weeks ago so no way they will allow me to fly a single seater aircraft again. 

Hope to get some flying in tomorrow but weather here has been funny with strong winds and almost daily rain.

Edmund
Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:32 AM
  #703
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Monring guys, sad to advise that my flight status for jetshas been changed to Grounded, PERMANENTLY. This due to an inoperable hernia from my naval to just below my breast bone. (Do not know what it is called in English). Also gone onto Insulin as from two weeks ago so no way they will allow me to fly a single seater aircraft again.

Hope to get some flying in tomorrow but weather here has been funnywith strong winds and almost daily rain.

Edmund
Sorry to here Edmond. Life sucks sometimes but I hope youre still able to fly other aircraft.
How did your Monday me day go?

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:15 AM
  #704
hugj
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: danielsville, GA
Posts: 353
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Dam that suck's!
I hope thimgs will inprove and you will be able to get to fly some.
youcould go hog wild and build a scale jet with turbines and the works then
fly it like crazy show those docs. you still can fly with that hernia!
Take care Hugh
hugj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:10 AM
  #705
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Monring guys, sad to advise that my flight status for jets has been changed to Grounded, PERMANENTLY. This due to an inoperable hernia from my naval to just below my breast bone. (Do not know what it is called in English). Also gone onto Insulin as from two weeks ago so no way they will allow me to fly a single seater aircraft again.

Hope to get some flying in tomorrow but weather here has been funny with strong winds and almost daily rain.

Edmund

Hiya Edmund!

Sorry to hear about your hernia.

My wife calls it an "umbilical hernia". PM why they can't operate??

As for insulin, don't look at it as a bad thing. Eventually I will be on insulin and will use a "pump". It is a MUCH BETTER way to manage diabetes. If my lifestyle permitted I would have been on insulin a long time ago!

I hope the Wx eases up and look forward to a flight report!

On another note I bought myself a little xmas present [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20103]HERE![/link]

b

rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:39 AM
  #706
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III



I suppose I will be able to fly other aircraft  with a co-pilot just may not fly jets anymore, but it has also been 8 years since I have flown a prop job  to a farm and back we had at that time and 10 years before that on a regular basis towing gliders.

As for the MY day it is tomorrow, I have only 1 todooo thing and the rest of the day up to 17h00 will be mine. Weather clearing and anything that can fly outside will handle the wind as it is now. May even consider going to the gliding club and just get into one for a few hours to clear the mind.

Edmund  

Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:29 AM
  #707
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Edmund2



I suppose I will be able to fly other aircraft with a co-pilot just may not fly jets anymore, but it has also been 8 years since I have flown a prop job to a farm and back we had at that time and 10 years before that on a regular basis towing gliders.

As for the MY day it is tomorrow, I have only 1 todooo thing and the rest of the day up to 17h00 will be mine. Weather clearing and anything that can fly outside will handle the wind as it is now. May even consider going to the gliding club and just get into one for a few hours to clear the mind.

Edmund


Yah, I think getting into a glider is a GREAT idea!

I've played the "chess game of life" and literally since my early teens have done the "probability" of life out to a "T"!

Everything that has happened to me both good and bad have been thought out in probability and I have to thank God that for the most part, looking back has all been good.

There are a lot of things I can't do anymore from eating cake, to racing cars or "having Redheads" (Oh, I do love a red headed gal)!

I knew, for instance that I my health would fade as I aged and when I contracted type II diabetes I was kind of "happy" and my friends and family thought I was CRAZY!

They asked "Why were you happy when the doctor reported you have diabetes"?

I simply replied "Well, it ain't CANCER"!

Life is good when you have options!

Go fly your glider and revel in your previous years and the years yet to come!

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:59 AM
  #708
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Interesting stuff [link=http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/blog/2012/11/01/ama-revising-fpv-policy/]HERE.[/link]

Particularly on the FPV stuff!

The AMA is trying to get ahead of the government b/c this tech is getting sooooo cheap and available.

AMA knows that about the 1st time there is a issue with FPV the government will shut us hobby guys down in a New York minute!

b

PS The 1st time I go to a conference with my wife [link=http://www.sawgrassmarriott.com/]HERE.[/link]HERE and it's a "Blue Bird day! Grrrrrr! I could have carried a chopper with me but when I do it's NO FLY Wx! Ratz!!
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:04 PM
  #709
sgbfly
 
sgbfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Worksop Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 1,947
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Monring guys, sad to advise that my flight status for jetshas been changed to Grounded, PERMANENTLY. This due to an inoperable hernia from my naval to just below my breast bone. (Do not know what it is called in English). Also gone onto Insulin as from two weeks ago so no way they will allow me to fly a single seater aircraft again.

Hope to get some flying in tomorrow but weather here has been funnywith strong winds and almost daily rain.

Edmund
Hi Edmund,

I too am sorry to hear about your hernia and it grounding you.

Best wishes

Simon

sgbfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:18 PM
  #710
sgbfly
 
sgbfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Worksop Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 1,947
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hi Guy's,

I thought I'd share some recent videos. I have uploaded several to my Youtube account of the last few weeks, but these are the highlights.

First up a seagull encounter captured on the helicopters onboard camera. Just some sport flying made more interesting by a close shave with a seagull. I've appended the best frame grabs to the end of the video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FANMsNSOr14[/youtube]

Second a flight from yesterday had some very fast flying in it. So much so that I'm confident my heli exceeded 100 kph.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsxSv5rn84E[/youtube]

Finally & dedicated to Edmund as we are both graduates of the Esky Big Lama thread: Not as epic as an international BOL flight you told us about but good fun all the same. This flight gave me some good aerial photos like the one attached below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4677zAqN9Y[/youtube]

Best to all and thanks for all the kind comments on YouTube over the last few weeks.

Simon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34847.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	1816917  
sgbfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:41 PM
  #711
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Edmund, guess you'll just have to move on to ROCKETS! Seriously, all the best. As I tell my wife, "I ain't half the boy I used to be!"

BTW, I've cut my sugar intake back because of high readings in th hospital, and bug bites on the legs take much longer to heal...sigh.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Best,
Ken
Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:01 PM
  #712
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hi guys, just thought Id drop in and give you all a laugh for the weekend.
Just got back from practicing some inverted with the MCPX. Not very successful but sure to give you all a good laugh.
Went through 5 batteries and this is a compilation of crashes from the last one.
Heli is in pieces now to replace the damage which was tail blade, frame, elevator linkage, swash which snapped a ball, main gear and most probably a feathering shaft.
Maybe I should spend some time on the sim to get my orientations right before I give it another go.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivuVAuM0IeE[/youtube]
ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:37 PM
  #713
Tinkman
 
Tinkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 755
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Edmund, so sorry to hear the news. I can’t imagine something so cool being taken from your life. For some reason we all just keep getting older, and as time goes by more and more ailments seem to creep in. In my estimation you have this consolation: very few of us have ever had the opportunity to fly a jet, although I’m confident in saying that most on this thread would love to have the opportunity.. you’ve already out-accomplished most of the world’s population. I know this doesn’t help much, but maybe it’ll help put your accomplishments thus far into perspective.
Enough of that, now let’s talk about me. Sorry to say, I’ve been lurking for way too long. I finally had the time and motivation to fly today, almost one month to the day since my last flight, which was almost one month to the day after the one prior…
Anyway, it was great. The weather was un-characteristically calm and warm. I had forgotten how much fun the HK-450 was to fly. It took a bit to get the thumbs re-acquainted, but after that is was pure joy. I only wish I got the flight on video so I could share with you guys.
So here’s the “take-away”. I’m an official Lurker, but I still fly from time to time and appreciate the camaraderie that still exists on this thread. You guys are great.
BTW, Simon, Good Lord Man! Your flying skills have improved 10 fold. I watched the last few videos you posted and all I gotta say is, “Holy Crap!” You are the man…
Enough said,
Peace Out!

Joaquin
Tinkman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:41 PM
  #714
Kozzy_98
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SydneyNew South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 290
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

All this talk about what happens when your older...

I remember when I was only 6 years old and I thought to myself that I gotta wait 10 years till I get my learners driving license (L Plates). Now its less than two years until I turn 16.

And I suppose life goes up from there! Hehe..

Not much flying due to exams which finish on Tuesday. After that I should be back up in the air!
Kozzy_98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:47 AM
  #715
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Hi guys, just thought Id drop in and give you all a laugh for the weekend.
Just got back from practicing some inverted with the MCPX. Not very successful but sure to give you all a good laugh.
Went through 5 batteries and this is a compilation of crashes from the last one.
Heli is in pieces now to replace the damage which was tail blade, frame, elevator linkage, swash which snapped a ball, main gear and most probably a feathering shaft.
Maybe I should spend some time on the sim to get my orientations right before I give it another go.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivuVAuM0IeE[/youtube]
Yeah that was a bit of a laugh...but seriously I don't think you too far away from nailing it.



ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:06 AM
  #716
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Nano Cp x update

I've got about 30 flights on it now. I've been trying to do a couple of batteries each day but it's been really windy. It's a great little heli. Took about 10 packs for the wobble to almost disappear and for the lipos to reach max power. The most awesome thing about this heli is Ican't get the tail to blowout, no matter what Itry.

I tried to fly my mcpx today and it's a pos after flying the nano...it was definately holding me back. Maby mines just stuffed as I"m sure it flew better than it does when I first bought it, but Iwasn't and the skill level I'm at now either, not that that's anything to rave over.

The nano is smaller but beacuse you don't lose the tail all the time you can fly it closer with confidence so the size it not really an issue.

Ihave encountered another issue with it not initialising when you plug the battery in....the led just flashes like it want to be bound again. Quick search on HF and it seems to be a common problem, where you need to be a few feet away from the tx otherise it will not initialise. Had no problems since I did this.

Anyone that's on the fence about getting the nano Iwould say go ahead and get one. I've nailed it into the ground a few times and it's still got zero damage, seems to be a lot more durable than the mcpx.

Jonesy




ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:42 AM
  #717
Rob2160
 
Rob2160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 4,786
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Nano Cp x update

I've got about 30 flights on it now. I've been trying to do a couple of batteries each day but it's been really windy. It's a great little heli. Took about 10 packs for the wobble to almost disappear and for the lipos to reach max power. The most awesome thing about this heli is Ican't get the tail to blowout, no matter what Itry.

I tried to fly my mcpx today and it's a pos after flying the nano...it was definately holding me back. Maby mines just stuffed as I"m sure it flew better than it does when I first bought it, but Iwasn't and the skill level I'm at now either, not that that's anything to rave over.

The nano is smaller but beacuse you don't lose the tail all the time you can fly it closer with confidence so the size it not really an issue.

Ihave encountered another issue with it not initialising when you plug the battery in....the led just flashes like it want to be bound again. Quick search on HF and it seems to be a common problem, where you need to be a few feet away from the tx otherise it will not initialise. Had no problems since I did this.

Anyone that's on the fence about getting the nano Iwould say go ahead and get one. I've nailed it into the ground a few times and it's still got zero damage, seems to be a lot more durable than the mcpx.

Jonesy




I have to concur, the Nano is just awesome.. even when the battery is almost dead and the main rotor bogs down terribly, you can still flip it to inverted with absolutely no blow out.. I fly mine indoors in a small room at least 10 times per day now and just do 3 minutes of flips to inverted then upright again.. it is just amazing.. (try setting aileron and elevator to 110% travel and rudder to 115%, ) it feels awesome like this..

And it is totally indestructible.. I have crashed it at least 30 times, into concrete, lounges, brick walls, granite kitchen bench tops and nothing breaks, ever.. even the main gear never comes loose.. my main blades have a few tiny nicks in them but it still flies in perfect balance with no vibration..

This is a cool little heli.. mine has no wobble now after over 100 flights and is my heli of choice when on the road... (perfect size for hotel room aerobatics.)

interestingly,flying the nano indoors has improved my MCPX skills also.. I could only manage a safe flip indoors to inverted 20% of the time with the MCPX, now that is up to about 95%.... confidence from doing over 300 of them in the Nano I think...

And the price is right at $169 BNF.... much better than the 130 X...

Strongly recommend this helicopter...

I love landing on the celling also.. am thinking of sticking a few helipads up there just for the challenge...
Rob2160 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:42 PM
  #718
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob


On another note I bought myself a little xmas present [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20103]HERE![/link]
b
Slap an FPV setup on that and do some surveillance whilst your at work ...... and then you can claim it's a work expense

Jonesy

ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:03 PM
  #719
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rob2160
I have to concur, the Nano is just awesome.. even when the battery is almost dead and the main rotor bogs down terribly, you can still flip it to inverted with absolutely no blow out.. I fly mine indoors in a small room at least 10 times per day now and just do 3 minutes of flips to inverted then upright again.. it is just amazing.. (try setting aileron and elevator to 110% travel and rudder to 115%, ) it feels awesome like this..
@Rob - Yes, ok I'll try the travel adjust settings...cheers.

@Edmund - Sorry about the news, hopefully you can slot into something that still allows you to fly.

@b - Ipresume your at your posh git retreat having fun

@Simon - Thanks for sharing your vids the last week or so, some great footage there. I've had some birds on a number of occasions try and attack my heli. Fortunately I've not had a strike so far. The dragon flies love trying to scare off the mcpx and nano as well.

@Ingleburn - I"ve noticed your going for nose in inverted first, which is what Idid. Im not sure why but I found it easier just to lay it back over when Iwas learning as opposed to tail in. 10 minutes on the sim each day, you nail it. Best thing to learn this on the sim is the trex 700 (not the nitro coz you dont like the noise ).... put some expo in like 30% and then change the speed with the simulation speed dial back to about 60%. Iguarantee you'll have it nailed in 30 mins. Actually Idon't think most people utilise the simulation speed in Phoenix, I think it's a must do. It allows you brain and your thumbs a better chance to get it right. Increase the speed as you get better.

@All - Had an awesome morning flying today. The new motor in the #1 PRO rips, it's noticeably faster than the old one. No video sorry as Imust have forgot to charge my #16. Did 7 batteries on the 450's and I'm now doing moves on the 450's I've never done before and it's all becuase of the Nano. It's almost like the 450's are doing it in slow motion after flying the nano. I"m loving the nano, it's definately a confidence builder. I've got some nano-techs lipo's for it coming from HK so just using the 2 batteries for now.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Jonesy


ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:07 PM
  #720
hugj
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: danielsville, GA
Posts: 353
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hey Guy's we got a little flying in today, the wind picked up with a vengence though,
Bryan did get some flying in with the super sporster and helis. the gaui 425 was a victom of the wind on landing,
not a whole lot of damage but left it to be repaired again.
  I got the Pawnee 40 out and had a great time even with the wind the first video is of it with blathering!
The second is my 550 short flight to see how it handeled the wind.
I flew the gaui earler and had a great flight between gusts.
 I hope everyone is well if I did'nt mention your name in the vid. I'm sorry had brain farts happining.
  Hugh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCsCi0Mn9wY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Habs-6irvBc[/youtube]
hugj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:10 PM
  #721
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rob2160
I have to concur, the Nano is just awesome.. even when the battery is almost dead and the main rotor bogs down terribly, you can still flip it to inverted with absolutely no blow out.. I fly mine indoors in a small room at least 10 times per day now and just do 3 minutes of flips to inverted then upright again.. it is just amazing.. (try setting aileron and elevator to 110% travel and rudder to 115%, ) it feels awesome like this..
@Rob - Yes, ok I'll try the travel adjust settings...cheers.

@Edmund - Sorry about the news, hopefully you can slot into something that still allows you to fly.

@b - Ipresume your at your posh git retreat having fun

@Simon - Thanks for sharing your vids the last week or so, some great footage there. I've had some birds on a number of occasions try and attack my heli. Fortunately I've not had a strike so far. The dragon flies love trying to scare off the mcpx and nano as well.

@Ingleburn - I"ve noticed your going for nose in inverted first, which is what Idid. Im not sure why but I found it easier just to lay it back over when Iwas learning as opposed to tail in. 10 minutes on the sim each day, you nail it. Best thing to learn this on the sim is the trex 700 (not the nitro coz you dont like the noise ).... put some expo in like 30% and then change the speed with the simulation speed dial back to about 60%. Iguarantee you'll have it nailed in 30 mins. Actually Idon't think most people utilise the simulation speed in Phoenix, I think it's a must do. It allows you brain and your thumbs a better chance to get it right. Increase the speed as you get better.

@All - Had an awesome morning flying today. The new motor in the #1 PRO rips, it's noticeably faster than the old one. No video sorry as Imust have forgot to charge my #16. Did 7 batteries on the 450's and I'm now doing moves on the 450's I've never done before and it's all becuase of the Nano. It's almost like the 450's are doing it in slow motion after flying the nano. I"m loving the nano, it's definately a confidence builder. I've got some nano-techs lipo's for it coming from HK so just using the 2 batteries for now.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Jonesy


Sounds like the nanos are a winner then. To bad I've got a near new MCPX but maybe it might be a Xmas present later on.
Sounds like you're having a great weekend Jonesy and mine hasn't been to bad either.
Took the repaired MCPX out again this morning and made some great progress. The last battery I kept it inverted the whole time and pretty much next to me and in control most of the time. Only problem was that I've never had to flip it back to normal as I always crash before then.
Spent 20 seconds going over what I needed to do and then had a go. Went pretty well and got it landed in 1 piece for a change.

Then I took the pro out for a spin and went home happy. Had 1 hard landing on the tail so I better not make a habit of that when I get the new 1with the TT.

Hope the rest of you are having as good of a weekend as Jonesy and I are having. Might go charge some more batteries and make the most of it.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:45 PM
  #722
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

I see they are already selling brushless kits for the nano. http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...-brushless-kit
Think you crazy guys can handle it.
ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:56 PM
  #723
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn

I see they are already selling brushless kits for the nano. http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...-brushless-kit
Think you crazy guys can handle it.
Yeah was checking this out last night. Was interesting watching a vid with Bert Kammerer talking about them. He rekons the stock HH motor has plenty of power but like all the blade helis the power goes off towards the end of the flight. The brushless esc has a governor that give the motor a rest and gives you more of an even pack over the flight. I think I"m going to be keeping the nano for a while, Imay go brushless later on. There's reports that the main motors can be damaged easily in a crash, so I'll see how they go.

Ijust nailed my Nano into the concrete driveway inverted accidently, bent spindle. Took it apart and used a pair of pliers to straighten it...good as new.

Jonesy



ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:22 PM
  #724
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn

I see they are already selling brushless kits for the nano. http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...-brushless-kit
Think you crazy guys can handle it.
Yeah was checking this out last night. Was interesting watching a vid with Bert Kammerer talking about them. He rekons the stock HH motor has plenty of power but like all the blade helis the power goes off towards the end of the flight. The brushless esc has a governor that give the motor a rest and gives you more of an even pack over the flight. I think I"m going to be keeping the nano for a while, Imay go brushless later on. There's reports that the main motors can be damaged easily in a crash, so I'll see how they go.

Ijust nailed my Nano into the concrete driveway inverted accidently, bent spindle. Took it apart and used a pair of pliers to straighten it...good as new.

Jonesy



Yeah I cant believe how much force you have to use to straighten the MCPX ones. Amazing that something that light can bend something so strong.
I broke my frame again this morning but it was only the bottom posts so I used some velcro to fix the canopy to the battery tray.
Dont know why I didnt think of it earlier. Most of my damaged frames are the same so looks like I have a few spares now.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:19 PM
  #725
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn

I see they are already selling brushless kits for the nano. http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...-brushless-kit
Think you crazy guys can handle it.
Yeah was checking this out last night. Was interesting watching a vid with Bert Kammerer talking about them. He rekons the stock HH motor has plenty of power but like all the blade helis the power goes off towards the end of the flight. The brushless esc has a governor that give the motor a rest and gives you more of an even pack over the flight. I think I"m going to be keeping the nano for a while, Imay go brushless later on. There's reports that the main motors can be damaged easily in a crash, so I'll see how they go.

Ijust nailed my Nano into the concrete driveway inverted accidently, bent spindle. Took it apart and used a pair of pliers to straighten it...good as new.

Jonesy



Yeah I cant believe how much force you have to use to straighten the MCPX ones. Amazing that something that light can bend something so strong.
I broke my frame again this morning but it was only the bottom posts so I used some velcro to fix the canopy to the battery tray.
Dont know why I didnt think of it earlier. Most of my damaged frames are the same so looks like I have a few spares now.
Everything on the nano is smaller including that spindle, it's very thin and easy to bend which is bad...but makes it easier to straighten it.

ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:35 AM.