Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 11:49 PM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Everything on the nano is smaller including that spindle, it's very thin and easy to bend which is bad...but makes it easier to straighten it.

Are they as much a PIA to change. It drives me mad trying to get that small screw in.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:03 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Everything on the nano is smaller including that spindle, it's very thin and easy to bend which is bad...but makes it easier to straighten it.

Are they as much a PIA to change. It drives me mad trying to get that small screw in.
Much easier than mcpx, even though it is a lot smaller. One end of the shaft has a d or flat side and the other end has a nut with the same flat spot. They give you two plastic keyed tools that slide in the grips to undo it and tighten it etc. The nut has a bit of rubber cement on it to stop it from unwinding. Ijust used a small bit of hot glue.

The mcpx should have been like this with a nut.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
ingleburn

Hi guys, went out again today to get some more practice with the MCPX.
Its getting easier with each battery and not so many dumb thumbs.
After 5 packs practicing inverted and flips I took the 450 up and struggled with it so called it a day before I broke anything.

Anyway this video makes up for my last attempt which was awful.
I see where Jonesy and Rob are coming from as its made harder by the fact that the tail wanders so another thing to worry about as if there isn't enough going on.
Broke the TX aerial at the end trying to be smart and catch it at the end. Serves me right but popped it back on and will have to order a new pin.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgQs8UCgziY[/youtube]
Old 11-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Edmund2

Thank you all for the "condolences" regarding me being grounded. Did a number of packs on the mcpx on Saturday and some muscle memory are returning. Will be watching Simon's vides tonight as I did not log in over the weekend to check posts. Perfect weather here today but all flying stuff at home.

Edmund

Old 11-05-2012, 09:33 PM
ahamay

Had a great early morning flying session this morning before work. Got all my packs done and even a few flights on the nano whilst the wind was dead calm.

Here's a Nano and a 450 flight as it's been a bit boring around here of late....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z4La46ZLBQ&list=UU-LHgZeFvtPme6g4Ua07ajw&index=2&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-7wAivuCE[/youtube]
Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 AM
ingleburn

Had a great early morning flying session this morning before work. Got all my packs done and even a few flights on the nano whilst the wind was dead calm.

Here's a Nano and a 450 flight as it's been a bit boring around here of late....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z4La...2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-7wAivuCE
Yeah its been really quiet in here. After the weekend it usually comes to life.
Nice flying Jonesy, comments on YT. Youve nearly talked me into getting one.
Tracking shows my Tarot will be here tomorrow but I couldnt wait so I started the setup already. This is what a heli looks like without all the fancy bits.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 AM
ahamay

Tracking shows my Tarot will be here tomorrow but I couldnt wait so I started the setup already. This is what a heli looks like without all the fancy bits.

Nothing like getting a head start . Those 306g servos are great on the rudder, Ihave them on both of mine.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:37 AM
ingleburn

Nothing like getting a head start . Those 306g servos are great on the rudder, Ihave them on both of mine.

Im trying out the Inolab servos Simon uses on the cyclic. I wouldnt use the Align 415's again even if someone gave them to me.
These look interesting. www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__23466__TGY_211DMH_Metal_gear_Coreless_Digital_Se rvo_w_Heat_Sink_2_3kg_10sec_16g.html

Old 11-06-2012, 03:57 AM
Rob2160

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z4La46ZLBQ&list=UU-LHgZeFvtPme6g4Ua07ajw&index=2&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-7wAivuCE[/youtube]
Great vids and good info about the wobble in the Nano..

Today I picked up my 2nd Nano CPX (need one for the road...)

Out of the box it was way out of blade tracking.. by at least 8 mm...

I swapped blades, tried changing sides and blade type, and even swapped each of the plastic blade linkages.. nothing fixed it..

Then I compared the two side by side and the new one had a good 1mm of play in the blade holders (IE the spindle - feathering shaft had not been tightened correctly)

I then discovered why they include two small plastic drivers.... it needed a full 360 degrees of tightening.. no play and the blade tracking is perfect..

1st Nano has over 100 flights and 20 hard crashes, 2nd now about 10 flights and nil crashes, almost no noticable difference between the two... (the 1st is down about 5% on power but makes no difference)

It is a super awesome little helicopter..
Old 11-07-2012, 04:14 AM
rikybob

Hi all!

Another cold front pushes high winds into my area (on my day off.....grrrrrr!) so no flying today. Will see about tomorrow!

Ingleburn, Great viddys and great blather and enjoying the posts, in particular the "heli guts" post!

Jonesy, all the best on the upcoming "bub"!

All, I hope you are doing well and in good health! For those of us in the states the decision has been made and God Speed!

All the best!

b
Old 11-07-2012, 04:27 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

1st Nano has over 100 flights and 20 hard crashes, 2nd now about 10 flights and nil crashes, almost no noticable difference between the two... (the 1st is down about 5% on power but makes no difference)
I think my Nano is a bit down on power from when I first got it as well but the tail still holds right to the end of the pack no problems. I tried the bullet blades on it the other day when Ihad it down at the field and it's not as nice doing the flips and stuff but it's a quick little sucker doing fast forward flight. I was surprised that a small light heli like the nano could get up so much speed.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:32 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hi
b
Thanks everyone for the well wishes for the pending child... it really is getting close and exciting now. I've been trying to get as much flying in as I can before I have to ship all my helis over to Brian

This was my last pack at lunch time today...sorry no blather, but I"m really happy I've been able to transfer some of the things from the nano over to the 450.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzq1My7cJn8&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]

Old 11-07-2012, 10:41 AM
ingleburn

Hi
b
Thanks everyone for the well wishes for the pending child... it really is getting close and exciting now. I've been trying to get as much flying in as I can before I have to ship all my helis over to Brian

This was my last pack at lunch time today...sorry no blather, but I"m really happy I've been able to transfer some of the things from the nano over to the 450.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzq1M...=youtube_gdata

The only thing you have to remember is that the 450 isn't unbreakable like the nano.
Great flying though and I see youre letting it get closer to you all the time. You will be getting free hair cuts in no time.
In reply to your comment on YT yes I got my kit yesterday. And it really is a kit. Nothing is built except the head and tail and most of the screws I looked at were loose.
A good thing because at least you dont have to struggle to undo them only to loctite again. Quality looks great but havent checked the TT or main gear yet.
What I did find interesting was that it came with extra parts and some upgraded ones.
An extra set of canopy mounting pins and grommets and 2 sets of landing gear.
A new style main shaft with collar, Adjustable linkages, CF tail control rod and even loctite and grease.
The head, tail and swash look awesome as well. Very impressed and cant wait to start the build. Great set of instructions included.

Also tried out the Bluetooth adapter for the ZYX and connects to my tablet and phone great. No more wires.

Keep us all informed about the pending arrival and looking forward to all the OT discussions.

@ Brian. Welcome back and my voice is nearly gone so get out and fly so I can have a rest.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 PM
ahamay

The only thing you have to remember is that the 450 isn't unbreakable like the nano.
Great flying though and I see youre letting it get closer to you all the time. You will be getting free hair cuts in no time.
In reply to your comment on YT yes I got my kit yesterday. And it really is a kit. Nothing is built except the head and tail and most of the screws I looked at were loose.
A good thing because at least you dont have to struggle to undo them only to loctite again. Quality looks great but havent checked the TT or main gear yet.
What I did find interesting was that it came with extra parts and some upgraded ones.
An extra set of canopy mounting pins and grommets and 2 sets of landing gear.
A new style main shaft with collar, Adjustable linkages, CF tail control rod and even loctite and grease.
The head, tail and swash look awesome as well. Very impressed and cant wait to start the build. Great set of instructions included.
That's good news re the extra and upgraded parts...sounds like they have updated the kit since my last one. Collar on the mainshaft is the same but the CF tail control rod is new.

Yeah, there's no threadlock on anything wich is great, even all the balls on the swash have none...don't forget them. You'll have fun building this one without any phillips screws to strip out.

Look forward to the maiden

Old 11-07-2012, 02:43 PM
ingleburn

That's good news re the extra and upgraded parts...sounds like they have updated the kit since my last one. Collar on the mainshaft is the same but the CF tail control rod is new.

Yeah, there's no threadlock on anything wich is great, even all the balls on the swash have none...don't forget them. You'll have fun building this one without any phillips screws to strip out.

Did you use the thread lock that came with it or your own.
Seems a bit thicker than the stuff I'm using which seems better to me. Re the balls yeah I can undo them with my fingers.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:09 PM
ahamay

Seems a bit thicker than the stuff I'm using which seems better to me. Re the balls yeah I can undo them with my fingers.
No I've never used the threadlock or the grease they provided. I've always used my own loctite 243 (blue) on everything. It's probably fine to use, but I would go with what you know.

Did you end up with the black one or the silver one ? What colour canopy did you get ?

Jonesy

Old 11-07-2012, 07:06 PM
ingleburn

No I've never used the threadlock or the grease they provided. I've always used my own loctite 243 (blue) on everything. It's probably fine to use, but I would go with what you know.

Did you end up with the black one or the silver one ? What colour canopy did you get ?

Jonesy

I got the black one and the canopy is like this one but the colors are a bit different.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:59 AM
ingleburn

Well the first night of the Pro build didnt go according to plan after this hit. news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2012/11/08/18/13/hail-strong-winds-hit-western-sydney

Garage got flooded and water came through the ceilings in the bathroom and lounge but not to bad and all good now.
Might try again tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 AM
rikybob

@ Ingleburn - Sorry to hear about the Wx! Glad to hear damage was minimal!

@ Jonesy - Looking forward to a package!!!

@ All - Going to slip down to the field in a few and fly the beast, come back home and wash/wax the other "beast" (the big ole camper)!

Hope all is well in YOUR worlds!

PS Hope to get some good out of frame viddy for ya!

PSS Scratch the flying today as wind is WHIPPING! Grrrrrrr[:@]
Old 11-09-2012, 03:15 AM
rikybob

Hmmmm???

Odd, I just got a note from AU post with a tracking number???[8D]

In a related story I swear I can hear a baby crying???

b
Old 11-09-2012, 03:20 AM
ahamay

Hmmmm???
b
LOL... no such luck...yet.... post office is closed

Old 11-09-2012, 04:51 AM
ahamay

This guy has a death wish.....looks like he needs some expo lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fks7OWG7Gh0&feature=related[/youtube]
Old 11-09-2012, 05:02 AM
rikybob

I think what's funny is, is he finally uses a helmet!

b
Old 11-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Ddaddy

I think what's funny is, is he finally uses a helmet!

b
FINIALLY! I found it on HK....order placed....hope it gets here before Christmas

Old 11-10-2012, 12:38 AM
ingleburn

Hmmmm???

b
Nope thats just Jonesy crying over his stalled RC heli career.

No point sending them to you anyway, I hear you have forgotten how to fly.

The Pro build is going slowly but surely. Up to routing the wires and it doesnt get any easier.
But the build has been without dramas apart from having to enlarge the elevater servo holes a fraction to line up the holes. It is a great kit.

Edit. I did replace the TT and one way bearing case with Aligns because they werent the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.