T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Reply
Old 11-17-2012, 04:24 AM
  #776
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

@All - We brought our baby girl home from the hospital today...she was born on Tuesday 13/11/12. Let the fun begin. Really enjoying her so far.

@Ingleburn - Nice Maiden on the Tarot PRO.....they really are a different beast to the hobbyking gt's.

@b - enjoy your weather and camping.. we are fortunate here to have good weather most of the year for flying. Except the next 4 days are rain and thunder.

Jonesy

ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:53 AM
  #777
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

@All - We brought our baby girl home from the hospital today...she was born on Tuesday 13/11/12. Let the fun begin. Really enjoying her so far.

@Ingleburn - Nice Maiden on the Tarot PRO.....they really are a different beast to the hobbyking gt's.

@b - enjoy your weather and camping.. we are fortunate here to have good weather most of the year for flying. Except the next 4 days are rain and thunder.

Jonesy

Congratulations Jonesy!

They are a bundle of JOY! If you were selfish for any reason prior, you will NOT be selfish any more! The many glories of being a parent is that it make you a good citizen! Please know that even though that baby is a wonderful gift from the lord above, momma needs attention too! Tragically, you are now expendable in the grand scheme!

All the best!

Brian

PS What is this "flyting" thing of which you speak??
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:43 PM
  #778
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

@All - We brought our baby girl home from the hospital today...she was born on Tuesday 13/11/12. Let the fun begin. Really enjoying her so far.

@Ingleburn - Nice Maiden on the Tarot PRO.....they really are a different beast to the hobbyking gt's.

@b - enjoy your weather and camping.. we are fortunate here to have good weather most of the year for flying. Except the next 4 days are rain and thunder.

Jonesy

Congratulations Jonesy. When you didnt post on the forum for a few days I knew where you must have been.
Hope everything went well and the bub and wife are fine. Enjoy her while you can.
Im sure she has more than a few surprises in store for you.


ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 PM
  #779
hugj
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: danielsville, GA
Posts: 353
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Congrats!!!!!!! Now the fun will begin, I hope father, mother and the little one are great!!!
Hugh
hugj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 PM
  #780
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Grats Daddy!

Siblings will bring more joy to all 

Best,
Ken
Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:58 PM
  #781
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Thanks guys, yes it's very special indeed. She's been really good so far, I even managed to get 6 hours sleep last night.

My nano batteries have turned up at my work from hobbyking so I'll have to go and pick them up as i'm missing the stick time already.

My flying buddy Troy purchased a Blade 500 3D this week so I'm keen to see how that goes. We both agree that the 500x is way overpriced and the 3D would give the bigger bird experience and still be more than capable at his current skill set.


Jonesy
ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:54 PM
  #782
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Thanks guys, yes it's very special indeed. She's been really good so far, I even managed to get 6 hours sleep last night.

My nano batteries have turned up at my work from hobbyking so I'll have to go and pick them up as i'm missing the stick time already.

My flying buddy Troy purchased a Blade 500 3D this week so I'm keen to see how that goes. We both agree that the 500x is way overpriced and the 3D would give the bigger bird experience and still be more than capable at his current skill set.


Jonesy
Still trying to decide if I want a nano.
Went through nearly 20 batteries on the MCPX today in the backyard practising inverted and had a ball.
Lost it up a couple of trees and needed a long pole to get it back but no damage.
Seem to have more trouble going from inverted to normal but with practise its getting there.
Maybe a nano would come in handy cause I could practise indoors.
Jeejays have Hyperions for them so if I decide to bite the bullet I might order some of them.
Funny thing is they are smaller than the MCPX batteries but cost more.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:59 PM
  #783
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Thanks guys, yes it's very special indeed. She's been really good so far, I even managed to get 6 hours sleep last night.

My nano batteries have turned up at my work from hobbyking so I'll have to go and pick them up as i'm missing the stick time already.

My flying buddy Troy purchased a Blade 500 3D this week so I'm keen to see how that goes. We both agree that the 500x is way overpriced and the 3D would give the bigger bird experience and still be more than capable at his current skill set.


Jonesy
Still trying to decide if I want a nano.
Went through nearly 20 batteries on the MCPX today in the backyard practising inverted and had a ball.
Lost it up a couple of trees and needed a long pole to get it back but no damage.
Seem to have more trouble going from inverted to normal but with practise its getting there.
Maybe a nano would come in handy cause I could practise indoors.
Jeejays have Hyperions for them so if I decide to bite the bullet I might order some of them.
Funny thing is they are smaller than the MCPX batteries but cost more.
I have some of those hyperion batteries for the mcpx and they are not as good as the stock ones or the nano-tech.

Re the nano, Ijust got a bunch of these: -> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11893

Paid $1.00 each for them with a buddy code. Will let you know how they go.

Baby sleeping = nano time



ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:37 AM
  #784
Kozzy_98
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SydneyNew South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 290
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hey all, bout time I pop my head back into the thread after a period of absense...

Congratulations Jonesy on your daughter!

In terms of helicopters there really hadn't been much going on. Hopefully for Christmas I will be getting one of them $40 Keychain cameras and that means that you guys will get some video from me!

Need to get 2 frames for my MCPXs, heads setup on my 450s and some more spare parts.
Kozzy_98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:54 AM
  #785
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay


I have some of those hyperion batteries for the mcpx and they are not as good as the stock ones or the nano-tech.

Re the nano, Ijust got a bunch of these: -> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11893

Paid $1.00 each for them with a buddy code. Will let you know how they go.

Baby sleeping = nano time



Im seeing the opposite. The nanotechs were great but failed after about 20 charges. The Hyperions have been good so far so it will be interesting to see if they last.
Let me know how the nanos go for the nano.
Shhh Dont wake the baby. You will get lots of advice about babies but my one is, do your usual stuff when shes asleep. Dont creep around the house because if they get used to noise then they will sleep no matter what happens.
We could vacuum their room, have the stereo up loud or mow the lawn. They slept through it all.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:58 AM
  #786
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hey all, bout time I pop my head back into the thread after a period of absense...

Congratulations Jonesy on your daughter!

In terms of helicopters there really hadn't been much going on. Hopefully for Christmas I will be getting one of them $40 Keychain cameras and that means that you guys will get some video from me!

Need to get 2 frames for my MCPXs, heads setup on my 450s and some more spare parts.
If you need any spares let me know. Got a redundent GT and a heap of useless spares sitting at home.
If its only the bottom pins broken on your MCPX do what I did. Velcro the canopy to the battery tray. Makes it much stronger and no need for the bottom pins.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 PM
  #787
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Check this out, insane. Wonder if there will be a 450 sized gear realeased?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZtdMapbL1s&feature=channel&list=UL[/youtube]

ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:53 PM
  #788
Flying Fiz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 898
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III



Hi Jonesy,

Congratulations DAD!

You will now realise two things;

1. Just how much your parents loved you - (I hope you didnt give them too much grief)
2. You are not in control of your life anymore that tiny little girl controls you and will for the next 20 years,

Enjoy these next few years are pure joy and they go fast.

Hey Guys I flew a real heli yesterday an R22 (small - very small) in the RC world it would be a 250 size. it was very twitchy and responded instantly to cyclic and collective inputs. Once it was in the air I took over the controls and flew it on and off for 10 mins. The instructor was of the view that the rc heli flying is a big help. Their only student who could perfectly hover a heli first go was an RCHeli guru. Let me tell you however, I didnt think it translated that well, the rudder (yaw ) is two pedals for your feet, the collective (up and down) and throttle was a handbrake like arm you pulled up and down which had a twist throttle on the end like a motor bike throttle, and cyclic was a weird double joy stick arrangement that you just moved every which way for forward, back, & side to side.

Great fun and a real buzz as it feels quite different to flying a plane (I flew a Cessna once) it feels much move three dimensional than a plane. I video'd the whole thing and might try and post a condensed version, also there is no blather just the sound of a little motor and rotors.

Best to all,

Phil
Flying Fiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:42 PM
  #789
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Congratulations Jonesy on your daughter! May she bring bundles of joy and keep the grey hair away for a the next 18 years.

I do hope to get some stick time in this coming weekend.

Edmund
Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:38 PM
  #790
mnemennth
 
mnemennth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Victoria TX
Posts: 615
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Check this out, insane. Wonder if there will be a 450 sized gear realeased?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZtdMapbL1s&feature=channel&list=UL[/youtube]

I guess I don't know enough to be impressed. Those gears are as big as the plastic ones in one of my 4" hand grinders I've used for years; I can cut through 1" steel bar with it.

Now if they whacked it hard enough with that board to stop the motor or break tail blades I'd be impressed; but here they were just whittling carefully. I can do that much damage with sandpaper on a electric toothbrush.

Oh, and MEGA-SUPER-DUPERCONGRATULATIONSDUDE!!!
May she be the love of your life and know it.


mnem
Wait'll you see the damage SHEcan do!
mnemennth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:44 AM
  #791
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: mnemennth


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Check this out, insane. Wonder if there will be a 450 sized gear realeased?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZtdM...hannel&list=UL

I guess I don't know enough to be impressed. Those gears are as big as the plastic ones in one of my 4" hand grinders I've used for years; I can cut through 1" steel bar with it.

Now if they whacked it hard enough with that board to stop the motor or break tail blades I'd be impressed; but here they were just whittling carefully. I can do that much damage with sandpaper on a electric toothbrush.

I was impressed. If I tried to do that with my 450 the first touch on that timber would have stripped the gears out. As it was the blades were worn down and in the second part they tried as hard as they could to strip a gear.
Im guessing that the cost of those gears would be so high that Id be to tight to buy them. Id rather learn not to touch down tail first.

@ Phil. Glad you had fun mate and did you try a loop.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 AM
  #792
Rob2160
 
Rob2160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 4,786
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Still trying to decide if I want a nano.
Yes you do....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOEULbpFeIo[/youtube]

Sorry the vid is not so great.. just from the iphone sitting on a desk.
Rob2160 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:35 AM
  #793
Rob2160
 
Rob2160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 4,786
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

This video is better than the one in my last post..

The Nano CPX is fabulous for indoors flying.. Very durable and manouverable.

After flying this 200+ times indoors I can flip and roll the MCPX more accurately and consistently indoors also.

and Congratulations on your new Baby Girl Jonesy!... great news mate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lKl0fCTK6o[/youtube]
Rob2160 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 AM
  #794
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rob2160

This video is better than the one in my last post..

The Nano CPX is fabulous for indoors flying.. Very durable and manouverable.

After flying this 200+ times indoors I canflip and roll the MCPX more accurately and consistently indoors also.

and Congratulations on your new Baby Girl Jonesy!... great news mate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lKl0fCTK6o[/youtube]
Lucky they are so light. Imagine trying to explain how you broke the glass in the picture frame. Sorry but I hit it with my helicopter.
I hope there that durable. Somehow I think Ill test that theory out. Thanks for the video.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:59 PM
  #795
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rob2160
This video is better than the one in my last post..
The Nano CPX is fabulous for indoors flying.. Very durable and manouverable.
After flying this 200+ times indoors I canflip and roll the MCPX more accurately and consistently indoors also.
and Congratulations on your new Baby Girl Jonesy!... great news mate.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lKl0fCTK6o[/youtube]
Lucky they are so light. Imagine trying to explain how you broke the glass in the picture frame. Sorry but I hit it with my helicopter.
I hope there that durable. Somehow I think Ill test that theory out. Thanks for the video.
Guys, thanks again for the congrats.

Igot the nano-tech batteries for the nano yesterday and only flew one pack as it's 40 knot winds here at the moment. They are a little fatter than the stock batteries but fit into the battery tray ok. If they puff any like the mcpx ones ended up doing they won't fit. As far as performace they seem stronger than the stock at the start of the battery but it was really windy. Hopefully if the wind dies off later today i'll try some more packs and get a bit of an idea and also a few cycles on them should help.



ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:30 PM
  #796
mnemennth
 
mnemennth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Victoria TX
Posts: 615
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: mnemennth


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Check this out, insane. Wonder if there will be a 450 sized gear realeased?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZtdM...hannel&list=UL

I guess I don't know enough to be impressed. Those gears are as big as the plastic ones in one of my 4" hand grinders I've used for years; I can cut through 1" steel bar with it.

Now if they whacked it hard enough with that board to stop the motor or break tail blades I'd be impressed; but here they were just whittling carefully. I can do that much damage with sandpaper on a electric toothbrush.

I was impressed. If I tried to do that with my 450 the first touch on that timber would have stripped the gears out. As it was the blades were worn down and in the second part they tried as hard as they could to strip a gear.
Im guessing that the cost of those gears would be so high that Id be to tight to buy them. Id rather learn not to touch down tail first.

@ Phil. Glad you had fun mate and did you try a loop.

D'OH!

I stopped watching where he landed the heli after doing all that crazy flying; I never saw the part with him deliberately stump grinding the tail rotor. Okay... I'm slightly impressed.

Still... I've seen plastic gears drive a lot more torque than that. And I've gotten the grinding disc caught in the metal hard enough to grenade the disc with the above-mentioned grinder, so there's a qualified impact load test too. Maybe we've gotten used to inferior design/quality on the gears for our helis...

mnem
I blame the seals. Always clapping and barking like that... you know they're up to no good.
mnemennth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:59 AM
  #797
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hiya ALL!

Didn't get any flying in over the last few dayz due to camping, wifey knee surgery and a constant wind!

Really enjoyed the camping and was able to weasel out another week over Thanksgiving and as wifey heals we are heading back out latter week to hang some more!

Jonesy, I see you are enjoying the baby and am pleased to find that so are setting in well!

I hope all is well in your respective worlds!

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:21 AM
  #798
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Jonesy, we will forgive you if you post a pic of that new baby here. I mean the one born not bought

Edmund
Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:08 PM
  #799
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Quote:
I blame the seals. Always clapping and barking like that... you know they're up to no good.
Agreed, we should form a club.....
Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 PM
  #800
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Edmund2
Jonesy, we will forgive you if you post a pic of that new baby here. I mean the one born not bought
Edmund
1 day old pic. Labour was only 3 hours total so it was a very fast birth....caught everyone by surprise. She had swolen cheeks for the first 3 days becuase of this apparently.



ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:34 AM.